Matt Hammil Vs. Thiago Silva

Should be a relatively easy night for Hammil.

yea cuz hes going to sleep fairly quickly :p

i like hamill, but this is a badddd match up for him, silva is one of the biggest LHW and he will easily run through hamill. I predict Silva via ko rd 1

I think Hammil's wrestling will come to play. Hammil via UD

Jeez, when does Hammil's wrestling ever come into play? He has got to be the most frustrating guy to watch besides Andy Wang. I can't count how many fights he just goes out there to brawl. And he's a shitty brawler.

I always root for the guy, but i think his days are numbered in the UFC. He really needs to go to his wrestling more often.

Silva's been training with Rashad and i think his wrestling will hold up well against post-retirement Hamill. The only thing stopping Silva is a pre and post fight piss test! War Thiago!

Silva wins. Should get the finish, Hammil should have stated retired.
Thaigo Silva is a beast.

Worst fight possible for hamill!!! He will get punched twice and wonder Wtf was he thinking

Hammil via being better at everything (except syringe handling

Rooting for Hamill, but Silva probably takes this.

Rooting for Hamill, not confident enough to make a prediction about who wins.

This is your typical Brazil card match-up, give the Brazilian fighter and fans the perfect match-up for a cakewalk win. Brazil cards are so damn one-sided, it's like pro wrestling with pre-determined outcomes due to the match making.

Should be a relatively easy night for Hammil.

asdfasdsad what? lol. No.

Silva has fallen through the rankings because of his fake piss & pot smoking. He's easily the best LHW outside top 10 (and IMO he's better fighter nowadays than Lil Nog & Bader).

This is your typical Brazil card match-up, give the Brazilian fighter and fans the perfect match-up for a cakewalk win. Brazil cards are so damn one-sided, it's like pro wrestling with pre-determined outcomes due to the match making.

I agree that it is usually that way, but Silva just fought Stanislav Nedkov a year ago. Let's not pretend that Silva is SO far ahead of Hamill just because he is an obvious favorite or that Hamill doesn't deserve to fight someone like Silva. Hamill has been in there with some top fighters before.

I thought Hammil retired? He should have, go Silva!

On paper, Silva crushes Hamill. If it weren't for drugs and animal urine, Silva would be 3-1 in his last 4 with knockouts in his last 2, with that one loss was to Gustafsson. Hamill, on the other hand, beat Tito and didn't look great doing so, lost to Rampage and looked awful, and got crushed by Gustafsson. He retired, took a year off, came back against Roger Hollett and looked slow and uninspired (although luckily not as bad as Hollett.) Now, he has taken ANOTHER year off and is fighting Silva in fucking Brazil. All signs point to this being a squash.

All signs but this. For as long as Thiago Silva has been in the UFC, he has fought almost no wrestlers. He got wrestleraped by Rashad, but he hasn't had to worry about that when fighting guys like Irvin, Alexander, Machida, Jardine, Vera, Gustafsson, Nedkov or Feijao. Matt Hamill seemingly has one way to win this fight, and it's his wrestling. It may be all he needs. Or not.

asdfasdsad what? lol. No.

Silva has fallen through the rankings because of his fake piss & pot smoking. He's easily the best LHW outside top 10 (and IMO he's better fighter nowadays than Lil Nog & Bader).

he's better than Shogun too.

Nothing against Matt but I want to see Silva win so he can move up in the division.

Strange matchup.

I wonder if Thiago will do his famous post win throat slash after beating a deaf man. I'm hoping not out of respect for someone fighting with a disability but I think Silva is a fight sociopath (not necessarily a bad thing, makes one more aggressive and violent with less empathy towards his opponent) and will slice away once he wins via TKO.

I think Hammil's wrestling will come to play. Hammil via UD

Hammil is about the only fighter in the last 3 years who couldn't take down Rampage. In fact, he never came close.

Rashad is a much better wrestler than Hammil, and he did just enough TDs and LnP to secure a decision over Thiago.

Hammil's wrestling, especially at his age and after a long layoff, won't be nearly enough. Thiago might even outgrapple him. Thiago tossed Vera around like he was LW. (Yes, I know Thiago got busted for a substance after that fight, but still...).

Back