Max Blessed Might be the First Man to Finish Frankie if They Fight

I think the fights a toss up with a lot of variables .Really depends on if Frankie gets takedowns TBH.Cardio vs Cardio there equal.

Meh possibe, but I don't think so. But you're onto something with the cardio vs cardio

I favor Max in the rematch.
Depends on the weight, but if Conor can still make 145 I think he stops Holloway.

Both guys have improved since their first fight, but Conor still has better reach, speed and power than Max, especially early. Both guys like to pressure, but Max's style exposes him to counters, where Conor really shines.

Great fight though, would be awesome to see it.

Depends on the weight, but if Conor can still make 145 I think he stops Holloway.

Both guys have improved since their first fight, but Conor still has better reach, speed and power than Max, especially early. Both guys like to pressure, but Max's style exposes him to counters, where Conor really shines.

Great fight though, would be awesome to see it.

Conor is good for 1.5 rounds with that KO power, after that its all downhill.

I thought Mendes would KO Frankie, then Frankie went out there and KO'd Mendes in the first.

But Holloway possibly could, but you just cannot count Frankie out.

That's at least somewhat true. But I think Conor stops Max early.

Possible for sure, but I think Max will be more cautious and start off slower like he did with Aldo then up the pace in the 2nd -3rd rounds. It would be a tremendous fight.

I thought Mendes would KO Frankie, then Frankie went out there and KO'd Mendes in the first.

But Holloway possibly could, but you just cannot count Frankie out.

I hate to say it, but Conor might have cracked Chad's chin. Aldo fucked it up 2x, once with that jump knee and the second time with the late cross to the jaw.

I hate to say it, but Conor might have cracked Chad's chin. Aldo fucked it up 2x, once with that jump knee and the second time with the late cross to the jaw.

Solid points are......solid.

Possible for sure, but I think Max will be more cautious and start off slower like he did with Aldo then up the pace in the 2nd -3rd rounds. It would be a tremendous fight.
Honestly, Max handled Aldo exactly right. He was happy to let a couple of rounds slip and wait for Aldo to slow just a fraction before turning it on.

Max is really durable, that could be a factor against Conor. We've seen what happenes with Conor when he fights a guy with good boxing, pressure and absolutely spastic chin.

I give the edge to Frankie.

But would be a great fight.

Honestly, Max handled Aldo exactly right. He was happy to let a couple of rounds slip and wait for Aldo to slow just a fraction before turning it on.

Max is really durable, that could be a factor against Conor. We've seen what happenes with Conor when he fights a guy with good boxing, pressure and absolutely spastic chin.

LOL indeed my friend, indeed!

Mcgregor was finished by 125'er, GSP got KO's by Serra, what's your point? Max just finished the GOAT at FW, and while I love Dustin he's a journeyman right now.
I totally read the thread title wrong i thought it said Frankie would be the first to finish Max. My bad sorry

Such a great match up this one.

Disagree, he gets dropped quite a bit, but he has remarkable recovery.

He was dropped once in like the past 4 and a half years, and you need to consider that he was fighting some of the hardest hitters in the division: Mendes, Stephens, Swanson, and Aldo. He has the 9th best defense stats in the entire ufc.

frank_two.png

He hasn't lost a single round to anyone other than Aldo in his entire FW career.

He isn't a high volume pressure fighter, he's more of a distance boxer who likes to mix in TD's and wrestling. I never said he doesn't have great cardio, he's starting to decline physically and Max has better cardio because his volume and work rate actually increases as rounds go on.

Wow. I don't know how to respond this. We see things much differently here lol. I can't see how anyone could Argue that Frankie isn't a pressure fighter. He is always leading the dance unless he's rocked. The people that have success against Frankie, are the ones who can use his pressure against him and time Frankie's entries into the pocket (aldo and Maynard timed Frankie's pressure nicely).

Even on the outside when Edgar is circling, he's feinting and keeping the pressure on and looking for an angle—he'll try to draw out your attacks and counter them, but he's still the one pressing the action and he's still the one in control (usually). This, for example, is a very calculated pressure and feint game:

$

You can pretty much copy and paste that into all of Frankie's fights because that is his style. He's a pressure fighter, and a damn good one at that. Although, of course he's more than capable on the counter, too.

$

Actually, Now that I think of it, Both Edgar and Max are fighters that are really good at pressuring, but they can play the counter game as well.

Against Conor he had a broken foot, and his defensive wrestling and overall grappling isn't what it is now.

And fili? the far, far, far worse wrestler than Edgar?

Last edited:
Yair Rodriguez is 5'11 and an excellent striker, like Max, and look what happened.

5'11 yes, good striker, hell fucking no. Yair does not know what footwork, setups, distance management, and strike selection are. He throws a bunch of fancy flying spinning shit but he has no fundamentals, which is why he rarely connects unless you stand in front of him like BJ Penn. Any half decent fighter sees his shit coming from a mile away and either counter him like Frankie did or get the hell out of the way and make him miss by 10'.

Holloway on the other hand has among the best damn fundamentals in the game and he knows how to use his skills to systematically break down and kill his opponents. The only thing that Yair and Max have in common is that they're 5'11 featherweights.

He was dropped once in like the past 4 and a half years, and you need to consider that he was fighting some of the hardest hitters in the division: Mendes, Stephens, Swanson, and Aldo. He has the 9th best defense stats in the entire ufc.

frank_two.png

He hasn't lost a single round to anyone other than Aldo in his entire FW career.

I'm not a fan of fight metric, Edgar gets tagged quite a bit and if he fights Max it will be evident. Edgar's game is more misdirection and appearing to look busy.

Wow. I don't know how to respond this. We see things much differently here lol. I can't see how anyone could Argue that Frankie isn't a pressure fighter. He is always leading the dance unless he's rocked. The people that have success against Frankie, are the ones who can use his pressure against him and time Frankie's entries into the pocket (aldo and Maynard timed Frankie's pressure nicely).

Even on the outside when Edgar is circling, he's feinting and keeping the pressure on and looking for an angle—he'll try to draw out your attacks and counter them, but he's still the one pressing the action and he's still the one in control (usually). This, for example, is a very calculated pressure and feint game:

$

You can pretty much copy and paste that into all of Frankie's fights because that is his style. He's a pressure fighter, and a damn good one at that. Although, of course he's more than capable on the counter, too.

$

Actually, Now that I think of it, Both Edgar and Max are fighters that are really good at pressuring, but they can play the counter game as well.

And fili? the far, far, far worse wrestler than Edgar?

His game was still raw and he didn't have the wrestling, TDD, and grappling like he does now.

Two very good and very different styles. I look forward to seeing them clash. Could see either man winning the fight. All depends on who can impose their will. Max's adjustments in the Aldo fight impressed the hell out of me. And I already thought he was quite good.

5'11 yes, good striker, hell fucking no. Yair does not know what footwork, setups, distance management, and strike selection are. He throws a bunch of fancy flying spinning shit but he has no fundamentals, which is why he rarely connects unless you stand in front of him like BJ Penn. Any half decent fighter sees his shit coming from a mile away and either counter him like Frankie did or get the hell out of the way and make him miss by 10'.

Holloway on the other hand has among the best damn fundamentals in the game and he knows how to use his skills to systematically break down and kill his opponents. The only thing that Yair and Max have in common is that they're 5'11 featherweights.

Yair's weaknesses are TDD, wrestling, and boxing. All he does is spam kicks from miles away, he's willing to throw 20 kicks to land one (maybe).

Back