• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies Marvel Studios in Crisis - A Variety Article

When I'm bored I sometimes watch that scene on Youtube. It is such a bad ass scene. He stabs the Nazi then slowly drinks his beer while the music is playing. That scene alone moved Magneto to my top five in the Marvel universe.

Fassbender was excellent in that role.

Apparently The Marvels presales are trending below The Flash. Yikes. I do still want to see it. Haven’t been to a theater since Oppenheimer and I think it looks entertaining. That actress who played Kamala carried that show. The talk of all those reshoots definitely seems like a red flag though.

you need a google search to articulate where your opinion on a flick comes from because you can’t on your own? And I’m slow? Lol

I've already stated before that I couldn't be bothered typing it out, short bus kid... and yes, you are slow.

I guess expecting anything resembling basic literacy and reading comprehension from you is a bit of a stretch at this point.

I've already stated before that I couldn't be bothered typing it out, short bus kid... and yes, you are slow.

I guess expecting anything resembling basic literacy and reading comprehension from you is a bit of a stretch at this point.

you’ve typed out an essay’s worth of deflections yet can’t be bothered to type out an example of your claim? Clearly typing isn’t what you’re struggling with. It’s the thinking of an example part that’s got you stumped.

you’ve typed out an essay’s worth of deflections yet can’t be bothered to type out an example of your claim? Clearly typing isn’t what you’re struggling with. It’s the thinking of an example part that’s got you stumped.

Zero deflections, I even told you where to find the information you were asking about, you just seem too slow to be able to figure out how to use search engines. You're spending far more time and effort attempting to remain ignorant than it would take to find and read the information.

I'm done with you, shortbus. I already said I wasn't going to hold your hand here, either read one of the DOZENS of people that have already covered this or watch one of the countless videos... or don't, I really don't care.

Zero deflections, I even told you where to find the information you were asking about, you just seem too slow to be able to figure out how to use search engines. You're spending far more time and effort attempting to remain ignorant than it would take to find and read the information.

I'm done with you, shortbus. I already said I wasn't going to hold your hand here, either read one of the DOZENS of people that have already covered this or watch one of the countless videos... or don't, I really don't care.

You said your bitchy opinion of a movie you haven’t even seen is based on the prior flick being full of woke political garbage then when asked for a single example you dick-tucked and started screeching about needing a search engine because you can’t articulate your own thoughts. Bitch move lol.

You said your bitchy opinion of a movie you haven’t even seen is based on the prior flick being full of woke political garbage then when asked for a single example you dick-tucked and started screeching about needing a search engine because you can’t articulate your own thoughts. Bitch move lol.

I gave you the literal search string that returns DOZENS of results with the information you were after shortbus. If you choose not to read them then that's your own stupidity.

It shouldn't be that big a deal to replace Majors. They've done it before and they've established that multiple versions of these character exist. They just need to make sure the replacement has suitable screen presence. That's the least of their worries imo.

At that point the writers should have been fired and replaced.

This is also a terrible idea. Tony's ultimate sacrifice and hero's ending made the film work. It makes no sense to undo that.

I agree that they are making too many movies. There is real Marvel fatigue. Imo they need less movies and to focus on incorporating the X-Men instead of D league strong female characters that no one cares about.

Also the content they are making should try to be unique. Guardians of the Galaxy is different. Deadpool is different. All their TV shows feel the same. Blade definitely could be very unique if done properly but from the article sounds like they have the wrong writers for that.

I don't think they're making too many movies at all. How is 3 or 4 movies spread out in a YEAR too many?
I think people are wrongly attributing fatigue of SHITTY Marvel/super hero movies with overall fatigue of the genre as a whole. Even as an avid comic book reader and fan of the MCU, I"m tired of watching a shitty product that could EASILY be better than what it is, but that doesn't mean I'm tired of the genre itself.

Look at the timeline. There were individual good movies before 2016 (like Iron Man 1, Winter Soldier, GoTG, Avengers, etc.) but, I would say that Civil War is where things really started to kick off and come together as an actual cinematic universe.

