Masvidal getting another TS after getting manhandled for 5 rounds is crazy

6 day mas who got footstomped for 5 rnds is not being manhandled

Gets a Title Shot
Gets dominated for 5 rounds
Gets a Title Shot again right away

what

I don't care if Usman is the one calling for it, if the bald goof had any integrity he wouldn't be allowing this, it sets a terrible precedent when Champions cherry pick opponents they handily defeated before without working their way back up.

inb4 "But Masvidal didn't train for it last time"
He might have not had a full camp, but he was training for it way before these "6 days", even Dana said in the post fight conference that Masvidal flew in wrestlers and was training all this time, he said there won't be an immediate rematch because Mas was fully prepared and yet still lost

TL;DR: Colby is the one who should be fighting for the title

mas wasn't dominated for 4 rounds he won the first. Masvidal did more damage in one round than Usman did over the entire rest of the fight.

The reason they are having another fight is because Usman chose to pin Mas against the wall and the fight should have been separated multiple times.
I think usman takes the rematch, gets another easy defence and this time actually puts on a decent performance. he wants this fight because he knows he can win and will actually be more exciting this time to make up for their last fight.

It's a money fight and it's a reward for Masvidal saving that card at the last minute. Fuck it, why not. It'll clear the way for Colby if Mas loses.
Why Colby? Wonderboy should get it over Colby. The whole reason Wonderboy got put in contender limbo was because Tyron is he champ but that's no longer the case and he has beaten Luque, who was on a six fight winning streak, and Neal, who was on a five fight winning streak.

Gets a Title Shot

what

I don't care if Usman is the one calling for it, if the bald goof had any integrity he wouldn't be allowing this, it sets a terrible precedent when Champions cherry pick opponents they handily defeated before without working their way back up.

He might have not had a full camp, but he was training for it way before these "6 days", even Dana said in the post fight conference that Masvidal flew in wrestlers and was training all this time, he said there won't be an immediate rematch because Mas was fully prepared and yet still lost

Training is different than being in fight camp. Masvidal said himself he didnt have his legs under him for a marathon. That played into his aggresiveness early, and inability to.move like he needs to.

Also lol at him being manhandled, that shows your ignorance. Usman knows Masvidals a tough fight and he knowd he didnt dominate him. He stalled for long portions, thats why immediately afterwards he was so harsh on his performance. You see the video with him almost crying with Wittman after? That shows the competitor he is but also he knows it was a lackluster performance.

So thankfully its not up to ignorant fans like ts. Masvidal and Colby are tough as fights for Usman.

Gets a Title Shot

what

Masvidal-Broke Usmans nose on 6 days notice

Colby - full camp, got his jaw smashed to bits from a Usman jab

Why Colby? Wonderboy should get it over Colby. The whole reason Wonderboy got put in contender limbo was because Tyron is he champ but that's no longer the case and he has beaten Luque, who was on a six fight winning streak, and Neal, who was on a five fight winning streak.

Again, another money fight. I'm good with either Colby or Mas. I'm not opposed to WB either. I can just see the logic behind all three really and am not opposed to the Masvidal matchup.

Blame Dana, usman, usmans management for these shitty matches. Today’s ufc is a merit less bastardized show.

No one would fly across the globe to risk a title shot on 6 days notice if they dont get another fair crack.
Most people on here are deluded, to the point where they think usman was at the bigger disadvantage, usman had a whole training camp revolving around fighting in that part of the world and peaking in performance that week.
Training and training to fight on a specific day are two very different things.

Masvidal was on a win streak, two of them being in the top 5 he was next in line away but he decided to save the card, and the morons on here claiming he already got a titleshot.

meanwhile people claim Edwards who has ZERO top 5 wins in his whole win streak deserves a title shot over masvidal lol, Edwards ud”d the corpse of cerrone, meanwhile masvidal kod him twice in one fight

He beat someone at least, and his fight with Usman was waaay closer.

Masvidal had no answer to Usman whatsoever...
It really wasn't, Colby got finished, usman wanted no part of masvidal standing and stalled him out on the fence. Just because Colby scored more...

If I remember in the fight usman was scarred as hell to actually strike with Mas and always went for the takedown or foot stomp him to oblivion

Usman got rocked BAD in Burns fight

Mas landed some good shots
Mas can definitely knock Usman out

Again, another money fight. I'm good with either Colby or Mas. I'm not opposed to WB either. I can just see the logic behind all three really and am not opposed to the Masvidal matchup.
I think pople overestimate hwo much of a money fight Colby is, he doesn't seem to be that much of a draw despite his silly MAGA shtick.

Wonderboy is a fresh match up and is highly respected in the sport, it might not be a money fight but it'd be hype for the hardcore and regular fans of the sport.

It really wasn't, Colby got finished, usman wanted no part of masvidal standing and stalled him out on the fence. Just because Colby scored more...
Masvidal spent the vast majority of the fight being controlled.
Colby pieced up Usman until the last minute "finish", which let's be real, looked like an early stoppage. Colby was up protesting instantly.

Colby pieced up Usman until the last minute "finish", which let's be real, looked like an early stoppage. Colby was up protesting instantly.
Colby was done, not flatted out or unconscious but done, he wasn't being piercing up Usman, was a relatively close fight with some advantage for Usman until the 5th.

Colby got the shit punched out of him, he might of been landing but there wasn't much in the way of effect from his shots.

Gets a Title Shot

what

Colby just got his jaw broken and finished by usman. I haven’t seen anything that makes me think he’s improved, meanwhile usmans striking is definitely better than the first time they fought. Wonderboy, chim, and edwards are the only guys they should be looking to matchup with usman. I don’t get why Colby fans are eager to see that rematch took. BEST case scenario Colby wins a very close decision. Usman does exactly what Colby does but with better striking and more strength. Colby needs to beat edwards wonderboy or burns before he fights for that title.

The bald goof has no integrity and never did.

Mas is one of their biggest draws and they need to run this fight back before they risk Mas losing to someone else.

It's dumb but its an easy decision from a business perspective.

Good point.

Masvidal is a prime example of a fighter where his perception as a top fighter is based on his popularity more so than ability. He can draw so he gets big fights and fans assume he's that good. I mean he is good, but he can lose to any top 10 WW on a given night.

Those who know Jorge well know that he's still the same guy who lost to Wonderboy and Maia who had a few circumstances go his way.

And I don't mean that in a critical way, I like Jorge very much.

Almost as bad as Cheal getting a title shot vs Jones after getting clapped by Anderson lol
Not bas bad as GSP getting a gifted title in another weight class vs a old retired one eyed man ;)

Back