Martinez targeting Mayweather fight

lol, you clearly hate Floyd. I mean you said you rank DLH over him as an all time great. They fought, Floyd won. Thats a fact.

Sometimes that doesn't matter. An ATG A can still lose to ATG B, but ATG A could still be ranked above ATG B in all-time rankings. Take Duran and Hearns for example. Though, with that being said I don't know how one can figure DLH to be above PBF lol.

Why the hell would he? He clowned this guy for eleven rounds and got clumsy in the twelfth

Do you really place no value on what happened in the 12th? I mean the fight was absolutely on the brink of ending in a knockout. I'm not trying to give you a hard time I'm genuinely asking. It seems to me that JCCJr has the ability to stop Martinez if he can make the fight go his way, a possibility if he makes some adjustments in how he fights. Are you of the belief that Jr has no shot against Serg no matter what happens?

Do you really place no value on what happened in the 12th? I mean the fight was absolutely on the brink of ending in a knockout. I'm not trying to give you a hard time I'm genuinely asking. It seems to me that JCCJr has the ability to stop Martinez if he can make the fight go his way, a possibility if he makes some adjustments in how he fights. Are you of the belief that Jr has no shot against Serg no matter what happens?

Of course JCC jr has a shot...and with some revisions and discipline this guy can be a superstar...

That 12th round scare is not enough to warrant a rematch...JCC jr will have to earn it...

The fight was competitive throughout. Not close but competitive.

Maybe not a pactard, but a definite hater.

Floyd and Manny are equally to blame for the fight not happening. You act like Floyd demanded the drug tests and forced Manny to say no. Pacman coulda just sucked it up and did the drug test, but he chose not too

so at which point in his career did he ask anyone else to take extra tests? and manny did say yes to the tests that's the thing flomos always over look he did say yes. also demanding higher wages etc. like i said you seem like semi boxing fans, i am a real one who has followed the sport properly for 8 years. floyed has ducked everyone in that time and if he does say fight manny next year you will get idiots like that guy who just posted about dlh saying "haha oh but dlh beat him" even though the fight will have happend 5 years past his peak

let's face it if mayweather had been game enough to have dlh's opponents he would have lost a good few. hopkins, sturm, vargas quarty, tito (Robbed), wittikar (robbed him yes)even when dlh was shot he went after prime manny n floyd that's off the top of my head and missing a good few top guys he fought.

Sometimes that doesn't matter. An ATG A can still lose to ATG B, but ATG A could still be ranked above ATG B in all-time rankings. Take Duran and Hearns for example. Though, with that being said I don't know how one can figure DLH to be above PBF lol.

DLH was shot when he lost to PBF and manny, that is commonly agreed upon by boxing fans. he was only fighting once every 18 months and it is not like mayweather beat him convincingly, only by SD

chavez was less competative vs. martinez than macklin and barker were but he'll get a rematch because of his name. he did have martinez very tired in that fight but still doesn't deserve a rematch yet.

totally accurate more like it. the only reason mayweather asked for ped testing vs. pacquiao is because he has problem with a) fast fighters b) pressure fighters c) south paws and d) fighters who can match his stamina.

like i said he never fought a guy who was rated 1 in his division at any time, he could have fought margarito when he looked unstoppable, he could have fought tyszu, he could have fought paul williams, he could have fought cotto when he was the number 1 at lww and 3 p4p he could have fought hatton earlier but he waits until people look beatable until he fights them. expect him to fight pacquiao next year (pacquiao will still give him some trouble tbh) 5 years after it should have happend but flomos will over look that.

he has done well but he's terribly over rated, the ducking of pacquiao was a joke, he never asked any body else to take ped tests like de la hoya who had moved up a shit load of weights or hatton who had an amazing ability to lose 4 stone in 2 weeks at the beginning of a fight camp. Mayweather is just as likely to be on stuff as any of these guys, it's not like he is morally above it.

I know myself that he has never really fought the number 1 threat at any time during his campain at lww and above, I've followed boxing throughout this time so don't try to fool me (or yourself if you believe otherwise).

Mosley was the number 1 welterweight in the world when Floyd fought him. But you know better right because you've watched the sport for 8 years?

mosley was washed up in 2010 , one good night against margarito in 8 years of lackluster performances dosen't change that...

not to mention that he was 39 and came to that fight after a 1.5 years lay-off..

mosley was washed up in 2010 , one good night against margarito in 8 years of lackluster performances dosen't change that...

not to mention that he was 39 and came to that fight after a 1.5 years lay-off..

Several respected writers picked Mosley. Several "respectable" ranking systems had Mosley at one, because, you know, he hadn't looked like dogshit yet.

Sergio vs Mayweather is the fight to make forget about a rematch against jr that can be made at any time such as on the cinco de mayo weekend 2014 which a win or loss against PBF would only make it a larger sell to the masses. Even if Floyd forces Sergio to fight at 150, sergios camp should still make the fight if he losses, it will still be competitive and if it is that close or good of a fight maybe we can see a rematch at 154 if Sergio earns it. Mayweather will likely end up fighting fights we rather not see against contenders that 24/7 will assist to make it a worthy fight although they actually arent that great of a fight or match-up for the great Mayweather

Several respected writers picked Mosley. Several "respectable" ranking systems had Mosley at one, because, you know, he hadn't looked like dogshit yet.

he looked like shit numerous times between 2002 and 2009 ( special mention for the first winky fight ) ....

he also proved that he was washed up when he fought the great sergio mora 4 months after mayweather ( some say floyd " ruined " him :icon_lol: )

Mosley was the number 1 welterweight in the world when Floyd fought him. But you know better right because you've watched the sport for 8 years?

lmao shows how much you know mate. Mosely had not fought in 18 months when he faced Mayweather. Pacquiao was by far and away the number 1 welterweight at that time, he had just destroyed Cotto and Clottey so yes I do know because I have followed boxing for 8 years. Mosely was shot, everyone knew that, and he still nearly KO'd Mayweather.

If you don't know what you are talking about refrain from commenting on the subject.

he looked like shit numerous times between 2002 and 2009 ( special mention for the first winky fight ) ....

he also proved that he was washed up when he fought the great sergio mora 4 months after mayweather ( some say floyd " ruined " him :icon_lol: )

You shouldn't use hindsight to evaluate him at that point. R*ng magazine had him 1 at WW and a not insubstantial number of journalists picked him to win.

exactly mate, pacquiao was on the scene at that time, that's the fight people wanted not Mosely. Mosely had lost 2x to forrest 2x to wright (fair enough great boxer) robbed dlh in the rematch etc. looked unimpressive vs. Mayorga the guy was in his late 30's and had not fought in about a year and a half, reason he beat Margo is because, after being game enough to take the fight in the first place, his trainer caught Marg illegaly wrapping his gloves, had it been the cheating version of Marg he'd most likely have won.

Back