Captain America: Civil War May 6, 2016
Doctor Strange November 4, 2016
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 May 5, 2017
Spider-Man: Homecoming July 7, 2017
Thor: Ragnarok November 3, 2017
Black Panther February 16, 2018
Avengers: Infinity War April 27, 2018
Ant-Man and the Wasp July 6, 2018
Captain Marvel March 8, 2019
Avengers: Endgame April 26, 2019
Spider-Man: Far From Home July 2, 2019

Most of these were successful movies and were clearly building towards something. There's no fatigue if you're delivering quality.

Post End Game is where it fell apart.
Phase Four[69]

Black Widow July 9, 2021
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings Eternals September 3, 2021
Eternals November 5, 2021
Spider-Man: No Way Home
December 17, 2021
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness May 6, 2022
Thor: Love and Thunder July 8, 2022
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever November 11, 2022

We got our own real life "blip" with COVID, and the first thing we got was a movie about a character that is already dead in the MCU.
To your point about uniqueness, I'd say Shang-Chi and the Eternals were pretty unique. I thought Shang Chi was really good overall, less so for Eternals.
And then we got a great Spiderman movie, followed by 3 shitty movies that should have been bigger considering the characters and storylines involved. (I actually like Wakanda, but because of Chadwick's death, it was a movie in a weird place)

And now this year.
Phase Five[86][87]
Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania
February 17, 2023 SHIT.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 May 5, 2023 Pretty damn good.

If we look at the movies now vs. post Civil War, the issue is that there is no plan or connectivity to this so-called Universe now. We got a movie about a dead character, Chinese mythology, a secret race of beings that have always been here but never bothered to help, gods of Olympus, the multiverse, teenage hero and his friends, and then Atlantis vs. Wakanda without a true Black panther......and now, skip forward to Kang The Conquerer ?
None of this feels connected, or like it's leading towards something. Shang-Chi came out in 2021...it's almost the end of 2023, so how much longer do fans have to wait to see this character again?
Marvel just throws new characters at us without building the ones they have.

Future Shit.

The Marvels November 10, 2023
Deadpool 3 May 3, 2024
Captain America: Brave New World July 26, 2024
Thunderbolts December 20, 2024
Blade February 14, 2025

There's been no real building of Captain Marvel. If she is the most powerful hero now, why isn't she in more things? Why didn't they have her do something with the Guardians? Do something in the Secret Wars series?
Deadpool will be a hit based off of its own previous success.
What has Sam as Captain America done since 2021 ? How does he fit in with Chinese magic and the multiverse? Why should anyone know or care about the Thunderbolts? And now we're going to add in a mystical/magic/monster side with Blade without solidifying any of the other characters or storylines first? There's just no organization or direction.

Last edited:
Horseshit. The original Captain Marvel movie was full of third wave feminist bullshit and you can guarantee that the sequel is no different. Also it's just a garbage character and unlikable actress. Did you see any of the interviews with her and the Avengers cast? You can tell that they can't stand her.

So where is your "superhero fatigue" argument if even at best, mediocre Spiderman movies are still making money and crap like the marvels is set to lose an absolute boatload of money?

You make shit movies full of preaching and politics that your audience isn't interested in being lectured by and you're going to lose your audience... which they did.

I think people harp too much on the supposed woke stuff. It's not like the movies are filled with speeches on the patriarchy or something. There will literally be like one or two scenes that have some kind of cringe scene that lasted all of 15 seconds in a 2 hour+ movie, and people then call the whole movie "woke"/garbage.

The problem with Captain Marvel was not about preaching or politics; it was just boring. The story was boring and the character was boring. The villain was boring.
There is definitely a problem with shitty writers, producers, and execs trying to appeal to niche segments of the audience at the expense of the larger portion, but, there is also a problem of people that just immediately label every single thing as being "woke"; or heavily exaggerate or mislabel what the real problems are.

The writing and storytelling is overall nowhere near as tight as it was in the past. The guys that did the Spiderman movies, did all of the Spiderman movies. The guys that did the Captain America, Infinity War/EndGame movies did all of those movies (Except Captain America 1). The guy that did Guardians of the Galaxy, did all of those movies. There's consistency in the story and characters because they had a story and world that they were building. Feige was also much more hands on in directing the overall MCU.
You can see how up and down Thor was, or how bad Iron Man 3 was, or the last Dr Strange movie turned out because there's a bunch of people involved with entirely different agendas and ideas.
With Captain Marvel, we have a new director for the 2nd movie...and looking at her resume, she did a crime drama called "Little Woods" and a horror movie called "Candy Man".......if this movie ends up sucking, it's going to be largely because she wasn't suited to helm a movie of this size or genre, not because of wokeness. Samuel L Jackson can make reading a children's book interesting---if he's in your movie and you can't make the movie/show interesting, that's a failure as a writer.

