Max Blessed Might be the First Man to Finish Frankie if They Fight

If Frankie Edgar gets the FW title shot against Max, I get the feeling he will be stopped by Max for the first time in the UFC. Max will be too tall, too long, better boxing, with a bigger gas tank. I don't think Frankie can keep Max down, Frankie while still elite and very good is starting to slow down and on a decline from his physical prime. While Max is still peaking, and has improved in every facet of his game and he's only 25. I got Max all day.
Did you see Frankie last fight ?

I was waiting for the first dumbass to compare Max with Yair. Congrats you won.
Has more to w/ Edgar fighting for Nick Catone's passed son more so than any Max-Yair semblance, so props for making assumptions like a jack ass son.

Oh I'm fully aware of what Edgar is capable of, I just think its another horrific style matchup for Edgar. If he can't hit the TD's or keep Max down, he's going to be in trouble.
They said the same with Yair and he got skull fucked lol

Oh I'm fully aware of what Edgar is capable of, I just think its another horrific style matchup for Edgar. If he can't hit the TD's or keep Max down, he's going to be in trouble.

But do you remember Conor and fili laying on max for minutes at a time?

would've been conor if they fought. : )

but yeah maybe.

He's still good, but he's already declining. Edgar is 35 and has a lot of miles on the tires.

People have been saying he's declining ever since he dropped to FW, but he's made some very important technical improvements ever since the first Aldo fight, plus his speed looked back after he healed his knee and received groin surgery.

I don't doubt max can finish Frankie, but I do think that you're doubting Frankie, and that usually doesn't go well for people.

I agree - Max has the aggressiveness and cardio to put Frankie away. Frankie has shown legendary durability, but that also means that he's been thrashed and beat down in many fights through which he displayed his heart. He's very tough, but hittable, and though he's kept coming back, I think Max puts him away by TKO. Max has the volume and unpredictability to continually hurt Frankie. He overcame adversity when Aldo was beating him for 2 rounds - he then goes on to legitimately finish Aldo by strikes. Frankie has shown great heart but it entails him having been beat down by several people and have absorbed many, many strikes. His chin will crack for good if he fights Max.

Frankie won't be rushing Max like he did with Yair, he's going to fight on the outside and try to mix his leg kicks, distance boxing, and his patented knee taps. I'm not sure he can win trying to outpoint a high volume pressure fighter like Max. I think Max will have to cage cut relentlessly and keep the pressure on Fankie and force him to fight.

You do realize that Frankie himself is a high volume pressure fighter, right? one with proven elite cardio. He almost never fights the way you're saying he'll fight, which is actually a shame because he was doing much better with the counter game against Aldo. He does spend moments of fights where he'll circle on the outside, but it's very rare to see Frankie NOT leading the dance in his fights because he keeps the pressure on his opponents with feints all night; and if he's backing up, he's likely injured and or looking to time a reactionary take down off of his opponents forward pressure.

Nope. Pettis is less consistent but they they both fought Henderson around the same time, Pettis beat him twice and Edgar lost to him twice. And just objectively watching their fights I'd say Pettis has much more impressive skillset. And like you conceded yourself by omitting Aldo from your rebuke, it goes without saying that he's just better than Edgar. So I do think that finishing Edgar wouldn't compare to finishing both of those fighters, which Holloway already has done.

I am far from an Edgar fan boy, but he lost the first Benson but he won the rematch in many people's eyes (including mine as I am a bigger Benson fan). Pettis has a great kicking game and a good submission game, but his weak areas are boxing, footwork, and wrestling. While Edgar has great MMA wrestling, good boxing, and great top control. Edgar has been Champ at LW longer than Pettis and has had a better career at FW than Pettis.

I don't play MMA math, because it generally doesn't work, you go by match ups and skill sets.

You do realize that Frankie himself is a high volume pressure fighter, right? one with proven elite cardio. He almost never fights the way you're saying he'll fight, which is actually a shame because he was doing much better with the counter game against Aldo. He does spend moments of fights where he'll circle on the outside, but it's very rare to see Frankie NOT leading the dance in his fights because he keeps the pressure on his opponents with feints all night; and if he's backing up, he's likely injured and or looking to time a reactionary take down off of his opponents forward pressure.

He isn't a high volume pressure fighter, he's more of a distance boxer who likes to mix in TD's and wrestling. I never said he doesn't have great cardio, he's starting to decline physically and Max has better cardio because his volume and work rate actually increases as rounds go on.

People have been saying he's declining ever since he dropped to FW, but he's made some very important technical improvements ever since the first Aldo fight, plus his speed looked back after he healed his knee and received groin surgery.

I don't doubt max can finish Frankie, but I do think that you're doubting Frankie, and that usually doesn't go well for people.

He looked good against a mediocre fighter with no wrestling in Yair.

But do you remember Conor and fili laying on max for minutes at a time?

Against Conor he had a broken foot, and his defensive wrestling and overall grappling isn't what it is now.

Yes i think so 2,frankie had an uninspiring win against stephens and then a win against yair who had beaten no one and was a hype job because of his flashy style.He really hasnt beaten a top fighter in years aside from the chad knockout which was flukey because frankie doesnt ko anyone or really hurt them on the feet.

I really think max will get 5-6 defenses at least,the kid is a beast,has really evolved his striking has been finishing top guys

They said the same with Yair and he got skull fucked lol

I called Edgar was going to win, Yair is overhyped with a flashy kicking game. There are a number of people who can push Yair's shit in at FW.
43945-1230538.png

Has more to w/ Edgar fighting for Nick Catone's passed son more so than any Max-Yair semblance, so props for making assumptions like a jack ass son.

LOL Yea he was fighting for Catone's son and not his own career. Or maybe Edgar knows that Yair hasn't been tested against a good wrestler with TD's and top control?

Aside from Dustin who finished him already in the UFC

Mcgregor was finished by 125'er, GSP got KO's by Serra, what's your point? Max just finished the GOAT at FW, and while I love Dustin he's a journeyman right now.

I called Edgar was going to win, Yair is overhyped with a flashy kicking game. There are a number of people who can push Yair's shit in at FW.
43945-1230538.png
I think the fights a toss up with a lot of variables .Really depends on if Frankie gets takedowns TBH.Cardio vs Cardio there equal.

Back