Max Blessed Might be the First Man to Finish Frankie if They Fight

Hardkore

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
If Frankie Edgar gets the FW title shot against Max, I get the feeling he will be stopped by Max for the first time in the UFC. Max will be too tall, too long, better boxing, with a bigger gas tank. I don't think Frankie can keep Max down, Frankie while still elite and very good is starting to slow down and on a decline from his physical prime. While Max is still peaking, and has improved in every facet of his game and he's only 25. I got Max all day.

Could happen, max seems to pack a bigger punch and has more technical striking than Aldo who was piecing Frankie up somethin fierce

Bigger question is if Max can avoid the tTD

If Frankie Edgar gets the FW title shot against Max, I get the feeling he will be stopped by Max for the first time in the UFC. Max will be too tall, too long, better boxing, with a bigger gas tank. I don't think Frankie can keep Max down, Frankie while still elite and very good is starting to slow down and on a decline from his physical prime. While Max is still peaking, and has improved in every facet of his game and he's only 25. I got Max all day.

IMG_0278.GIF

Careful betting against Edgar, though. Halloway solid but Edgar gonna be in hall of fame for a reason.

Could happen, max seems to pack a bigger punch and has more technical striking than Aldo who was piecing Frankie up somethin fierce

Bigger question is if Max can avoid the tTD

IMO Frankie will hit an eventual TD or two, but the bigger question is can he keep Max down?

Will be interesting to see how Holloway responds to leg kicks and takedowns. Also if Edgar can keep him down on the mat, his top control has never been as good as his takedowns but it does seem better at 145.

giphy.gif

Agreed! Frankie would be target practice with all that slick movement and action Jackson fighting he can bring...

View attachment 237281

Careful betting against Edgar, though. Halloway solid but Edgar gonna be in hall of fame for a reason.

Oh I'm fully aware of what Edgar is capable of, I just think its another horrific style matchup for Edgar. If he can't hit the TD's or keep Max down, he's going to be in trouble.

Yeah it's possible. Max is on a tear and he has great striking but you can never count frankie out. I like both guys so may the best man win.
60/40 holloway imo

Yeah, I can see that happening.

Max reminds me a lot of Nick Diaz.

Frankie's chin is alot tougher then Hosay's, matter of fact, he probably has the toughest chin in the FW division. Don't be surprised when Max gasses from Frankie's relentless TD attempts.

Agreed! Frankie would be target practice with all that slick movement and action Jackson fighting he can bring...
Frankie won't be rushing Max like he did with Yair, he's going to fight on the outside and try to mix his leg kicks, distance boxing, and his patented knee taps. I'm not sure he can win trying to outpoint a high volume pressure fighter like Max. I think Max will have to cage cut relentlessly and keep the pressure on Fankie and force him to fight.

Frankie's chin is alot tougher then Hosay's, matter of fact, he probably has the toughest chin in the FW division. Don't be surprised when Max gasses from Frankie's relentless TD attempts.

Disagree, he gets dropped quite a bit, but he has remarkable recovery.

Yeah, I can see that happening.

Max reminds me a lot of Nick Diaz.

I would agree with that to both like to pressure and trap guys against the fence with volume striking, although I think Max is a bit more tactical while Nick is a bit more reckless with his engagements.

McGregor has a better chance of finishing Frankie and Holloway.

Back