Matt Manning wins $50,000 body transformation contest

Fedorgasm

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/man-loses-40-pounds--gains-a-six-pack-and--50-000-200645629.html

In three months Matt Manning from Xenia, Ohio transformed by dropping 40 pounds, which led to a $50,000 grand prize win.

before:
article-2627425-1DD0659100000578-393_306x427.jpg

after:
article-2627425-1DD0659100000578-282_306x427.jpg

What are your opinions on this?

I'm skeptical. I don't want to take anything away from the guy, but if you read the article and watch the video, he kind of paints himself as this couch potato who was on the verge of a heart attack. If that were true then I don't see how he could have made this transformation in only 3 months.

It looks to me like he already had a lot of muscle, and maybe he was on a bulking cycle so he got fat, then stuck out his stomach as far as he could for his "before" photo. Then he just went on a cutting cycle for 3 months.

His skin looks so tight in the after photo that he seriously couldn't have been fat for very long.

It's still a nice accomplishment, so good for him, but it seems to me that it's been exaggerated a little bit. They make it sound like he just started working out 3 months ago.

Thoughts?

Reminds me of that movie. "I want to look like that guy". But the guy in the movie bulked and cut with a some BBs nutrition and workout plan. I think it took him 6 months. Good movie.

Anyways that guy was on a Mac from always sunny style bulk in the before photo.

I could drop 40 lbs in 3 months in $50k was on the line too.

The guy obviously had a lot of muscle to begin with, but was really fat.

It looks like his quads got much bigger, but not sure cause the 1st photo cuts out before his knees.

Looks like a bulk/cut to me.

He posted an article on Bodybuilding.com forums about how he did it.

I personally think he had a little "help". Curious about what you guys think,

Here is the link. He also stated that he has lifted for 28 years. It could be possible if he was in crazy good shape just before he "bulked Up" quickly, and posted the first pic bloated as hell. Otherwise, you don't just drop so much at this age and add muscle without PEDs.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161554643

do people really go on 'bulking cycles' that drastic?

Here is the link. He also stated that he has lifted for 28 years. It could be possible if he was in crazy good shape just before he "bulked Up" quickly, and posted the first pic bloated as hell. Otherwise, you don't just drop so much at this age and add muscle without PEDs.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161554643

Thanks for the link. This is kind of changing my mind about him. Maybe it wasn't simply a bulking photo:

I have lifted weights on and off for almost 28 years, so I had experience with some of the supplements before. Life just got the better of me the last 5+ years and I really let myself go. Even though I had lifted for many years, I had no experience with trying to lose fat. I had always been consumed with gaining muscle and strength, which is part of the reason I got so fat. So when I finally decided to get lean, it was all new to me and it was quite a learning process.

So he already had a great muscular base from a lifetime of lifting. Then he went on a VERY strict caloric deficit. He says he ate 800 to 900 cals for the first 7 weeks, which he admits was a mistake, so he raised it up to 1350 cals after that. I suppose under an extreme deficit like that with all the muscle already in place that it's possible.

Just a middle-aged guy who never worked out since PE class in high school, but he lost 40lbs in 3 months and looks great, and you will look just like that too if you train and eat exactly what he did! :icon_twis

^^with this "one weird trick."

Also nutritionists hate him.

And he weighs 175. Benches 385.

He definitely wasn't unconditioned before his traps and delts look around the same size.

Don't wanna speculate about PED's coz I really don't know. But for 50K you can bet that motherfucker eat and trained like a man possesed.

Back