• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crime Mass Shooting in Texas Church.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I blame the person, not the gun.

You can kill a bunch of people with truck.

America has a morality problem.

And only Jesus Christ can heal it.
yeah but if you were an atheist and didn't go to church on sunday you wouldn't be an easy target for all these church killing so.. there's that..

I wonder if there's any significance to it being the 5th of November (Bonfire Night in the UK, which is the anniversary of a failed Catholic plot to kill the Protestant King and Government).. probably not, but just throwing it out there,

all i can do is use this as a reminder to be a better person to the people around me...

to politicize this and search for a legal solution is negotiating with terrorists. and its fuel for the fire.
you are doing it wrong,
first its "thoughts and prayers"
then its "its not the gun its"
then its "trucks hammers and swimming pools"
then its "now its not the time"
then its "he was clearly mentally ill"
only then can you talk about coloured people and terrorism

Last edited:
I had little reaction to Orlando, almost no reaction to Vegas, and I feel nothing for this one, aside from the normal surface feelings of hearing bad news. It's not hitting me hard at all. That's really concerning, when these become so normal. I don't like it- I should be upset. I would guess a lot of people feel like that. I also don't care who did it or why.

In before sarcasms from Atheist people. Oh wait..
sadly churches are easy targets for bad people... large groups of people on the same day every week around the same time every week.. its a very soft target sadly.. PS im not an atheist im agnostic

I had little reaction to Orlando, almost no reaction to Vegas, and I feel nothing for this one, aside from the normal surface feelings of hearing bad news. It's not hitting me hard at all. That's really concerning, when these become so normal. I don't like it- I should be upset. I would guess a lot of people feel like that. I also don't care who did it or why.
900 people have died by gun since vegas, its no surprise people are desensitized

I wonder if there's any significance to it being the 5th of November (Bonfire Night in the UK, which is the anniversary of a failed Catholic plot to kill the Protestant King and Government).. probably not, but just throwing it out there,

It's also the anniversary of the Fort Hood shooting IIRC.

yeah desensitization is rough ..try to keep it in check because it can change your emotions etc .. cops firemen military etc have to deal with this type of thing and trust me its not healthy

I blame the person, not the gun.

You can kill a bunch of people with truck.

America has a morality problem.

And only Jesus Christ can heal it.
Jesus only helps those who help themselves right?You refuse gun control, you refuse to help yourself with climate change too. You want Jesus to solve all the problems

Also, since being Texas, I wonder if anyone got to return fire on this evil man? I know I went from usually carrying at church to carrying ever single Sunday or even just Thursday night Bible study in the past year with news like this happening more often

It sucks, but I don't know of any other way to do anything to provide some form of protection/defense from these crazies or idealistic attacks that are increasing. Not just against Christians, but that's where I'm the most at risk of a public, soft target, shooting like this

I carry in church also. My church has been broken in to and vandalized recently, like two years ago. Thieves have even stolen a TV and several other items, which led to us installing cameras outside the church. Makes me wonder whats next. The town I live in is small also.

Jesus only helps those who help themselves right?You refuse gun control, you refuse to help yourself with climate change too. You want Jesus to solve all the problems
The bad guys won't give up their guns.

Nothing bad ass about me at all. But you should probably open up your eyes.

On that, at least, we agree.

There's a place for gallows humour. Making racial slurs before the bodies are even cold is just cheap. It brings nothing to the Thread, which is why I told him to wind his neck in.

relgion
politics
wife fucked the pastor
husband had an affair with lady who sits on row 3

whatever the reason

going in and starting a shooting spree
you're a terrorist

sorry but you wrong on this one. You need to read up on the distinctive meaning of the word "terrorist" in this context.

The bad guys won't give up their guns.
But you can make it harder for them to get it. You can’t stop immoral people from being thieves and rob banks but you can make it more difficult with security

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back