Last edited:
To be honest though I feel more than anything the issue is the MCU depended heavily on the Russo Bros and James Gunn, the first Ironman started well but the few years after that I felt were
more akin to the standard these days, it was only in 2014 I felt the franchise really kicked into a higher gear with films that had a bit more dramatic substance to them.

I don't think playing to comic geeks is the answer at all, thats what killed the DCEU thinking that the general public would be intersted in "moor powah!" grimdark.

When I'm bored I sometimes watch that scene on Youtube. It is such a bad ass scene. He stabs the Nazi then slowly drinks his beer while the music is playing. That scene alone moved Magneto to my top five in the Marvel universe.

I loved the way they slowly built up the tension in that scene. Eric starts of being polite and friendly, asking the two Nazis what their occupations are,

1st Nazi, "Pig farmer!"

2nd Nazi, "Tailor. Since I was a boy. My father made the finest suits in Dusseldorf".

Eric, "My parents were from Dusseldorf!"

2nd Nazi, "What was their name?"

Eric(toasts the Nazis with his beer glass)"They didn't have a name. it was taken away from them. By pig farmers. And tailors..."

The Nazis share a, WTF?! look while they and Eric drink their beers. Then Eric turns over his left forearm and we see his Auschwitz prisoner number tattoo...:eek:

Last edited:
I gave you the literal search string that returns DOZENS of results with the information you were after shortbus. If you choose not to read them then that's your own stupidity.

I asked you what you examples you saw,
not what someone else on the internet saw. Since according to you it was so obviously “filled with woke political garbage”‘ you already somehow know what the sequel’s content is without seeing it there should be a handful of examples in your head yet you choked thinking of a single example on your own. Why can’t you be a big boy and explain it with your own words?

How’s it possible you have that strong of an opinion but can’t think of a single scene on your own to support it and are asking people to google other folks reactions to explain your opinion? Because The Marvels has triggered you with its casting of diverse female leads and that was obvious when you posted about it without seeing it and the following 8 posts have you been deflecting from that by screeching about feminism, google,
and short busses.

I asked you what you examples you saw,
not what someone else on the internet saw. Since according to you it was so obviously “filled with woke political garbage”‘ you already somehow know what the sequel’s content is without seeing it there should be a handful of examples in your head yet you choked thinking of a single example on your own. Why can’t you be a big boy and explain it with your own words?

How’s it possible you have that strong of an opinion but can’t think of a single scene on your own to support it and are asking people to google other folks reactions to explain your opinion? Because The Marvels has triggered you with its casting of diverse female leads and that was obvious when you posted about it without seeing it and the following 8 posts have you been deflecting from that by screeching about feminism, google,
and short busses.
it’s hilarious how fucking obvious it is that @Contempt is literally just parroting internet echo chamber buzzwords w/o actually being able to recognize any of those things himself in these movies. the dude is clearly a lonely moron who thinks it’s cool to shit on the mcu/disney for perceived wokeness, even if he can’t articulate why he feels that way.

Sad!

I don't think they're making too many movies at all. How is 3 or 4 movies spread out in a YEAR too many?
I think people are wrongly attributing fatigue of SHITTY Marvel/super hero movies with overall fatigue of the genre as a whole. Even as an avid comic book reader and fan of the MCU, I"m tired of watching a shitty product that could EASILY be better than what it is, but that doesn't mean I'm tired of the genre itself.

Look at the timeline. There were individual good movies before 2016 (like Iron Man 1, Winter Soldier, GoTG, Avengers, etc.) but, I would say that Civil War is where things really started to kick off and come together as an actual cinematic universe.

Captain America: Civil War May 6, 2016
Doctor Strange November 4, 2016
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 May 5, 2017
Spider-Man: Homecoming July 7, 2017
Thor: Ragnarok November 3, 2017
Black Panther February 16, 2018
Avengers: Infinity War April 27, 2018
Ant-Man and the Wasp July 6, 2018
Captain Marvel March 8, 2019
Avengers: Endgame April 26, 2019
Spider-Man: Far From Home July 2, 2019

Most of these were successful movies and were clearly building towards something. There's no fatigue if you're delivering quality.

