Martinez targeting Mayweather fight

mayweather is the most over rated man in boxing. in the 8 years I've been watching boxing he hasn't once fought the top ranked fighter in his division

Would much rather see Canelo....Never liked Martinez to be honest...Think he is overhyped.

get away will you. canelo hasn't beaten anyone to merit his hype. his best win is over a shot mosely who looked like he'd been payed off.

Martinez has beaten williams, dzinzuruk, chavez jr, pavlick, macklin and barker. all very good fighters at more or less the peak of their powers.

canelo has beaten who? shot mosely, shot cintron, won the title against welterweight gatekeeper mathew hatton.

martinez would run rings around canelo. he's one of the best I've seen in a while and provided he doesn't struggle to make 154 will likely ko mayweather

mayweather is the most over rated man in boxing. in the 8 years I've been watching boxing he hasn't once fought the top ranked fighter in his division

Floyd is the top ranked fighter in his division along with Pacquiao. The Pac fight couldn't be made.

Pretty sure Ortiz was ranked either 2 or 3 in this division. Cotto was also top 3 I'm quite certain, maybe higher. Hatton was the champ at junior welter and a titlist ranked 6th at welter and 8 ish P4P when Floyd fought him. Marquez was # 3 P4P in the world. Mosley also was a top 3 ranked welter.

Your criticism isn't totally accurate.

Floyd vs Martinez huh?

the-wire-hands-up.gif

Floyd has beaten everyone there is to beat, so much so people are pushing for him to fight a middleweight.

Floyd is the top ranked fighter in his division along with Pacquiao. The Pac fight couldn't be made.

Pretty sure Ortiz was ranked either 2 or 3 in this division. Cotto was also top 3 I'm quite certain, maybe higher. Hatton was the champ at junior welter and a titlist ranked 6th at welter and 8 ish P4P when Floyd fought him. Marquez was # 3 P4P in the world. Mosley also was a top 3 ranked welter.

Your criticism isn't totally accurate.

totally accurate more like it. the only reason mayweather asked for ped testing vs. pacquiao is because he has problem with a) fast fighters b) pressure fighters c) south paws and d) fighters who can match his stamina.

like i said he never fought a guy who was rated 1 in his division at any time, he could have fought margarito when he looked unstoppable, he could have fought tyszu, he could have fought paul williams, he could have fought cotto when he was the number 1 at lww and 3 p4p he could have fought hatton earlier but he waits until people look beatable until he fights them. expect him to fight pacquiao next year (pacquiao will still give him some trouble tbh) 5 years after it should have happend but flomos will over look that.

he has done well but he's terribly over rated, the ducking of pacquiao was a joke, he never asked any body else to take ped tests like de la hoya who had moved up a shit load of weights or hatton who had an amazing ability to lose 4 stone in 2 weeks at the beginning of a fight camp. Mayweather is just as likely to be on stuff as any of these guys, it's not like he is morally above it.

I know myself that he has never really fought the number 1 threat at any time during his campain at lww and above, I've followed boxing throughout this time so don't try to fool me (or yourself if you believe otherwise).

Floyd has beaten everyone there is to beat, so much so people are pushing for him to fight a middleweight.

Except that guy who moved up from super feather weight who he made excuse after excuse to avoid and still avoided even after every excuse was met i.e. ped testing wage demands etc.

don't give me any bs about mayweather beating marquez then jmm beating pac either because we all know that was a different jmm that night (whether or not he was on peds i dunno, imo he was because angel heredia is a steroid distributer after all but pac n mayweather could be anyway). and styles make fights as well.

anyway whether or not pac is or ever has been on stuff, mayweather has completely ruined his name like the piece of shit scum bag he is. he's boring, he ducks people, he beats up women and that stunt he pulled against Ortiz was simply disgusting yet flomos class that as a legit win (even though if anyone had done that to mayweather they would have been dq'd or it would have been an nc). get a grip people, good fighter no doubt, great even but without a doubt by a million miles the most overated I have seen through my era.

