Masvidal knows he is the most exciting, most popular top-5 WW right now

Did he fuck up? How much was he gonna make against Usman for the title? Is it more than a Conor fight? Diaz II?

maybe a lower show pay is better against an over-the-hill opponent. cause he's not getting that win bonus against Usman.

True MMA fans know him long enough to know that he is exciting, but also a journeyman.

Any MMA fans who said a top 3 WW is a journeyman is uninformed at best (and an idiot at worst), and here is why:

Masvidal had a competitive fight and KO'ed the former WW title challenger, as well as top ranked MW, Darren Till.

If a "journeyman" KO'ed a former title challenger and a current top MW, does that mean the WW title and the entire MW division is a joke?

As far as I see it, anyone who calls Masvidal a "journeyman" is one or more of these:

A) a troll
B) an idiot
C) a UFC shill, whose job is to devalue Masvidal

Masvidal did not finish Diaz the judges did. Also he'd lose to anyone in the top 5 and even a lot of people outside of it. Also Woodley didn't lose a step he's just fighting well rounded fighters

Any MMA fans who said a top 3 WW is a journeyman is uninformed at best (and an idiot at worst), and here is why:

Masvidal had a competitive fight and KO'ed the former WW title challenger, as well as top ranked MW, Darren Till.

If a "journeyman" KO'ed a former title challenger and a current top MW, does that mean the WW title and the entire MW division is a joke?

As far as I see it, anyone who calls Masvidal a "journeyman" is one or more of these:

A) a troll
B) an idiot
Till got obliterated in his title fight and could be on a 4 fight losing streak. KOing him isn't the same as dominating Cryron or beating an elite fighter. Jorge is a journeyman

The aura is fading fast though. We live in a "what have you done for me latetly" hyper-culture that can wash people out quickly. Mas overplayed his hand here.

You hit it on the nail. He should have been the one fighting for the title against Kamaru. He may actually end up never winning a world title after this. Many fighters out there who lost their opportunity and never got it again through either injury of Dana pushing some other favourite scroat through.
yes. he ducked. he tried to start and altercation with usman, usman proceeds to walk up and ask him to do something, at this point masvidal understands usman is not naive like edwards, he's a different kind of person. fight wise, the style match up is terrible. dos anjos, woodley have landed huge flying knees up the middle, not gonna work masvidal like it did with ben. masvidal also doesnt box as well as usman in some areas, the jab, body shots, straight counters. this would drain ones confidence, a wrestler who has caught up and shown a better jab which is one of the most important punches? yeah. the wrestling isnt close, the size difference is big, i'd be suprised if masvidal took the fight. he did have wrestlers in training camp but for all i know that could be just for practice as jorge says he "loves wrestling". he had no intention on taking the fight, meanwhile killer burns gave himself the opportunity. usman vs burns is going to be fire.

Coco vs Oos for the real belt > Mas vs Nate for the BMF title.

And Luque and Neal are far more exciting fighters than him.

I'd prefer he didn't sit out, but the show will go on no problem without him.

True MMA fans know him long enough to know that he is exciting, but also a journeyman.
Casuals dont know him enough, to care about his antics. He overestimimated his popularity imo. Most of the attention came through Diaz and Askren in his last fights and He wasnt able to fully get that attention transitioned over.

And if he doesnt fight at all, he will soon realise that most people wont give a shit about him anymore.
Are you sillyyyyyy . The whole MMA world seen the 5 second knock out . World famous instantly .Which was actually 3 seconds. Only a moron will not know Masvidal them he followed that up dismantling Nate . Give me a break . Someone need to. Stand up to UFC bs payouts

Last edited:
Till got obliterated in his title fight

He did better than Robby Lawler against Woodley.

and could be on a 4 fight losing streak.

He's a current top 5 middle weight with wins over top opponents such as Gastellum and Thompson.

KOing him isn't the same as dominating Cryron or beating an elite fighter. Jorge is a journeyman

Looking at your posts and your join date, it's safe to say you're

A, B, and C.

Last edited:
Masvidal also knows he can't beat any of the top WW's in the roster

Masvidal isn't a big enough star to make the UFC do whatever he wants. Conor, Brock, and a couple others were, but not Jorge. He may sit for a long time if he's waiting for another payday like he got for Nate Diaz. Honor your contract that YOU JUST SIGNED, and stop bitchin! :D
Except no one made the promotion do anything. McGregor did a lot of media and blew up as a star and earned his pay and privileges in that way, and he was still cut from a fight for not showing up to the presser.

But your sentiment is correct. He has a $4M contract (plus bonuses, sponsorship, and PPV points). He did well to max out his current potential. In fact he's now making more per fight than Lesnar did in any of his fights save for his last. And four of those were title fights.

And more than McGregor made in his first five.
And the same as McGregor's title fights against Mendes and Aldo.

If that puts it into perspective.

A) a troll
B) an idiot
Lol

unfortunately for Mas he is the least talented of the fighters you mentioned. He is in a spot where he needs to be very picky on who he fights next, he doesn't have enough hype to keep him on his current elevated pedestal if he loses. Next loss = game over for gamebred.

As a Masvidal fan, I can't wait for that Usman v Burns fight... I'm more pumped up for that over any other upcoming match

Burns is going to beat the dog shit out of Usman, mark my words.

A) a troll
B) an idiot
Lol Bro. Keep your calm.
Being a journeyman doesnt mean you cant reach the top 5 of a division on a good run. But

A) a troll
B) an idiot
Lol Bro. Keep your calm.
Being a journeyman doesnt mean you cant be top 5 in a division on a good run. Masvidal hasnt showed anything in particular that makes him look like a title challenger. The closest thing is the Till fight maybe, which you did resort to. Did the Askren or Diaz wins didnt matter to you?
Exactly he didnt even make a step forward in those fights competetively.
In which world is Masvidal even top 3 WW? In the UFC rankings? lmao at using UFC rankings as an argument but calling other people UFC shill.
Just accept the fact that Masvidal greatly overestimated his worth and you did so with him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back