Marquardt vs Lombard really seems like a loser leaves town match...

Neither guy will get cut.

100% no way.

Marquardt got summarily cut for bombing a gig he was set to headline over a TRT debacle - keeping in mind he was popped earlier in his career. Not only was he a company man at the time, he was legitimately one of the more visible guys in the organization. Didn't matter. Now he's in one of the deepest divisions.

The weather changes fast outside.

Marquardt gets KO'd by Lombard and you can look forward to seeing him in WSOF.

Lombard by KO. If Lawler can tap that chin then so can Hector!

Nate seems like he should have more leeway than Lombard since he only lost once since coming back and it was to a top 10 guy with a ton of power.

Nate's been one of my favorite fighters since I started really watching MMA. It really sucks to see him have these flashes of brilliance for one or two fights, and then fall completely off the ladder the next few fights. I got to see him fight in Germany, much to my ultimate disappointment. I hate to admit it, but I agree that he's off to WSOF if (most likely WHEN) Hector puts him to sleep. Might be best for him, though, to go somewhere that he can actually be pretty competitive even if it's not the Big Show.

now that Yushin got cut I can say with confidence that the loser of this fight will be cut

so this is pretty much a last man standing match and loser has to go to tna?

It feels like that, which is unfortunate. Two great fighters that are usually fan friendly, and this fight is buried deep in the card. A few months ago it could've easily headlined a fight night card.

Iv thought this as soon as I heard it announced. Both guys are on poor streaks and cost alot of money. It's unfortunate as both are talented and with other matchups could win alot of fights.

As funny as it sounds, since I'm predicting the loser to get cut, I think the winner is right back in the thick of things at WW. Not top ten yet but another win would put them there.

People use fight finder and see that it was a split decision, and thus assume it was controversial.

It was not exactly controversial, but Lombard could have won that fight in the 3rd with better fight IQ. He was lighting Okami up in that round but kept diving into Yushin's guard instead of keeping it on the feet and got neutralized. That shit was painful to watch and i wasn't particularly rooting for either one.

Marquardt they still hate because of the drug thing that killed a main event, they only begrudgingly signed him to keep the image of the UFC having the best fighters. They are happy to make it hard for him and cut him after a couple of losses.

Lombard they paid heaps of money and he has underperformed, they happy for him to lose and get cut too.

This, if it's boring they might both get cut.

People use fight finder and see that it was a split decision, and thus assume it was controversial.

It's crazy that people still do this. You know what's better than being full of shit? Watching the fight, and not being full of shit.

Pulling for Nate in this one. Lombard rubs me the wrong way.

Back