Matt Brown's 3 year old boys sitting cageside, watching their dad almost kill a man

I'm sure this is something that he and his wife have talked about and thus decided that it is appropriate for their children to watch his fights. I respect that decision, although I probably wouldn't make the same one. But I'll never be in that position.

I went huntin' with my uncle as a kid and watched him mercilessly kill animals. I was disturbed but I learned to respect the graceful beast as only he did. The people at home considered these animals as just meat, he considered them as friends and compassions.
Ever since, I have dedicated my life to protecting wildlife.

this is an amazing post lol...
I respect you as a compassion too lol.

Im a parent. I wouldn't want my daughter to see that

I saw tons of violent sports as a kid. Never bothers me

I agree.
Small children should not be exposed to fights like Bigfoot - Cain or any Diego Sanchez fight.

we also wanna avoid showing them fighters like GSP so they dont go around humping other children on the playground

I went huntin' with my uncle as a kid and watched him mercilessly kill animals. I was disturbed but I learned to respect the graceful beast as only he did. The people at home considered these animals as just meat, he considered them as friends and compassions.
Ever since, I have dedicated my life to protecting wildlife.
Heh, this gave me a chuckle somehow, because I don't know if you're trolling with that last comment or not. If not, what kind of things do you exactly?

Part of me agrees.

The other part says it is a sport, and rather then hide the ugly part of the sport expose and explain it.

The boys are gonna know what daddy does and when he comes home all bruised up and the neighbours look at him funny at the grocery store they need to understand why.

Disgraceful. UFC events should be 21+ events because it's basically a bar with sanctioned fights

I agree that small children shouldn't be allowed in UFC events but 21+ would be completely ridiculous

Not to mention the fight didn't get over until after midnight, and the kids probably didn't get to bed until 1 or 2 in the morning. That's irresponsible as well

Heh, this gave me a chuckle somehow, because I don't know if you're trolling with that last comment or not. If not, what kind of things do you exactly?

lol
I breed deer and I went to college for "Hunting and protection of nature". It sounds weird, I know, that's cause there's nothing like that in America. I studied it in Europe for 3 years.

"Watching his dad almost kill a man." Sound like someone is exaggerating to prove a point. If he wants to take his kid, so what? It's not like it's gonna turn the kid into a psycho. That's like saying letting my kid play left 4 dead will turn them into some crazy gunslinger...

A mate recorded my fight on his phone, he was sitting right next to my GF, hearing the sounds she made whenever I got hit or was lsoing is something I will never forget.

I would generally advise not bringing anyone who doesn't know what it is like to be punched. Because to them everything is 1000 times worse.

Bitc#es, please. We're not even 100 years removed from young men and women continuously seeing abuse and corporal punishment administered daily. We're only about a century removed from people growing up with death and disease ravaging families and townships consistently. But we're supposed to be worried about a child being shown honestly what his father does for a living? Wherein both brutality and respect are shown in equal parts?

I'm hippy enough to worry about a child's mind, but a TV will scar that child more than the honesty of his father's sport.

Back