Martinez targeting Mayweather fight

LOL what??

I saw some NCAAF coach give that as an answer to a hypothetical when his team had lost, can't find which one but made me laugh at the time and seemed appropriate given this fight ain't happening.

what " bias " ? you kids are still stuck in that pac-vs-mayweather dynamic .. SMH

i'm talking about what i want to see, from my perspective .

pacquiao is smaller than mayweather and will get stomped easier, therefore it's not an interesting fight IMO . i guess i'm a pactard because i think martinez-pac is not competitive ?

what " bias " ? you kids are still stuck in that pac-vs-mayweather dynamic .. SMH

i'm talking about what i want to see, from my perspective .

pacquiao is smaller than mayweather and will get stomped easier, therefore it's not an interesting fight IMO . i guess i'm a pactard because i think martinez-pac is not competitive ?

Didn't take long for your argument to crumble.

Pacquiao weighed more as a welterweight than Floyd did as a junior middleweight, but Pac is way smaller right? Smaller to the extent as fight between him and Sergio is insignificant? Haha get out of here with that bias shit.

I don't care if you think Pac v Martinez would be competitive, that's not the point at all.

"Pacquiao weighed more as a welterweight than Floyd did as a junior middleweight,"

151 ( pac against marquez) = 151 ( may against cotto )
so what if pac rehydrated more than usual for the marquez fight? there is no argument that he will be at a bigger physical disadvantage than floyd in a fight against sergio . seriously: shorter , generally lighter, shorter reach ....

"Haha get out of here with that bias shit."
bias towards what ? how is believing that pacquiao is too small and unproven at 154 to be competitive with sergio a bias?

mayweather on the other hand is a two time champion at 154 ( with no catchweight ) and is physically bigger than pacquiao . therefore a fight against sergio makes more sense

where the fuck is the bias ?

"Pacquiao weighed more as a welterweight than Floyd did as a junior middleweight,"

151 ( pac against marquez) = 151 ( may against cotto )
so what if pac rehydrated more than usual for the marquez fight? there is no argument that he will be at a bigger physical disadvantage than floyd in a fight against sergio . seriously: shorter , generally lighter, shorter reach ....

"Haha get out of here with that bias shit."
bias towards what ? how is believing that pacquiao is too small and unproven at 154 to be competitive with sergio a bias?

mayweather on the other hand is a two time champion at 154 ( with no catchweight ) and is physically bigger than pacquiao . therefore a fight against sergio makes more sense

where the fuck is the bias ?

No unofficial weights were given for the Cotto fight, Floyd said him self he weighed below 150lbs.

It's nothing to do with who would have the better chance. It's to do with one fighting being called a duck for not fighting Martinez, and the other getting a pass. Whether it's a pound here or there, they both fight in the same division are are both near enough the same size.

If Floyd should fight Martinez, so should Pacquiao, they both go up to the same weight.

It's really that simple.

What belt does Floyd have. Who did he beat to get it.

Floyd is the "super" WBA champ at 154 pounds. He beat Cotto to get it. I think this is a legit fight. Floyd has moved up to 154 in the past and Sergio is a very small middleweight. He should be fighting at 154. He's just been able to take out bigger comp with his speed and skill. This is actually a very fair and even match-up.

There are definitely good fights at 160 for Serg but a fight with Floyd is a match-up of the #1 and 2 in the world. That trumps any of the other match-ups at 160 for Serg or 147 for Floyd. After that fight Serg can go back and finish cleaning out 160.

Even after saying all that I don't see floyd taking this fight. It's too dangerous for him. He could keep knocking off bums and make the same amount of money. I see floyd retiring for good in about a year anyways.

No unofficial weights were given for the Cotto fight, Floyd said him self he weighed below 150lbs.

It's nothing to do with who would have the better chance. It's to do with one fighting being called a duck for not fighting Martinez, and the other getting a pass. Whether it's a pound here or there, they both fight in the same division are are both near enough the same size.

If Floyd should fight Martinez, so should Pacquiao, they both go up to the same weight.

It's really that simple.

people who call mayweather a duck for not wanting to fight martinez are silly and DKSAB . floyd is a natural welterweight , i never claimed otherwise .

i'm just one of many people who think martinez-mayweather makes more sense due to the potential competitiveness , if you don't agree with my arguments on how may-serg is more competitive , then fine . but you can't just accuse people of bias, it was never about giving pacquiao " a pass" while calling mayweather a duck for not taking the fight .

So he is holding on to the WBA belt. I thought he gave up all belts for good when he gave up his WBC belt a while back and said he didn't what to pay belts fees to anyone and that he was bigger then them anyway.

sanctioning bodies are funny .

small time beltholders get stripped left and right , and box office stars like mayweather keep 2 belts in 2 weight divisions and fight once a year :)

sanctioning bodies are funny .

small time beltholders get stripped left and right , and box office stars like mayweather keep 2 belts in 2 weight divisions and fight once a year :)

Like when he wouldn't pay the sanctioning fee against Mosley you mean?

This fucking guy....

Replace Floyd with Manny and the conversation does a complete 180. Go dig up some old threads on the subject. Pac-Martinez is the most absurd thing ever. But the Mayweather-Martinez is perfectly reasonable and if Floyd was a 'true champion' he would take the fight

These pactards are so oblivious to their own bullshit it's jaw dropping.

Still begging for attention, are we?

You complain about "Pactards" when it was you who brought Manny into this thread? Nobody was even talking about him you clown.

But, since you brought it up, Manny has claimed he will never fight above 147 again due to the punishment he took from Margarito (who was 20 lbs heavier on fight night) Mayweather is the one who moved up to 154 and got a belt, and now wants the Canelo fight. So, yes, Pac/Martinez ain't happening. Floyd/Martinez can happen at least. Floyd's at 154, and Martinez has claimed he can make that weight.

So, the discussion is about a fight that actually CAN happen. Does that concept stretch your mind too much? Maybe you have something intelligent to add? Or will you continue to complain because you see "Pactards" in your soup?

I don't get why Sergio get a pass for calling out smaller fighters all the time. Nobody else gets one. If Maywather was chasing Rios, peope would shit all over him. Sergio should be standing his ground at MW and clean.out the div. GGG,Gale,Kid Chocolate,Pirog. All great fights for him. the Murry fight is a good one. Just do what a champion does and defend the crown and not chase anyone.

I think it's a little different when you call out the P4P best though. Rios isn't even top 20.

Would much rather see Canelo....Never liked Martinez to be honest...Think he is overhyped.

I think its more interesting that Jhonny Gonzalez writes for Boxingscene.

Still begging for attention, are we?

You complain about "Pactards" when it was you who brought Manny into this thread? Nobody was even talking about him you clown.

But, since you brought it up, Manny has claimed he will never fight above 147 again due to the punishment he took from Margarito (who was 20 lbs heavier on fight night) Mayweather is the one who moved up to 154 and got a belt, and now wants the Canelo fight. So, yes, Pac/Martinez ain't happening. Floyd/Martinez can happen at least. Floyd's at 154, and Martinez has claimed he can make that weight.

So, the discussion is about a fight that actually CAN happen. Does that concept stretch your mind too much? Maybe you have something intelligent to add? Or will you continue to complain because you see "Pactards" in your soup?

Martinez calls out guys who are 2 weight classes lower than him, Pac is removed from the conversation completely, and Floyd is somehow the asshole. Its a bullshit double standard.

I doubt the Martinez fight ever happens. I thought it might when Martinez was still active at 154 but Floyds not going top MW and I doubt he would ask for a catch weight for that fight.

Back