Masvidal getting another TS after getting manhandled for 5 rounds is crazy

Beating Tyron doesn't mean you deserve a TS
2e5f87d6-gilbert-vs.-usman.jpg

Gets a Title Shot
Gets dominated for 5 rounds
Gets a Title Shot again right away

what

I don't care if Usman is the one calling for it, if the bald goof had any integrity he wouldn't be allowing this, it sets a terrible precedent when Champions cherry pick opponents they handily defeated before without working their way back up.

inb4 "But Masvidal didn't train for it last time"
He might have not had a full camp, but he was training for it way before these "6 days", even Dana said in the post fight conference that Masvidal flew in wrestlers and was training all this time, he said there won't be an immediate rematch because Mas was fully prepared and yet still lost

TL;DR: Colby is the one who should be fighting for the title
Gets a title shot Gets stopped in round 5 Gets jaw broken Gets another title shot?
What?

Masvidal clearly won the 1st round but yeah he shouldnt be getting a rematch for that

Yes it would be crazy. But the UFC has given out tons of crazy title shots. This is nothing new.

Meh..I'd watch it again. The only fights I'd rather see is Usman vs Colby again or Thompson.

I agree with you, Masvidal needs to win a fight first against a top opponent before getting an immediate title shot again, not warranted.

i think i would rather see colby rematch than this one. or even wonderboy match. lol. but it is what it is.

I would agree the vast majority of the time but saving the fight/card on a weeks notice, I feel deserves to be rewarded...
that's why it's not the worst auto rematch ever, Mas had 6 days notice didn't have a real camp, not excited for the fight, but I feel like the UFC is just doing Mas and Usman a favor, I feel like Usman vs Colby 2 would sell more

Masvidal clearly won the 1st round but yeah he shouldnt be getting a rematch for that
I think that given the extremely short covid-camp, him winning rd1 is why they're giving it a second shot.
If he wins it sets up an ENORMOUS trilogy fight.

yeah
I've been away so I'm kinda shocked the ufc think he is a draw

well 500k is better than 150k to be fair

Gets a Title Shot
Gets dominated for 5 rounds
Gets a Title Shot again right away

what

I don't care if Usman is the one calling for it, if the bald goof had any integrity he wouldn't be allowing this, it sets a terrible precedent when Champions cherry pick opponents they handily defeated before without working their way back up.

inb4 "But Masvidal didn't train for it last time"
He might have not had a full camp, but he was training for it way before these "6 days", even Dana said in the post fight conference that Masvidal flew in wrestlers and was training all this time, he said there won't be an immediate rematch because Mas was fully prepared and yet still lost

TL;DR: Colby is the one who should be fighting for the title
Masvidal is a gate keeper. Only people who believe the bald goof think differently.

He took the fight on short notice to save the card. I have zero issue with him getting a full camp shot. They should always do that for guys.

Usman is also to blame considering he called for this rematch to happen, not like the UFC pushed for it by themselves

GOATmaev will never call out journeymen when he's champ in 2021

Covid shattered his jaw, ifs over

That was disgusting.
Situations aren't remotely similar. If you wanna say Frankie didn't earn the shot fine, but he was stepping in for an injured title challenger and coming off a title fight he got robbed in and won.

He took the fight on short notice to save the card. I have zero issue with him getting a full camp shot. They should always do that for guys.
yeah they fucked Mendes hard to push Conor

Back