Masvidal getting another TS after getting manhandled for 5 rounds is crazy

Situations aren't remotely similar. If you wanna say Frankie didn't earn the shot fine, but he was stepping in for an injured title challenger and coming off a title fight he got robbed in and won.
no excuses.

was disgusting no matter what the situation was.

Almost as bad as Cheal getting a title shot vs Jones after getting clapped by Anderson lol
You seem to forget that Chael gave Anderson and Jones their titles because he’s generous

resizer

Gets a Title Shot
Gets dominated for 5 rounds
Gets a Title Shot again right away

what

I don't care if Usman is the one calling for it, if the bald goof had any integrity he wouldn't be allowing this, it sets a terrible precedent when Champions cherry pick opponents they handily defeated before without working their way back up.

inb4 "But Masvidal didn't train for it last time"
He might have not had a full camp, but he was training for it way before these "6 days", even Dana said in the post fight conference that Masvidal flew in wrestlers and was training all this time, he said there won't be an immediate rematch because Mas was fully prepared and yet still lost

TL;DR: Colby is the one who should be fighting for the title

Yeah Masvidal is part of the diva crew with Diaz and Conor. These guys are getting way more opportunities than their merit warrants.

no excuses.

was disgusting no matter what the situation was.
Who would you have had step in instead of Frankie then? I can think of more than one person who could step in instead of Masvidal. There's shades to bullshit with titleshots.

Gets a Title Shot
Gets dominated for 5 rounds
Gets a Title Shot again right away

what

I don't care if Usman is the one calling for it, if the bald goof had any integrity he wouldn't be allowing this, it sets a terrible precedent when Champions cherry pick opponents they handily defeated before without working their way back up.

inb4 "But Masvidal didn't train for it last time"
He might have not had a full camp, but he was training for it way before these "6 days", even Dana said in the post fight conference that Masvidal flew in wrestlers and was training all this time, he said there won't be an immediate rematch because Mas was fully prepared and yet still lost

TL;DR: Colby is the one who should be fighting for the title
if Masvidal somehow pulls this win out of his ass it'll be the biggest farce in history.

This rematch sells 700 k, first fight sucked nobody’s trying to see that again.

I’m sure either of them can end up getting the shot, right now they are posturing and maybe negotiating.

This fight will be great for two reasons:
  1. Usman will want to beat the shit out of Mas after everybody memed on him for the last fight (foot stomps etc.)
  2. If Mas somehow knocks him out he becomes the next Bisping + a new level of superstar

Who would you have had step in instead of Frankie then? I can think of more than one person who could step in instead of Masvidal. There's shades to bullshit with titleshots.
So just because Frankie was upset he lost two fights fairly to benson he should go down to fw with no fights under his belt and face aldo? Any top 10 with a single win should have been considered before Frankie, and considering aldo cheated so badly in the first mendes fight that happened just before mendes should have got a rematch.

I can’t believe he’s being rewarded for ducking everyone

I agree with most of what you said, but shit I say you can almost make as much of a case for Wonderboy getting a title shot over Colby. He has a win over Masvidal and his back to back dominant wins over Luque and Neal are almost more impressive than handing a shot Woodley his 3rd L in a row. Especially when you were TKO’d in a title fight before said win. Plus WB is a fresh matchup with some new challenges for Usman. Highly doubt it goes that way though.

So just because Frankie was upset he lost two fights fairly to benson he should go down to fw with no fights under his belt and face aldo? Any top 10 with a single win should have been considered before Frankie, and considering aldo cheated so badly in the first mendes fight that happened just before mendes should have got a rematch.
Doubtful Mendes could have made the turnaround seeing as he fought in December, and again, Frankie was effectively coming off a win.

Back