Masvidal knows he is the most exciting, most popular top-5 WW right now

Are you sillyyyyyy . The whole MMA world seen the 5 second knock out . World famous instantly .Which was actually 3 seconds. Only a moron will not know Masvidal them he followed that up dismantling Nate . Give me a break . Someone need to. Stand up to UFC bs payouts
Pretty easy to test actually.
Ask a friend who isnt into MMa who McGregor is. Than ask him if he knows Nate Diaz. And than aks him about Masvidal.
See the result. Masvidal isnt even that famous. He made a ruckus by knocking Askren out for a period of time. But know? His support vanished really fast. Noone believes he stands a chance against Usman anyway.

Pretty easy to test actually.
Ask a friend who isnt into MMa who McGregor is. Than ask him if he knows Nate Diaz. And than aks him about Masvidal.
See the result. Masvidal isnt even that famous. He made a ruckus by knocking Askren out for a period of time. But know? His support vanished really fast. Noone believes he stands a chance against Usman anyway.

First of all, a friend who isn't into MMA is unlikely to watch the UFC PPV anyway, so why does it matter?

If you want to use the "ask a friend" to determine a fighter's popularity, at least ask casual MMA viewers.

Secondly, Masvidal is known as the guy who KO'ed Nate Diaz, if you want to go by that metric.

Lastly and most importantly, Masvidal is known for years as the backyard fighter, along with Kimbo Slice. He's massively popular on Youtube, and his recent videos on his channel got millions of views:

Jorge-Masvidal.jpg

First of all, a friend who isn't into MMA is unlikely to watch the UFC PPV anyway, so why does it matter?

If you want to use the "ask a friend" to determine a fighter's popularity, at least ask casual MMA viewers.

Secondly, Masvidal is known as the guy who KO'ed Nate Diaz, if you want to go by that metric.

Lastly and most importantly, Masvidal is known for years as the backyard fighter, along with Kimbo Slice. He's massively popular on Youtube, and his recent videos on his channel got millions of views:

Jorge-Masvidal.jpg
Why would i want to ask a MMA fan who Masvidal is. Everybody knows anyway. Just like every MMA fan knows Gaethje or Aldo.
That isnt a sign of true popularity. If you want the big money, you need the McGregor kind of popularity. Masvidal isnt on that level even closely.

Oh yes the YouTube dick comparison.
Masvidal numbers are rather cute on that one. This is only Diaz. Feel free to look up McGregor. And than tell me again that Mas is a big star that transcends the MMA fan bubble. Becaue everybody knows how many casuals watch back yard brawls lmao.

Diaz.PNG

Why would i want to ask a MMA fan who Masvidal is.

I said casual MMA viewers, not MMA fans.

The reasons to ask casual MMA viewers are they are the majority of the people who buy PPVs.

Everybody knows anyway.

Casual viewers know Masvidal because he is popular on Youtube due to, as mentioned, his years with Kimbo Slice. Most of them don't know the other top 5 WW's right now as much as they know Masvidal, which is why Masvidal has the advantage.

Just like every MMA fan knows Gaethje or Aldo.

Those are dedicated fans, like you and I. I was referring to casual MMA viewrs.

That isnt a sign of true popularity. If you want the big money, you need the McGregor kind of popularity. Masvidal isnt on that level even closely.

Couple of flaws with your line of reasoning:

1) No one currently in MMA is more popular than McGregor. Khabib is a very close second, because of the ass whooping that he put on McGregor.

2) Masvidal does not need to be more popular than McGregor to be worth his money at WW. Why?

Because McGregor is NOT the champ at WW nor is he fighting at WW !
Usman and other guys are, and guess what? Those guys are neither more popular nor more exciting than Masvidal.

Oh yes the YouTube dick comparison.
Masvidal numbers are rather cute on that one. This is only Diaz. Feel free to look up McGregor. And than tell me again that Mas is a big star that transcends the MMA fan bubble. Becaue everybody knows how many casuals watch back yard brawls lmao.

You can dismiss Youtube traffic all you want with your personal opinions, but the facts showed a different reality.

Youtube popularity IS the reason Kimbo Slice got to fight in the UFC.

Youtube popularity is the reason why guys like Logan Paul and KSI, both of whom have 0-0 fighting records, made £40 million to £30 million each, fighting each other.

You can dismiss Youtube traffic all you want with your personal opinions, but the facts showed a different reality.

Youtube popularity IS the reason Kimbo Slice got to fight in the UFC.

Youtube popularity is the reason why guys like Logan Paul and KSI, both of whom have 0-0 fighting records, made £40 million to £30 million each, fighting each other.

im just reacting to this one, because its by far the biggest bs. Are you really comaparing Masvidal to Logan Paul ??? Wtf I just showed you with the screenshot that Mas doenst even have the same Youtube traffick than Diaz. Wtf are ypu talking about?
these are whole different leven of popularity.

You fell for the same illusion that Masvidal and his manager fell for. He is a bigger name than most UFC contenders. Yes! without a doubt. But he isnt THAT popular. He isnt transcending the sport, he isnt breaking records, he isnt selling like crazy. And above all he isnt greatly successful. Never champ, propably never will be. The only other fighter make big money without being a champ or a star prior to the UFC was Nate Diaz. And that was mainly due to upsetting Conor. Masvidal doesnt have that. He beat Nate in a somewhat controversial stopping (not in my mind but Diaz fanbys complained) and the whole BMF belt thing didnt get the big attention outside the wider MMA bubble, that some might have expected.

Back