Marquardt vs Lombard really seems like a loser leaves town match...

doomy200

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
That really sucks imo. Both guys are beasts and I would hate to see either go.

Do you think it's pretty much a sure thing the loser gets cut?

If Marquardt loses, he is definitely gone. If Lombard loses, he might get another fight, since his two losses were at MW and somewhat controversial.

If Marquardt loses, he is definitely gone. If Lombard loses, he might get another fight, since his two losses were at MW and somewhat controversial.

Controversial? Okami BEAT him. Lombard only got the last round.

And then Dana signs a mysterious new fighter Known only as The Midnight Rider...

It looks that way indeed, they need a fight of the year type showing.

Hopefully Marquardt goes out on his shield, and doesn't give us a repeat of the Okami fight. As for Lombard, I'm fine not watching him fight again.

Hopefully Marquardt goes out on his shield, and doesn't give us a repeat of the Okami fight. As for Lombard, I'm fine not watching him fight again.

Well I don't think Marquardt is capable of doing that to Lombard at all tbh.

Marquardt they still hate because of the drug thing that killed a main event, they only begrudgingly signed him to keep the image of the UFC having the best fighters. They are happy to make it hard for him and cut him after a couple of losses.

Lombard they paid heaps of money and he has underperformed, they happy for him to lose and get cut too.

Controversial? Okami BEAT him. Lombard only got the last round.

I agree. The Boetsch fight I thought Lombard won. The Okami fight, Okami definitely won 29-28. Lombard did more damage in the 3rd round than Okami did in the first two rounds combined, but people have to remember fights are judged by rounds, and Lombard didn't do enough in the 3rd to warrant a 10-8

They could keep Marquardt but seeing as Lombard costs so much he's probably gone.

Lombard wouldve been a beast at MW if he mixed it up more.

Back