Post End Game is where it fell apart.
Phase Four[69]

Black Widow July 9, 2021
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings Eternals September 3, 2021
Eternals November 5, 2021
Spider-Man: No Way Home
December 17, 2021
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness May 6, 2022
Thor: Love and Thunder July 8, 2022
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever November 11, 2022

We got our own real life "blip" with COVID, and the first thing we got was a movie about a character that is already dead in the MCU.
To your point about uniqueness, I'd say Shang-Chi and the Eternals were pretty unique. I thought Shang Chi was really good overall, less so for Eternals.
And then we got a great Spiderman movie, followed by 3 shitty movies that should have been bigger considering the characters and storylines involved. (I actually like Wakanda, but because of Chadwick's death, it was a movie in a weird place)

And now this year.
Phase Five[86][87]
Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania
February 17, 2023 SHIT.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 May 5, 2023 Pretty damn good.

If we look at the movies now vs. post Civil War, the issue is that there is no plan or connectivity to this so-called Universe now. We got a movie about a dead character, Chinese mythology, a secret race of beings that have always been here but never bothered to help, gods of Olympus, the multiverse, teenage hero and his friends, and then Atlantis vs. Wakanda without a true Black panther......and now, skip forward to Kang The Conquerer ?
None of this feels connected, or like it's leading towards something. Shang-Chi came out in 2021...it's almost the end of 2023, so how much longer do fans have to wait to see this character again?
Marvel just throws new characters at us without building the ones they have.

Future Shit.

The Marvels November 10, 2023
Deadpool 3 May 3, 2024
Captain America: Brave New World July 26, 2024
Thunderbolts December 20, 2024
Blade February 14, 2025

There's been no real building of Captain Marvel. If she is the most powerful hero now, why isn't she in more things? Why didn't they have her do something with the Guardians? Do something in the Secret Wars series?
Deadpool will be a hit based off of its own previous success.
What has Sam as Captain America done since 2021 ? How does he fit in with Chinese magic and the multiverse? Why should anyone know or care about the Thunderbolts? And now we're going to add in a mystical/magic/monster side with Blade without solidifying any of the other characters or storylines first? There's just no organization or direction.

You’re leaving out all of the tv/streaming series. Feels like an unsustainable amount of content to put over a decade and keep people engaged especially considering the tone/look of much of it is the same.

guardians 3 was pretty bad. Star lord pulling a Princess Leia space walk and surviving was so hilarious.

I loved the way they slowly built up the tension in that scene. Eric starts of being polite and friendly, asking the two Nazis what their occupations are,

1st Nazi, "Pig farmer!"

2nd Nazi, "Tailor. Since I was a boy. My father made the finest suits in Dusseldorf".

Eric, "My parents were from Dusseldorf!"

2nd Nazi, "What was their name?"

Eric(toasts the Nazis with his beer glass)"They didn't have a name. it was taken away from them. By pig farmers. And tailors..."

The Nazis share a, WTF?! look while they and Eric drink their beers. Then Eric turns over his left forearm and we see his Auschwitz prisoner number tattoo...:eek:

Movie should have been Magento: Nazi Hunter

You’re leaving out all of the tv/streaming series. Feels like an unsustainable amount of content to put over a decade and keep people engaged especially considering the tone/look of much of it is the same.

guardians 3 was pretty bad. Star lord pulling a Princess Leia space walk and surviving was so hilarious.

Because more people are watching movies than they are TV shows, especially when you have to get a subscription to watch the shows anyways.
The problem with the series is the exact same problem I highlighted with the movies. It's bad writing and planning overall. The strength of the MCU hasn't been just putting out a bunch of content, it's making it connect into something bigger, having characters interact with one another. We saw that at a high level from 2016's Civil War until End Game.

