Marty is a PPV draw?

Is Kamaru Usman a draw

• Total voters
I dont know why he gets as much hate as he does.

No. Probably not.
He has had only one exciting fight with Colby. The rest of them he panic wrestles or just hugs and holds the entire time. Which is impressive cardio wise but not that fun to watch for everyone.

Compared to who? By virtue of being a champion, he’s probably in the top 20-30ish. That’s not saying much though, because there’s only a handful of true draws in the UFC. He is certainly not raking in the buys. He’s pretty much an unknown outside the hardcore mma fan base.

Last edited:
The UFC logo and UFC belt are bigger draws. Usman is the default guy on the poster.

At the end of the day, he has a belt, and that will make people/force people to watch him.

Bernard Hopkins has always been known to have a boring style (aside from the Trinidad fight of course) but because he was a champ for so long, he was considered a PPV fighter.

Mayweather as well. He was long regarded as one of the best for quite a while, but his first PPV fight was against Gatti, since many didn’t like his style, but they knew Gatti always puts butts in seats and delivers action fights. However, not long after that, when Mayweather won titles in weight classes people actually cared about, you could only see Mayweather on PPV.

Most ppl who causally watch UFC have no fucking clue who he is, the ones that do, just want to see someone beat him so the division can be exciting again.

Boring to slightly annoying personality
Boring fighting style

It’s a no for me

Nothing boring in the Colby fight. It's not Usman's fault that many WWs have shit TDD and he can lay on them to get an easy win without taking any damage.

On here it may seem like it.

I personally don't care if he is "boring". I want to watch the best fight the best.

Someday Usman will lose, probably to someone we don't expect him to and I want to see that too.

He has a nice casual following just for being undefeated in the UFC. He's not a mega draw but he does draw.

Boring to slightly annoying personality
Boring fighting style

It’s a no for me
Boring fighting style? His last fight was amazing and the Woodley fight as well as Dos Anjos were pure domination, that is not entertaining?

His personality is boring tho

1. Conor
2. Lesnar/Rousey
3.Khabib
4. GSP/Jones
5. Diaz bro’s
6. Guys like Masvidal, Usman, Holloway

Edit: Should’ve included Silva and Penn somewhere in the list

Yes, everyone in Nebraska will buy PPV for his fights

People seem to be confusing being a PPV draw with being a quality fighter, McGregor maybe a ppv draw but I wouldn't consider him a quality fighter. I don't need a puppet show fighter putting on a song & dance for me I'm not a 15yr old casual with an attention span of gnat. I'd rather watch a quality fighter with the personality of stone than watch some clown preen around and at the 1st sign of trouble taps his way out from the heat instead of trying to fight his way out.

Last edited:
People seem to be confusing being a PPV draw with being a quality fighter, McGregor maybe a ppv draw but I wouldn't consider him a quality fighter. I don't need a puppet show fighter putting on a song & dance for me I'm not a 15yr old casual with an attention span of gnat. I'd rather watch a quality fighter with the personality of stone than watch some clown preen around and at the 1st sign of trouble taps his way out from the heat instead of trying to fight his way out.
tenor.gif

What makes you believe I ain't calm? I'm expressing a long held view since McGregor came on the scene that being a great ppv draw somehow equates to you being a great fighter. I would rather pay & watch a long drawn out back & forth 25 minute fight than see a 13 second KO where I learned nothing about either fighter.

Back