MARK MUNOZ vs. LYOTO MACHIDA (UFC FN 30 - Ryron in one corner, Rener in the other)

yes, i was speaking about it being created by the gracie's to promote GJJ, so yeah, when it was Rorion's show (like it was when it was created)

my point is not: the gracies own the ufc and you should bow down.

I am saying that we got lots of great things from the gracie's promoting themselves (like the UFC).
so it is funny that people are bitching about the Gracie's promoting themselves when this board would not even fucking EXIST if it was not for the gracie's promoting themselves.

so i guess i am saying it is ironic, don't YOU think?

I give credit where credit is due. But, today, the Gracies are irrelevant in MMA. And to make someone else's fight 'theirs' through lame promotion and forcing themselves to be a spectacle is so far beyond lame it isn't even funny.

On the other hand, these guys are promoting jiu jitsu better than the folks on F12.

Suck it up folks. The more promotion they do, the better of we all are.

This is crazy but awesome. It boggles my mind that Munoz & Machida can be training partners before fighting each other with so much at stake. That's some serious mental maturity and strength of character.

what so surprising theyre both professional

To everyone who is saying that we are being overly-critical of Rener and Ryron: It's not hating just to hate. It's because of these guys' constant, shameless self-promotion, putting down other Jiu jitsu practioners and styles, and the fact that they keep purposely putting guys into Metamoris matches to be boring. And I'm not a Gracie hater, I train under a Gracie. These two just come off as egotistical douches.

Back