Last edited:
it disgusts me really how it was clearly mayweather who ducked pacquiao yet flomo's try to dispute it and say stuff like "that fight couldn't me made". don't call me a pactard either because I will happily admit marquez has beaten him 3 x.

thing is though, mayweather was the one who came up with reasons to avoid that, and mayweather was the one who has a history of doing that type of stuff (ie turning down career high pay day to fight marg, not even entertaining the thought of pwill) and pacquiao has always fought the top dogs through out the time i have watched boxing.

list of guys who would have beaten maywether at ww over the last 15 years, dlh, tito, pacquiao, shane mosely (mayweather ducked the fight at lw) margarito (he was cheating granted but still would have and mayweather didn;t know that when he ducked him). probably a few more, a peak cotto might have, but the list at lmw is endless anyway. like i said mayweather is good but most over rated guy in my era simply because of that 0

funny because rjj really was one of the best ever and now people shit on his resume/legacy just because he had a few loses when he was shot.

btw i agree mayweather doesn't have to fight a guy martinez's size, dlh would have but yeah, that's no duck the rest were though. even if he does fight pacquiao, he still ducked him, just like he did with cotto, pwill marg etc

it disgusts me really how it was clearly mayweather who ducked pacquiao yet flomo's try to dispute it and say stuff like "that fight couldn't me made". don't call me a pactard either because I will happily admit marquez has beaten him 3 x.

thing is though, mayweather was the one who came up with reasons to avoid that, and mayweather was the one who has a history of doing that type of stuff (ie turning down career high pay day to fight marg, not even entertaining the thought of pwill) and pacquiao has always fought the top dogs through out the time i have watched boxing.

list of guys who would have beaten maywether at ww over the last 15 years, dlh, tito, pacquiao, shane mosely (mayweather ducked the fight at lw) margarito (he was cheating granted but still would have and mayweather didn;t know that when he ducked him). probably a few more, a peak cotto might have, but the list at lmw is endless anyway. like i said mayweather is good but most over rated guy in my era simply because of that 0

funny because rjj really was one of the best ever and now people shit on his resume/legacy just because he had a few loses when he was shot.
Maybe not a pactard, but a definite hater.

Floyd and Manny are equally to blame for the fight not happening. You act like Floyd demanded the drug tests and forced Manny to say no. Pacman coulda just sucked it up and did the drug test, but he chose not too

Except that guy who moved up from super feather weight who he made excuse after excuse to avoid and still avoided even after every excuse was met i.e. ped testing wage demands etc.

Ah, I see what this is about.

don't give me any bs about mayweather beating marquez then jmm beating pac either because we all know that was a different jmm that night (whether or not he was on peds i dunno, imo he was because angel heredia is a steroid distributer after all but pac n mayweather could be anyway). and styles make fights as well.

anyway whether or not pac is or ever has been on stuff, mayweather has completely ruined his name like the piece of shit scum bag he is. he's boring, he ducks people, he beats up women and that stunt he pulled against Ortiz was simply disgusting yet flomos class that as a legit win (even though if anyone had done that to mayweather they would have been dq'd or it would have been an nc). get a grip people, good fighter no doubt, great even but without a doubt by a million miles the most overated I have seen through my era.

Are you asking to get banned? I don't like Mayweather either but you are going a little bit too far with some of this shit. You do have a good point about the Ortiz fight, however. If the roles were reversed Joe Cortez would have disqualified Victor's ass in a heartbeat.

Maybe not a pactard, but a definite hater.

Floyd and Manny are equally to blame for the fight not happening. You act like Floyd demanded the drug tests and forced Manny to say no. Pacman coulda just sucked it up and did the drug test, but he chose not too

oh come on man. I'm not prepared to even listen to that shit. Pacquiao bent over back wards to meet his demands, let's not forget it was Mayweather who deamanded at least 60% of the purse and random drug testing and that the fight be in his home town not pac

Are you asking to get banned? I don't like Mayweather either but you are going a little bit too far with some of this shit. You do have a good point about the Ortiz fight, however. If the roles were reversed Joe Cortez would have disqualified Victor's ass in a heartbeat.

na mate i mean every word, great boxer n you have to give him credit for what he's done but top 25 p4p atg like these idiots are spouting now come on man neither pac or mayweather are close to that, and i'd have dlh a lot higher up than them

tbh right now i'd have ward n martinez ranked higher based on the ability they have displayed over the last 3 years and their wins recent wins also. atg mayweather is higher than both of course but not atm and that is just a well rounded and honest opinion

tbh right now i'd have ward n martinez ranked higher based on the ability they have displayed over the last 3 years and their wins recent wins also. atg mayweather is higher than both of course but not atm and that is just a well rounded and honest opinion
lol, you clearly hate Floyd. I mean you said you rank DLH over him as an all time great. They fought, Floyd won. Thats a fact.

All the BS you posted, hard to believe thats an honest opinion. Show us how honest you are and just tell us how much you hate Floyd. Its actually amusing

Floyd would clown him, I wouldnt be 100% sure that Sergio takes the rematch with Chavezito

Back