• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Mark Hunt was offered bribe to take a dive in a fight for 3-4 million dollars

Do you believe Mark Hunt was offered millions to take a dive?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah assuming he's telling the truth he could be talking about his fight against Paul Gallen or Sonny Bill Williams. He mentions he was having a tough time with the separation, I'm not sure when he got separated but I think it was after the UFC.

Sonny Bill's fight against Francois Botha was a dodgy one, Williams started off well but Botha was coming right back, all of a sudden the planned 12 round fight finished after 10 and Williams won on points!

For the record Hunt knocked out Williams in their fight after starting pretty slow.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to guess, but if there's been some shady stuff in Williams' previous fights, that's one thing. SBW has a much bigger online presence than Gallen, and appears to be a bigger star Down Under.

Still doesn't mean he knew anything about whatever offer was allegedly made, or even if the offer was legit.

But it wasn't PRIDE.

I would ask, is it 3 or 4 million?

Why the range?

If you pitch this idea to someone that might accept it, that person isn't gonna do it for the lesser amount.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to guess, but if there's been some shady stuff in Williams' previous fights, that's one thing. SBW has a much bigger online presence than Gallen, and appears to be a bigger star Down Under.

Still doesn't mean he knew anything about whatever offer was allegedly made, or even if the offer was legit.

But it wasn't PRIDE.

Absolutely. And it seems like a lot of money to throw a fight, which makes me think (if it's true) that it came from some "colourful characters". But sports betting here is a big thing, and being legal it means betting patterns can be tracked, so unless they were illegally betting on it not sure how they'd expect to make the bribe money back easily.

They stopped betting on the Danny Green v Paul Briggs fight before it happened I believe, the odds for a first round KO for Green came into something ridiculous, like -400 or something in US terms.

Check out the "fight" below if you haven't seen it, you can tell by Green's reaction he was not in on it

Absolutely. And it seems like a lot of money to throw a fight, which makes me think (if it's true) that it came from some "colourful characters". But sports betting here is a big thing, and being legal it means betting patterns can be tracked, so unless they were illegally betting on it not sure how they'd expect to make the bribe money back easily.

They stopped betting on the Danny Green v Paul Briggs fight before it happened I believe, the odds for a first round KO for Green came into something ridiculous, like -400 or something in US terms.

Check out the "fight" below if you haven't seen it, you can tell by Green's reaction he was not in on it

Wow!

No, mate, I've never seen that before, that is embarrassing!

Wow!

No, mate, I've never seen that before, that is embarrassing!

Such a shame that one, Briggs had some great wars with Adamek a few years earlier, seeing this was sad. I don't know details of why this happened, i'm guessing Briggs owed a favour to some people or something, that's usually how these things go I'm told.

199401.jpg
199401.jpg
That's right. But those are mine. You should be showing yours.

Back