Matt Manning wins $50,000 body transformation contest

I went from 190 lbs to 155 lbs in less than 3 months to win $155. 40 lbs with a bit of a water cut for photo purposes in 3 months is easily doable.

He looks like a life long fitness/weightlifter who put on 40lbs for a short period of time.

I would bet his 'before' is not what he looked like for very long.

The guy seems honest enough when reading the thread on bb.com, but I'm still skeptical.

To lose that much fat at his age in 3 months seems a bit crazy, even with prior wl history etc. Then again, if you go to leangains.com, there are multiple 40+ guys who lost lots of fat, so I don't know...

The guy seems honest enough when reading the thread on bb.com, but I'm still skeptical.

To lose that much fat at his age in 3 months seems a bit crazy, even with prior wl history etc. Then again, if you go to leangains.com, there are multiple 40+ guys who lost lots of fat, so I don't know...

Don't confuse it with losing 45 pounds, and losing 45 pounds of weight, GAINING 7 pounds of muscle, and LOSING ~22.5% of bodyfat at the age of 45 to get to 5.5% BF.

He either juiced or he bloated himself up for the "before" pics.

Also I just realized, but the guy says "I'm learning" all the time in the thread re. proper nutrition.
Yet, he has a supplement stack that not even amateur bb have. I would need to check but I'm guessing those companies are doing ads on bb.com or even are sold by them directly.

Don't confuse it with losing 45 pounds, and losing 45 pounds of weight, GAINING 7 pounds of muscle, and LOSING ~22.5% of bodyfat at the age of 45 to get to 5.5% BF.

He either juiced or he bloated himself up for the "before" pics.

Bloating up to win a contest is both easy and common. So is using lighting and photography to enhance results. Some before and after shots for supplements are actually shot the same day using the same models under different conditions by photographers and editors who really know what they are doing.

Anyone who says it is obvious that someone used performance enhancing drugs based off of two photographs is an utter idiot. If it were that simple, we would not need drug testing, now, would we?

Edit: For the record, as an experienced lifter with a decent amount of muscle mass who gained a great deal of fat following surgery a few years back, I cut 45lbs. in 15 weeks with zero loss of strength, a decrease in BF% and an increase in LBM. I did not need drugs to do it. A lot of guys have done similar things.

I think this guy is full of shit. First of all he looks like he has muscles in the first pic jsut a layer of fat covering it he doesn't look like someone who doesn't train but like a powerlifter or bodybuilder off season. You can clearly see that eh has a lot of msucle in the first pic. He's either a genetic freak, full of shit or full of steroids.
He most likely trained before that, ate himself fat, drank a lot before the pic and just lost the extra fat before the second pic.
If he was jsut out of shape he before he wouldn't look like that you can't lose fat and build muscle at the same time so where the fuck do the muscles come from.
What bothers me are his legs they look bigger in the second pic if that really happened in 3 months which I really doubt even if he bullshitted with his story then he took a shitload of roids.

A lot of the advice he provides in that bb.com post is flat out bunk. He sounds like a walking advertizement for Dymatize.

I.E. intermittent fasting / every ridiculous supp he mentioned.

for 50,000 i would get as fat as i can (but still doing some lift) and the final three months stop eating carbo and start getting serious steroids.
the problem is that people like that guy had the same idea.

I think this guy is full of shit. First of all he looks like he has muscles in the first pic jsut a layer of fat covering it he doesn't look like someone who doesn't train but like a powerlifter or bodybuilder off season. You can clearly see that eh has a lot of msucle in the first pic. He's either a genetic freak, full of shit or full of steroids.
He most likely trained before that, ate himself fat, drank a lot before the pic and just lost the extra fat before the second pic.
If he was jsut out of shape he before he wouldn't look like that you can't lose fat and build muscle at the same time so where the fuck do the muscles come from.
What bothers me are his legs they look bigger in the second pic if that really happened in 3 months which I really doubt even if he bullshitted with his story then he took a shitload of roids.

exactly, he even has good definition on chest, shoulders, triceps etc for being a fat guy with no training.
and he had a good doctor too, i don't think he was a noob buying steroids on internet by himself.

Of course he won! his dick looks enlarged in the second pic. That accomplishment cannot be surpassed.

Back