• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Mark Hunt was offered bribe to take a dive in a fight for 3-4 million dollars

Do you believe Mark Hunt was offered millions to take a dive?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
The video OP posted literally says he was offered 3-4 million in Australia. Probably for his celebrity boxing matches. Learn how to watch a 10 second clip before posting, thanks
Smd noob

Want to know why it's bullshit?

If somebody offered him millions to take a dive, he'd have taken the money and he wouldn't have been talking about it lol

Mark Hunt also claimed he was stalked by a hooded shadow figure and goes on some of the most insane CTE rants I have ever heard in my life so yeah... I wouldn't take a word he says seriously. Guy will likely not make it to 2030 and his biggest legacy will be being cited as an example of why combat sports should be banned in future athletic commission hearings IMHO
I doubt it. His biggest legacy will always be his chin, his knockouts and being one of the biggest underdogs to win a K1GP.

I doubt it. His biggest legacy will always be his chin, his knockouts and being one of the biggest underdogs to win a K1GP.
No doubt.

People are trying to bury his career because of some social media posts.

The guy has some of the most exciting fights ever and most courageous moments in history

"yea but i dont like him complaining on social media. he sucks,fuck his career"

He should be celebrated and beloved.

The real ones still do.

Did anyone actually press play in the video? It wasn’t Pride lol it was in Australia. Also he only has one lawsuit, against the UFC for letting a juiced Brock Lesner fight him. Hope he wins the belt in BKFC, he KOed a professional boxer just last year, he still got hands

Not for 3 or 4 million, Thats absurd. Especially back then. Ogawa drew money anyway. It just wasnt worth it. Plus,like I said,if they paid that much,everyone would know about it,esp other fighters. It wouldnt be a good situation. Top stars killing themselves getting nowhere near that much,and then you pay a guy that much to dive? anarchy

You're not even factoring in the betting aspect of throwing a fight. You have no idea what you're talking about.

You're not even factoring in the betting aspect of throwing a fight. You have no idea what you're talking about.
oh ho ho! I love it when people get their jimmies rustled with no effort.

Go ahead and plead the case why Mark Hunt would be paid 3 - 4 mil to take a dive!

Cos they didnt pay Mark Coleman shit to take a dive. They just told him he had to do it or they just wouldnt use him. Tell me why they'd pay Mark that much when they could get someone else to do it for nothing?

oh ho ho! I love it when people get their jimmies rustled with no effort.

Go ahead and plead the case why Mark Hunt would be paid 3 - 4 mil to take a dive!

Cos they didnt pay Mark Coleman shit to take a dive. They just told him he had to do it or they just wouldnt use him. Tell me why they'd pay Mark that much when they could get someone else to do it for nothing?

Not only do you not know what you're talking about, you are the type that refuses to listen. I wont waste my time with you any longer.

Not only do you not know what you're talking about, you are the type that refuses to listen. I wont waste my time with you any longer.
Got nothing.

GOT NOTHING.

giphy.gif

Don't know why he would lie about the alleged offer, no way to ever verify it.​
His biggest legacy will always be his chin, his knockouts and being one of the biggest underdogs to win a K1GP.
His many walk-off knockouts were proof of a classy and confident fighter.​

Reactions: HHJ
Mark Hunt also claimed he was stalked by a hooded shadow figure and goes on some of the most insane CTE rants I have ever heard in my life so yeah... I wouldn't take a word he says seriously. Guy will likely not make it to 2030 and his biggest legacy will be being cited as an example of why combat sports should be banned in future athletic commission hearings IMHO
Your brain damage has it's own cte

Awesome interview watched the entire thing. Nothing against Hunt but I 100% think he would take a dive for 4 million. One of my favorite dudes either way but that story is a little sus. Hunt in K1 is my most vivid combat sports memories.

Hunt isn’t a Jon Jones or Khabib he has so many losses and it doesn’t Hurt his legacy or value. Why wouldn’t he take millions to throw?

Awesome interview watched the entire thing. Nothing against Hunt but I 100% think he would take a dive for 4 million. One of my favorite dudes either way but that story is a little sus. Hunt in K1 is my most vivid combat sports memories.

Hunt isn’t a Jon Jones or Khabib he has so many losses and it doesn’t Hurt his legacy or value. Why wouldn’t he take millions to throw?
Yeah thats like a ridiculous amount. I dont think any fighter could turn that down. Thats why I dont think they would offer that. That kind of money makes too much noise.

The video OP posted literally says he was offered 3-4 million in Australia. Probably for his celebrity boxing matches. Learn how to watch a 10 second clip before posting, thanks
Nah, it's funner to watch new members throw hissy fits instead.

MMA has an incredibly high turn-over of fans and absolutely tries to bury any fighter that is no longer of used to them. Even Wanderlei Silva is virtually never mentioned anymore and much more successful K1 fighters like Hoost and JLB are complete phantoms already.

Hunt was a street fighter for years taking damage before he even stepped foot in a gym let alone the ring. His public meltdowns, lawsuits, and obvious declining mental state will eventually overshadow anything he did in the sport IMHO Sad but true; combat sports are not a wise career choice

Back