Mark Hunt on the UFC title: ‘There’s no prestige in that title. There’s no money in that title’

I love Hunto, but he's one of the few fighters I don't think should gripe about pay individually, he was always paid pretty well AFAIK.

This and also fought a bunch of roided guys outside of the UFC. Like a ton of them lol so its wierd that all of sudden he has a problem with it. This seems like a money grab scheme tbh

Hunto should stick to KFC and PS5

Hunto isnt wrong. Steroid abusers are still allowed to roam freely in the UFC and often enough get decent opportunities by Dana.
Yep. UFC needs to introduce strict penalties for cheating in a sport where a competitor who cheats is putting their opponent at greater risk of brain injury or death. Lifetime ban for anyone who has PEDs in their system. It's the only solution to cheating. Why wouldn't a fighter cheat when steroids make them a way better fighter and worst case scenario they get just a 2 year ban.

6 more fights with 46 years old? he is fighting next month but in boxing....
he said 2 years ago...he wanted to make 5 more mma fights....i think he will do 0 of them
hunt is a monster, i would love to see him winning some old fighters like him, WARRRR

Hunto isnt wrong. Steroid abusers are still allowed to roam freely in the UFC and often enough get decent opportunities by Dana.
they have one of the most robust testing in professional sports and they have an independent process for punishment. it's funny they get singled out more for this than other orgs and sports when this is factually true. i wonder how the testing is now that he's doing local boxing........

I'm a huge fan but he fought in Japan his entire career which had no drug testing and paid less money. Sounds like sour grapes from a man too old to compete at that level anymore but an ego and pride too big to admit it.

They keep getting these cheaters and putting them before health, money before health, people and fighters’ health.

If the roids really make you that mad, no one's stopping you from doing them too. I mean, you're a morbidly obese 5'10 300 lbs and make a living in cage fighting with a Homer Simpson punch me in the head until you gas out boxing style, don't tell me you care about your health too much.

I believe more fighters complained during the USADA era because it's clear they play favorites, especially in his case with Lesnar.

And look at the fiasco with Jon Jones, they literally rewrote the rule book for him, he tested positive on his first test after getting busted, on the same week, they altered the rules to stop disclosing failed tests to the public.

Then this got even worse, because they never disclosed it to the commission's, or his opponent.

Since then what happens with failed tests stays within the company.

Yep. UFC needs to introduce strict penalties for cheating in a sport where a competitor who cheats is putting their opponent at greater risk of brain injury or death. Lifetime ban for anyone who has PEDs in their system. It's the only solution to cheating. Why wouldn't a fighter cheat when steroids make them a way better fighter and worst case scenario they get just a 2 year ban.
hunt is now in local boxing instead.........

Hunt is right about the title when he was around due to the Lesnar era...but lately I think UFC has redeemed the validity of the HW title by making the top fighters...fight each other and no cheats are known and around. I also do not understand Hunt when he says no money in it...the mother fucker was making 750k a fight on his last contract and he was at the time a top 5-10 fighter....I mean come on, fans know how much you made asshole so stop whining about how you feel you were unfairly treated to fans who wish they could make kind of money. Always been a Hunt fan and I agree with him on how the UFC did him no favors during the Lesnar PEDS issues, but enough about the unfair pay.

Hunt would never win the title anyways with his horrendous record and mediocre skills.

I like salty Hunt.

That being said, the UFC has stricter PED policies than any other major sports organization

Can't remember a time when Hunt has ever spoken sensibly or not seemed bitter and disrespectful tbh.

I believe more fighters complained during the USADA era because it's clear they play favorites, especially in his case with Lesnar.

And look at the fiasco with Jon Jones, they literally rewrote the rule book for him, he tested positive on his first test after getting busted, on the same week, they altered the rules to stop disclosing failed tests to the public.

Then this got even worse, because they never disclosed it to the commission's, or his opponent.

Since then what happens with failed tests stays within the company.
every finalized sanction is disclosed.

they went to the model literally every other sport uses in terms of public disclosure.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back