Loki
Ms. Marvel
Wanda Vision
Falcon and the Winter Soldier
She-Hulk
Moon Knight
Hawkeye

These are the shows so far. Plenty of legit criticism to be had for a lot of them, but they looked the same in style and tone? I didn't feel like that at all. Sameness was definitely not my issue with these shows. Different stories and characters at different points of their super hero careers, focusing on different themes. Stylistically, Loki, Ms Marvel, Wanda-Vision, She-Hulk, and Moon Knight were creatively not your typical show.
We don't even really know how much you NEED to watch the TV shows yet. They should serve as just a supplemental thing if you want to get more details on particular characters before or after watching the movies.
We'll see soon enough if you actually needed to watch Ms. Marvel to understand what's happening in the Marvels. You didn't need to see Loki to understand who Kang was in Antman: Quantumania.

Guardians 3 was "pretty bad" for a minority of people, because it did pretty well, and was well received. You're doing a similar thing as the 'woke' guy by boiling down a 2 hour+ movie into one scene that you didn't like. If Guardians 3 was pretty bad, then I imagine the vast majority of the MCU has to be terrible to you, which if that's the case, fair enough.

Because more people are watching movies than they are TV shows, especially when you have to get a subscription to watch the shows anyways.
The problem with the series is the exact same problem I highlighted with the movies. It's bad writing and planning overall. The strength of the MCU hasn't been just putting out a bunch of content, it's making it connect into something bigger, having characters interact with one another. We saw that at a high level from 2016's Civil War until End Game.

Loki
Ms. Marvel
Wanda Vision
Falcon and the Winter Soldier
She-Hulk
Moon Knight
Hawkeye

These are the shows so far. Plenty of legit criticism to be had for a lot of them, but they looked the same in style and tone? I didn't feel like that at all. Sameness was definitely not my issue with these shows. Different stories and characters at different points of their super hero careers, focusing on different themes. Stylistically, Loki, Ms Marvel, Wanda-Vision, She-Hulk, and Moon Knight were creatively not your typical show.
We don't even really know how much you NEED to watch the TV shows yet. They should serve as just a supplemental thing if you want to get more details on particular characters before or after watching the movies.
We'll see soon enough if you actually needed to watch Ms. Marvel to understand what's happening in the Marvels. You didn't need to see Loki to understand who Kang was in Antman: Quantumania.

Guardians 3 was "pretty bad" for a minority of people, because it did pretty well, and was well received. You're doing a similar thing as the 'woke' guy by boiling down a 2 hour+ movie into one scene that you didn't like. If Guardians 3 was pretty bad, then I imagine the vast majority of the MCU has to be terrible to you, which if that's the case, fair enough.

the writing and planning suffers when you spread it out over so many projects. Your issues are a symptom of over saturation/too many productions.

outside of the avengers series no marvel project really demands prior viewing to understand the story. They will epilogue everything you need to know because otherwise it would limit audiences. Again an issue of over production because the stakes of these projects are kept low and dumbed down so they can churn out more and more. That’s what wrong with Guardians 3, not much of consequence happens. Star lord mopes about his girl like usual, she’s back from the dead cuz real deaths would limit making more projects so who cares, the villain is just whiny, you can have star lord space walk commando without consequence because we’re going to have to pump out more with him down the line. There’s no stakes to any battle or sacrifice or scene because you know they need that character back for more content later. The writing is handcuffed by the constantly churning out of projects,

Movie should have been Magento: Nazi Hunter

Agreed. They could have made a whole movie where it was just Magneto walking the earth and fucking up ex-Nazis, and I would have watched the shit out of it:cool:

And 'hespect to the actor playing the Nazi who gets his hand pinned to the table(twice!). His facial expressions really sold just how much pain he was in,

Eric, "Blood and Honour...which do you want to shed first?"

Nazi, "We were under orders!"

Eric, "Blood, then." <Eek2.0>

I've only liked NWH and Doctor Strange 2 out of the lastest releases, some i didn't even bother checking, not even when they were released on blu.

GOTG 3 looks good though, and i will definitely watch it soon.

But the issue is that after Endgame, most of the good actors and characters are gone and the directors are mostly lackluster merchant's.

I still like MCU films, but as popcorn enterteinment.

Much as I love Magneto, I doubt we'll see him in the MCU any time soon.

With the current unpleasantness in the Middle East, a Jewish Holocaust Survivor who uses his Mutant Powers to wreak bloody revenge on those who murdered his people might prove a tad controversial...

Back