Max Blessed Might be the First Man to Finish Frankie if They Fight

If he beats Edgar then Holloway should be considered an all-time great.

Who cares conors the real champ

Conor hasn't fought in the division for 18 months, and doesn't even seem to be interested in MMA anymore.

If he never goes back, which is probable, will he be the "real champ" until the end of time without ever defending a title in the division?

By this logic, the UFC might as well just get rid of the division since Conor will own it forever no matter what happens or who emerges.

Frankie is a zombie. What he did against Maynard was obscene. He was near dead and just kept on coming.

Max vs. Dennis bermudez is the closest thing Max has seen to Frankie Edgar, but Edgar is much better at that style than Denis. Max did well in that fight, but you better bet your ass that if Edgar get's this position on max:

DR55zq.gif

Then the complexion of the fight is changing fast.

You're basing your assessment over footage that's pretty old. Max has evolved tremendously since then, he isn't the same fighter. IMO he's evolved more than Frankie, and he's still getting better.

Frankie has the tools to beat Holloway and he will do that

You're basing your assessment over footage that's pretty old. Max has evolved tremendously since then, he isn't the same fighter. IMO he's evolved more than Frankie, and he's still getting better.

I didn't make an assessment. All I said is that's the closest thing we've seen to Max vs. a wrestle boxer, which is true in my opinion. if I were to make an assessment, I'd say that Max would have to evolve tremendously, because having Dennis Bermudez (especial the Bermudez of four years ago) on top of you is a nice, warm, welcoming time compared to having Edgar on you.

Which of these points that I brought up do you disagree with?

A. Max vs. Dennis is the closest thing to a Max vs. Edgar stylistic match-up that we've seen from Max

B. Max has improved his tdd and his offensive BJJ, but we haven't seen him off of his back since the bermudez and Conor fight, so who know's how much he's improved off his back since then.

C. Max will have to show those improvements—his improved TDD, and the the improvements we're assuming he's made off of his back—if he wants to beat Edgar, because Edgar is much better than Dennis in all areas of the game.

Last edited:
I didn't make an assessment. All I said is that's the closest thing we've seen to Max vs. a wrestle boxer, which is true in my opinion. if I were to make an assessment, I'd say that Max would have to evolve tremendously, because having Dennis Bermudez (especial the Bermudez of four years ago) on top of you is a nice, warm, welcoming time compared to having Edgar on you.

Which of these points that I brought up do you disagree with?

A. Max vs. Dennis is the closest thing to a Max vs. Edgar stylistic match-up that we've seen from Max

B. Max has improved his tdd and his offensive BJJ, but we haven't seen him off of his back since the bermudez and Conor fight, so who know's how much he's improved off his back since then.

C. Max will have to show those improvements—his improved TDD, and the the improvements we're assuming he's made off of his back—if he wants to beat Edgar, because Edgar is much better than Dennis in all areas of the game.

Edgar has good control and decent GnP from top, but Bermudez is just as damaging from top as Frankie if not more. I'm not even convinced that Edgar can take Max down.

Edgar has good control and decent GnP from top, but Bermudez is just as damaging from top as Frankie if not more.

Edgar has far better control and takedowns and striking than Bermudez, Especially the Bermudez of four years ago. Bermudez hasn't controlled anyone with the BJJ of prime penn, Do bronx, Faber, or even Swanson, Edgar has. Hell Bermudez struggled just to get Stephens down, but Frankie got Stephens down at will every round and controlled him and passed his guard at will. Bermudez is not more damaging from the top than Frankie because he can't control guys as well as Frankie; he doesn't have the positional bjj that Frankie has. I don't know how you can even argue other wise.

I'm not even convinced that Edgar can take Max down.

Well, that's the question man. Edgar is undoubtedly the best takedown artist he will have faced though, and probably the best all around grappler.

Last edited:
He;d have to defend 3-4x to surpass Aldo IMO
He doesn't need to surpass Aldo to be a great. Certainly if he beat Aldo himself along with Edgar, Pettis, and more on a 12 fight win streak (tied w. GSP) he'd be considered one of the very best to ever do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back