Marquez versus Pacquiao 3 November 12 fight discussion (DON'T START NEW ONES)

Status
Not open for further replies.

myaa22

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
before anyone go crazy I do believe that pacman won the 2nd fight and the first was a draw/jmm won <<< thats just my opinion

but if you look at the 24 rounds they fought jmm won 14 rounds of them and pacman won 10 rounds<<<< give or take , but the difference in both fights is pacman knockdowns so if jmm can manage to not get his ass on the floor in the next fight do you see him winning the fight ?? or pacman just on another level now and he will destroy jmm ??

Marquez is a tough style match-up but Pacquiao has improved. I think Pacquiao will win by tko or a more dominant ud this time.

Pac is going to beat the hell out of JMM. Atleast JMM will come to fight and win and not just collect a big paycheck.

I don't think the 3rd fight will be like the first 2. Pacman goin beat him to the punch everytime and punish him with combos.

Styles make fights.JMM and Manny are horrible matchups for each other but a beautilful matchup for us.I think it will be like the other 2.Close but Manny by dec.I hope Marquez can pull it off though.The guy is a true warrior who dosent get enough credit.

I don't think the 3rd fight will be like the first 2. Pacman goin beat him to the punch everytime and punish him with combos.

I believe so too. Manny, in my opinion, has improved leaps and bounds.

Let's not forget that JMM is getting up there in age.

I think the extra weight that JMM has to carry to 144 is gonna be the bigger difference..but he is a terrible sylistic match-up for Pac

The answer to the question is yes, despite the denial going on in here.

JMM is a great counter puncher and tactician...and he has proven that in his last 8 fights...

however, Pacman has improved a great deal as well and is a much different fighter than the one we saw in their first two fights...

I see Pacquiao stopping JMM this time around.

I see a lot of you guys expecting pacman to dominate jmm and really I hope not I want a great fight like the 2nd it was one of my favourite fights , I do not care who wins I am a fan of both fighters and part of me wants pacman to win so he can have his fight with floyd and part of me wants jmm to have his revenge oh anyway I hope they have a fight that will be remembered forever

i'm going to go out on a limb and predict a wide and boring pacquiao decision and further proof that he has lost a step. Just to be different. :)

I actually don't think it's as straightforward a fight for Pacquiao as many think. While he's naturally the bigger man going into this fight and has the strength advantage, Marquez has proven to have a style that frustrates him and can outbox him at times. The fact he was knocked down three times in the opening round of their first fight yet a large number of people thought he won is evidence of that. I don't think Pacquiao's style has changed dramaticaly enough that he won't still have problems with it.

Another factor to consider is who Pacquiao has been fighting. Many of his opponents over the last few years have been handpicked for him, and to an extent Marquez has been too. I'm not convinced he'll look as impressively dominant against Marquez as he did against Clottey, Margarito or Mosley.

Kryptonite? No, Pacquiao arguably won both fights, and by all measures is a better fighter than when they first fought (it was only 2 fights after that draw that Morales boxed his head in) his movement/right hand/defense have improved significantly.

But it's a better style, far better, for dealing with Pac's speed and aggression than anything Margarito or Cotto or Hatton had and this is going to be his toughest fight in years. Marquez wobbled Pac on several occasions in their two fights and as Casamayor and Katsidis found out his power translates. If Manny still comes in on a straight line when he goes to flurry he's going to run into the right cross more than once and the fight will get interesting.

Manny didn't have a good lead left or right hook before. He was also more prone to brawling before his opponent was even hurt. I suspect he will outclass JMM this time around whereas the previous fights were wars. I don't mean to takeaway anything from JMM, because he's a great fighter and brave as they come.

I expect he will be quite game but Pac's development has accelerated. I believe this will prove true in likely their final bout.

Interesting, a while ago the third match was being discussed and I said the true odds of this fight are 10-1 in favor of Pac, but the gambling line will be thinner.

checking a site with odds on the fight, pac is -800. Close to the 10-1 than I thought it would be.

Didn't see a thread. Post about the fight here if you like.

Silly mismatch on the undercard right now, Jose Benavidez. Nice prospect at JWW but the guy hes fighting looks like a bantamweight.

Last edited:
This Jose Benavidez has some skills, hes knocking the shit out of this guy here. Nice body punching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back