Marquez versus Pacquiao 3 November 12 fight discussion (DON'T START NEW ONES)

Status
Not open for further replies.
lolz at people calling a close decision a robbery. A challenger should never ever win a close decision. If you want that belt you gotta take it decisively.

JMM didn't have the hunger in him.

lolz at people calling a close decision a robbery. A challenger should never ever win a close decision. If you want that belt you gotta take it decisively.

JMM didn't have the hunger in him.
Completely agree. That's why JMM retained his
belt in his second fight with Pacquiao. Oh wait....

...EDIT: Rewatched the fight and it is a 6-6 draw. I had it 7-5 Pacquiao before. I hope there is no part 4 it will end up the same way by Pacquiao winning a close decision or a draw, would rather watch Pacquiao vs Floyd or Bradley.

Same with you, I would rather see Pacquiao fight Mayweather. That's my first choice. My second is Pacquiao - Marquez, but they should do it soon. If ever they fight again, I don't want a weak version of Marquez. Pacquiao is similarly not getting any younger. There is the possibility that his last performance was due to the beginning of his deterioration as a fighter. Even if it was only an off night, I feel that if ever they fight again, it must be sooner rather than later.

Was it just me or did EVERY Pacquiao punch even that ones that landed 100% clean look weak as hell?

I thought so; apparently he was having a lot of problems with the arches of his feet.

Was it just me or did EVERY Pacquiao punch even that ones that landed 100% clean look weak as hell?

Manny did not seem to be his usual self. Even Roach said so. They're not making excuses for the lackluster performance. But you know they're gonna sit down and have a really hard look at the situation.

this is absolutely ridiculous.

Agree that it is a retarded idea.

Never understood why people say shit like that. Even if you lost by the tiniest margin, you still lost.

I'm sick of hearing "if you want to be the champion, you have to decisively beat him".

No, you have to beat him according to boxing rules. And according to boxing rules, a fighter has to win the most rounds. Even if a guy wins 5 dominant rounds, and the other guy wins 7 close rounds, the guy who wins 7 takes the fight. Every time. Unless there are 10-8 rounds, for all the dickfaces who want to chime in with that argument.

LOL, in a close fight do judges change the final scores because he "didn't take it". That argument is fucking stupid.

lol they have excuses. They said Manny had leg cramps so plz.

he's done that for all the fights he lose/didn't look good. Cramps, gloves, socks, cuts, minor car accident. P4P Number 1 excuse giver.

I'm sick of hearing "if you want to be the champion, you have to decisively beat him".

No, you have to beat him according to boxing rules. And according to boxing rules, a fighter has to win the most rounds. ...

I understand your point. Sometimes people would judge the fight on how the perceive it as a whole. Judges, however, score it per round. A slight advantage would be score 10-9, and a decisive round (without knockdown or severe beating) would still be scored 10-9.

Let's look at a hypothetical fight where a fighter A shows a slight advantage on the first 7 rounds, but fighter B wins the remaining 5 rounds decisively, but not severely beating him and no knockdowns. The feeling of course would be that fighter B won because what would stick more in people's minds is the last 5 rounds. But scoring wise, it would be 115-113 for fighter A.

The more accurate statement, however, is for each judge, "to win, a fighter has to have more points," rather than to win the most rounds."

Yes you would because there's just as much as case for Pacquiao winning. Let's face it, it was a close fight. Besides, what's the old saying, don't let it go to the judges?

It really wasnt that close. It was competitive. Theres a big difference. juan was the clear winner. No doubt about it.

^This.

What i saw was Manny throwing the first punches, landing a couple, eating a few counter-punches in return, then landing a few on the way out.

Manny took it.......but just by a little.

almost every exchange had juan landing the last shits, dude your crazy.

Look at this fuckin idiot saying marquez played it safe. I guess anytime you have a smart gameplan and neutralize what your fighters trying to do hes playing it safe.

FIGHTHYPE \\ ALEX ARIZA: "I THOUGHT MARQUEZ WAS A TRUE MEXICAN WARRIOR...HE PLAYED IT SAFE"

I saw that. Stick to your vitamins Alex.

MArquez fought a perfect fight and put on an excellent display of technical boxing that made Pac look like he was drunk. Sorry it didn;t go according to script like Pacs recent opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back