Media Marlon Moraes says it was "embarrassing" to watch TJ get finished in 32 seconds by Cejudo

0 point. If they went down in weight and fought a champion in lower weight class and lost they would be paperchamps yes. They belts loses its weight when u lose in a lower weightclass.
so if DC has a trilogy fight at LHW and loses to jones he is paper champ at heavyweight, that's what you are saying and I pointed out. Because that is exactly what would happen.

so if DC has a trilogy fight at LHW and loses to jones he is paper champ at heavyweight, that's what you are saying and I pointed out. Because that is exactly what would happen.
Yes. If you lose when you ar echampion your belt means nothing. I dont know how u can even deny that. Tj is a great fighter and all but come on.. Why defend him so bad your not even being logic?

both TJ and Henry are big for 125...Henry looked bigger, and there is no way they both weren't at least 150 on fight night. TJ underestimated Cejudo's power, big mistake by the Snake. Oh, by the way....That is an ugly fuck'n belt they are awarding now...

Yes. If you lose when you ar echampion your belt means nothing. I dont know how u can even deny that. Tj is a great fighter and all but come on.. Why defend him so bad your not even being logic?
You realize your logic is arbitrary and holds no water? I'm not trying to pile on here but to call TJ a "paper champion" is extremely disrespectful of everything he has done to get to this point. So if Cejudo goes up to 135 and then loses to TJ, is Cejudo a paper champ now?

You're trying to be too black and white about something that by its nature alone is full of gray area.

Hope TJ fights him, smashes him, talks a bunch of shit and triggers Sherdog more than he already does.

Last edited:
You realize your logic is arbitrary and holds no water? I'm not trying to pile on here but to call TJ a "paper champion" is extremely disrespectful of everything he has done to get to this point. So if Cejudo goes up to 135 and then loses to TJ, is Cejudo a paper champ now?

You're trying to be too black and white about something that by its nature alone is full of gray area.
You guys are insane lol. I dont understand how you think. If Cejudo went up it would be a different situation. TJ WENT DOWN IN WEIGHT and lost. If Cejudo loses at 135 it doesnt really mean shit

It’s not the first time he lost to a flyweight
When TJ lacks the speed advantage he seems to struggle
And TJ didn't get time to find out he wasn't going to win the wrestling either. So I guess TJ had a choice to lose by strikes on the feet or lose the wrestling and wind up getting dominated on the mat.

ufc should force tj to vacate that belt
that was brutal.

Cejudo was 146 lbs in the cage, doesn't get heavier than that for FLW. So TJ wasn't bigger. IIRC he even said that he started cutting water at 136 lbs.

This. Cejudo just proves he can hang at 135 so "saving the 125 division" is a stretch to me.

Gotta love how the weight cut and rehydration are now the reason tj lost. Prior to the fight they were a non-issues and dillsnake was going to run through Henry.

You guys are insane lol. I dont understand how you think. If Cejudo went up it would be a different situation. TJ WENT DOWN IN WEIGHT and lost. If Cejudo loses at 135 it doesnt really mean shit
It will mean he's a paper champ.

Sherdog logic 101. Flawless.

It’s not the first time he lost to a flyweight
When TJ lacks the speed advantage he seems to struggle
Bingo. What we learned is that TJ's kryptonite seems to be fighters who are faster than him. This Cejudo fight looked like a carbon copy of TJ's fight against Dodson. It's not a coincidence that TJ has had a decided speed disadvantage two times in his career, and he got steamrolled in both of those fights.

I've been a TJ believer for a long time, and I still think he's a p4p caliber fighter. And although his weakness may have been exposed, there aren't many BWs who have the speed to take advantage of it.

Side note: TJ got obliterated by the speed of Dodson and Cejudo. MM made both of those guys look slow. I think it's fair to assume that MM would have ran through TJ, given the speed disparity. This really highlights what a mistake it was for MM to duck TJ. He always complained about not being given a fair shake, but then he turned down the biggest opportunity of his career.

Moraes subtly throwing a little shade at TJ, saying he had plenty of challengers in his own division, but chose to go down to a lighter division instead, and still wound up losing.

Says he feels embarrassed "watching our champion go down in weight and losing."

Maybe he can goad Dillashaw into defending against him at 135? Would be a pretty sick fight! Moraes is a beast.

Time-stamped:

like I said somwhere 2 years ago its only a matter of time until Moraes gets title shot and then wins it

tenor.gif

The only remaining question is who actually comes out behind that guy. As in supporting him.

Marlon wishes he made TJ do the bobblehead and is now jealous because smaller Henry did it first.

tenor.gif

How is he a paper champ? They didn’t fight for the bantamweight title? Mesa confused
He's a "champion" coming off a 30 second KO loss. Still technically the champ, but has very little credibility or aura. Hence, paper champ.

Back