Maron Moraes tests positive for Covid

You guys are not alone on this one. Even the medicine got political over here, we say take this and this and people go ranting about how you are "minion" that votes on this and that instead of taking the damn medicine. Btw I work with the tests and I know how many are infected and the number are less than 10% of what they say.
It is god awful.

My wife is an RN and works at the largest hospital in the county. There is a dumb bitch there who works the front desk and keeps posting to Facebook that everyone is dying and dropping like flies. She says "young people, with no conditions". Which is code word for "don't listen to the stats, we opened up too soon, all because of Trump".

It is a blatant lie. No one has even died there recently. But she brainwashes others none the less.

Exactly. Some mild cases lead to strokes as well.
Very true but how many as a % of total infected? There is no denying that healthy people and healthy kids can die from it or suffer from long term health issues, but that goes with pretty much any virus. COVID-19 is obviously more dangerous than the common flu, but just because a handful of healthy people out of millions infected get other related issues should not lead to us or the media talking about it like there’s a high probability. We should do our best to stop the infection but there is no need assume the worst since it’s an extremely unlikely outcome.

Damn, wish him a good recovery...

Any brazilians in here care to elaborate what exactly it is that makes the fighters living and training there so prone to getting this virus?

Do most of them live in densely populated areas maybe?

Edit: Moraes lives in the USA i've been told. The reason why so many brazilian fighters get infected with the corona virus seems to be the fact that there's lots of densely populated areas in brazil, on top of that poverty is a big issue and the president doesn't take the virus seriously and as a result this virus ruined an still ruins a lot of lives there.
I'm not Brazilian, but I can tell you why it's so bad down there; two words Jair Bolsonoro, the Donald Trump of Brazil. I know politics aren't supposed to be brought into this forum, but the truth is the truth.

I'm not Brazilian, but I can tell you why it's so bad down there; two words Jair Bolsonoro, the Donald Trump of Brazil. I know politics aren't supposed to be brought into this forum, but the truth is the truth.
I agree. That's why i made the edit.
Now Moraes lives in the states, but still, there's lots of brazilian fighters infecting themselves, so i wondered.

Very true but how many as a % of total infected? There is no denying that healthy people and healthy kids can die from it or suffer from long term health issues, but that goes with pretty much any virus. COVID-19 is obviously more dangerous than the common flu, but just because a handful of healthy people out of millions infected get other related issues should not lead to us or the media talking about it like there’s a high probability. We should do our best to stop the infection but there is no need assume the worst since it’s an extremely unlikely outcome.
A study was just done where they found 55% of those who have covid began to show heart irregularities where they didnt have them before.

It was a small sample size about 1200 people. When I find it il link it for you.
https://www.newsweek.com/scans-reveal-heart-damage-over-half-covid-19-patients-study-1517293

Thats a scary #. Whats even scarier is that if it was 20% there is a cause for major concern.

Back