Max puts Waldo on blast after his accusations

Holloway had a severely swollen ankle the morning after the Pettis fight. He was told by doctors he couldn't train 4-6 weeks and had to pull out of the Feb 11th fight.

"..This mother (expletive) is the last guy that should be talking about injuries and being able to fight,” Holloway said. “He wants to talk about he never turned down an opponent in his life and he don’t pick his opponents. I can clearly — he said this, not me — he got offered to fight me. He got offered to fight me at (UFC) 205 and 206 and he would not fight me. He said he would rather fight Anthony Pettis and then he didn’t take that fight either. He’s saying ‘I don’t turn down fights’ — go ask Sean Shelby if Max Holloway ever turned down a fight. I never turned down a fight in my life.

“This guy turns down a fight and he’s blaming his coach? Come on, get out of here. My coach didn’t want me to fight on Feb. 11 but I’m going to do what I’m going to do. I love my coaches but at the end of the day I need to get in there and do the damn thing and they respect that. Feb. 11 I wanted to fight, and then I go to the doctors and I have an injury. It would dumb of me to take a fight with Jose Aldo and I can’t train four to six weeks. This guy is seriously gone in his head. I fought 10 times in the last three years. How many times did he fight? Let’s compare

“He says he never turned down a fight — you never showed up to six of the fights,” Holloway said. “Great you never turned down a fight, now show up to the damn things. You pulled out of six fights. I don’t know he prides himself on ‘I never turned down a fight’ but then didn’t show up for six fights. Get out of here with that talk."

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...aldo-explains-hes-not-fighting-ufc-208-122116

Aren't they fighting in February or did that change already?

on blast?

holloway got his little ankle injured so he can't fight

he should just stfu already

it's highly disingenuous for Jose Aldo to suggest that Holloway turned down a fight with him

Jose is ducking. no doubt about it. running with the paper belt cause hes afraid to lose it again

Well, Aldo warned that in his Q&A

Max called him out and now is complaining he got his answer.

Max jammed out of the Aldo fight in Brooklyn that he asked for in the first place.
He needs to shut the fuck up, and do what he does best...FIGHT.

Both of them are becoming very unlikable.

A lot of potential FOTY candidates are getting scrapped over contract disputes. At some point, guys and girls have to figure out their worth, sign a contract, and live up to it.

max might be in the same category as vitor belfort and diego sanchez when it comes to intelligence - thats high regard there

War Max

200.gif

I've just noticed I've got a blue belt now. That's pretty sweet.

These transparent, public negotiations are getting tiresome. I think a lot of it has to do with douchebag agents as much as anything.

Aren't they fighting in February or did that change already?
Max first said Aldo wanted the fight this soon because Max would be too tired
Then he said he wanted to take his son to disneyland and wouldn't fight in that period
Then media started to say he's hurt (Ankle injury) and can't be fully healed by then

Aldo said he fought when his wife was pregnant and when they had a newborn at home, and that kids are not excuse to not fight.

Yet Aldo is being flamed by Max with his "Waldo" bullshit.

Max Holiday ate his words after calling Aldo out for 208.

He should probably just shut up now, he's making himself look bad.

It's highly disingenuous of Aldo to suggest that Holloway won't fight him. Holloway wants to fight him at a reasonable date, clearly he misspoke about February but Aldo is using this technicality to duck and run. He's afraid to lose that paper belt like he did the real thing

Back