Marvin Vettori on why Robert Whittaker shouldn't get the title shot

Tough one, robs clearly proven his worth with a far superior career and resume but if we go solely off of performances against adesanya then there is really no competition.
If Rob beats gastelum too
Cannonier, till , gastelum is better than marvins whole career
Whittaker fought a much better version as well

After what Adesanya did to Rob I have zero interest in a rematch, Vettori is far more interestng challengue for Adesanya but at the same time I would not mind Vettori beating a top 5 guy like Rob, Costa or Canon to solidify his TS
Yeah but Vettori isn’t beating those guys ....

Whittaker deserves a rematch a hell of a lot more than Vettori does.
Can’t believe this is even a debate .....More like Izzy haters thinking Vettori is a tougher style matchup then Vettori actually be deserving imo

never heard of this vetori guy
must have joined in 2020

The top guy he was supposed to fight injured himself . Vettori took what was available to him on ten days notice. In a post fight interview said he believes Whittaker is the other guy elegible for the title shot if he beats Gastelum.
Anyway why is Till with a 1/1 record at MW ranked #5?
Till shouldn’t be ranked that high ....he’s ranked that high because of where he’s from imo

Jack in the first round outlanded him 2:1 in sig strikes, total strikes, had 1 td and most of the control time albeit it was only about a minute.

Also 2/3 judges had jack winning the round. nice try though
He was winning until he got knocked out doesn’t carry a lot of weight around here ....you’ll learn

Are you drunk? You’re usually a fairly intelligent poster lol
Been awake a long time.

giphy.gif

Hey weren't you that guy that was 100% confident that Vettori would get embarassed? Seems like you have a preconceived notion of talking down everything Vettori says or does. Loser.<CanYouSeeMeNow>
No I said Vettori sucks and he didn’t show me anything to change my mind ....I fully expected him to beat no camp Holland , Till would’ve embarrassed him ....nice try though.......

Vettori beat Hermansson and Holland who had just failed the Derek Brunson test.

Whittaker beat Till who is higher ranked than Holland, Cannonier in a title eliminator (not to mention Cannonier obliterated Hermansson who is by far Vettori's best win), and if he beats Gastelum on top of that then there's no way he should be denied a title shot.
To be fair, that Till win was a toss up. In fact, till caused more damage.

Style-wise these two should duke it out for the shot and it'd make a lot of sense.

Vettori should shut up and beat a top guy .... he’s trying to skip the line because he isn’t confident.....that’s why he acts like a 10 year old bully

He has, Hermansson. Though I do think Whittaker should be getting a title shot first Vettori is right behind him.

He has, Hermansson.
So why didn’t Cannonier get a title shot when he destroyed him ? But Vettori wins a boring decision and qualifies him for a title shot .....Makes no sense and Hermansson is a good win , but he isn’t a top guy

I....I'm having trouble following his logic.
Robert's chance to fight Adesanya was after the Cannonier fight? OK, but now that in addition to Cannonier, Whitaker has beaten Till and is scheduled to fight Gastelum....he is now behind Vettori?????
He had the nerve to turn down a title shot when he was having a baby thereby pissing Dana off.

He has, Hermansson. Though I do think Whittaker should be getting a title shot first Vettori is right behind him.
I consider Hermansson a good win , but one tier below the the top guys .....Whittaker definitely deserves the shot

Whittaker vs Vettori would be a good fight, winner gets the title shot.

Back