• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mass Effect Andromeda, v2: In a Galaxy far far away..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Witcher 3 is one of the most overrated games I have ever played. Got bored of it like 2 hours in.

Installing Andromeda now! Can't wait to dive in tonight!!

I think W3 is a great game, but it does get pretty overrated. Like I brought up before, the "open world" is pretty much a big map and theres not a lot of geographical logic to it. And the combat is mediocre.

But I think what sets it apart from Andromeda and Bethesda releases is by simplifying things a bit, theyve made the overall presentation much more polished. Everything they did works really well, save for the combat but those problems are mechanical. So even though the "Secret Cave" might be about 50 feet away from a well traveled road, by minimizing the expanse theyve essentially made everything smoother, if that makes sense.

In essence they didn't "Go Huge", they sort of minimized and refined key aspects of it. So you lose the same sense of scale and spectacle and it feels more "Game-y", but the trade off is a much more polished experience that doesn't break the immersion.

Theyve made like 15 games. Because you didn't like 2 of them, you still want to complain about it years later? Jesus, cry much?

DA 2 was "OK". Nothing special and the reviews reflected that for the most part.

I hope the fucking pay you to shill on the subforum.

You're reasoning is childish, because someone doesn't like the company after the direction their games started to take, they're a sheep - at least according to you. That's asinine. I haven't even said a single bad thing about their newest installment because I haven't played it yet; I was just in here to hear the general consensus which is being drowned out by the slurping sounds you're making.

I'm not liking how short and simplified the planet descriptions are when you are scanning. The older games used to have such long ones with really interesting information, seems really basic so far.

You're reasoning is childish, because someone doesn't like the company after the direction their games started to take, they're a sheep - at least according to you. That's asinine. I haven't even said a single bad thing about their newest installment because I haven't played it yet; I was just in here to hear the general consensus which is being drowned out by the slurping sounds you're making.

I don't think you're even listening to what I'm saying. I've given as many criticisms for the game as compliments, if not more. The "general consensus" is the game is good, but not great and has notable flaws with average critical scores in the 7.5 range. Unless by "general consensus" you mean random people complaining on forums and anonymous user reviews.

Shit, even the "general consensus" in this thread we're posting in is that the game is good, but not great. Google "Confirmation bias" real quick.

Last edited:
I'm not liking how short and simplified the planet descriptions are when you are scanning. The older games used to have such long ones with really interesting information, seems really basic so far.

Agreed.

I miss the narrated Codex. I loved taking a smoke/drink break and having it read to me.

Agreed.

I miss the narrated Codex. I loved taking a smoke/drink break and having it read to me.
Yup, and so far its just very basic descriptions, used to have really interesting facts like about how the planet was colonized, its population, or it might say it was colonized a long time ago but they died off etc. Idk they used to be pretty fascinating to read pretty bland so far but I'm still early on.

Fuuuuuckkk I want to go home early and play. Probably gonna be playing on PC when I get home because not sure what time my PS4 copy will get here then gotta install it. I'm thinking about sneaking out of the office early and work from home while I play

I don't think you're even listening to what I'm saying. I've given as many criticisms for the game as compliments, if not more. The "general consensus" is the game is good, but not great and has notable flaws with average critical scores in the 7.5 range. Unless by "general consensus" you mean random people complaining on forums and anonymous user reviews.

Shit, even the "general consensus" in this thread we're posting in is that the game is good, but not great. Google "Confirmation bias" real quick.

Okay. There was obviously a breakdown in communication here.

All I ever said was that I didn't like BioWare anymore because of the direction their games were taking, and you took to calling me a sheep, so I'm saying you're a shill with that mindset - that's it.

I'm not in here looking for people to shit on the game, and I never implied that. You're giving off this odd victim complex that I came here looking to fight with anyone saying that a game, that I haven't even played, is good.

Just becuase "I don't like them anymore", doesn't mean that they can't win me make with a decent installment. Geesh.

"You're" grammar fucking sucks and makes it incredibly hard to read your shit posts.

Witcher 3 is one of the most overrated games I have ever played. Got bored of it like 2 hours in.

Installing Andromeda now! Can't wait to dive in tonight!!
I enjoyed it for the hour or so I played but got extremely pissed when the game went to a loading screen and then my controller started vibrating and I could hear Geralt getting hit by swords and then when the loading screen was gone I had a big old "quest failed" thing across it. Uninstalled it right then, annoyed the shit out of me.

I don't mind failing a quest, but give me a chance to complete it, don't fucking give me a quest fail for a goddamn loading screen bug bullshit.

I agree bro. Shit had like 2 noteworthy quests

Original Witcher still the best IMO

Just learned holding back holsters your weapon which is nice

One minor annoyance is when you exit the Nomad you just awkwardly pop out without an animation.

Yup, and so far its just very basic descriptions, used to have really interesting facts like about how the planet was colonized, its population, or it might say it was colonized a long time ago but they died off etc. Idk they used to be pretty fascinating to read pretty bland so far but I'm still early on.

How would they have very detailed information on planets and their colonies when theyve never been explored before?

How would they have very detailed information on planets and their colonies when theyve never been explored before?
Good question, doesn't make it less boring and basically pointless to even read the descriptions now.

"You're" grammar fucking sucks and makes it incredibly hard to read your shit posts.

I enjoyed it for the hour or so I played but got extremely pissed when the game went to a loading screen and then my controller started vibrating and I could hear Geralt getting hit by swords and then when the loading screen was gone I had a big old "quest failed" thing across it. Uninstalled it right then, annoyed the shit out of me.

I don't mind failing a quest, but give me a chance to complete it, don't fucking give me a quest fail for a goddamn loading screen bug bullshit.

Lol so you quit a game because of one glitch but are now defending another game developers whose games are notoriously glitchy.

Good lord theres a lot of emotional fangirlism going on in this thread.

But omg Witcher 3 is overrated but omg Mass Effect is overrated. Fuck you i love Skyrim. Its fucking hilarious how up in your feels some of you are

Someone posted this leaked game play comparison on the MA forums it looks so much better then what came out

http://bsn.boards.net/thread/5653/clearly-happened-caused-facial-animations

Like I said earlier, I think a lot of it is the brighter light. It's like in movies they tend to want to show practical effects in shadow rather than harsh bright light. When I first ran into the Turian in the nexus he looked fine when the electricity was off. Once all the lights were on and Im talking to him in the office his face gets a rough, chalky look to it.

Rage quit on the Missing Scientists mission due to the cover system. Had the enemy down to 10% health, got stuck on a box and destroyed by one of its attacks.

The inability to order my squad to fire upon the weak spots didn't help either.

Last edited:
Lol so you quit a game because of one glitch but are now defending another game developers whose games are notoriously glitchy.

Good lord theres a lot of emotional fangirlism going on in this thread.

But omg Witcher 3 is overrated but omg Mass Effect is overrated. Fuck you i love Skyrim. Its fucking hilarious how up in your feels some of you are
Show me where I am "fangirling" defending Mass Effect. I've pissed on Andromeda pretty well in most of my posts in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back