Mark Hunt on the UFC title: ‘There’s no prestige in that title. There’s no money in that title’

Hunt got like 800k per fight.......not bad

on top of that, yes Brock is a cheater. But he couldn’t get past Justin Willis because of steroids? He lost a handful of fights I thought were winnable for him, he just fucked it up.

they have one of the most robust testing in professional sports and they have an independent process for punishment. it's funny they get singled out more for this than other orgs and sports when this is factually true. i wonder how the testing is now that he's doing local boxing........
I dont single them out. In fact idgaf about boxing or other sports, that i barely or not even watch.
The problem is not so much the testing itself, which is atleast frequent but fails to detect newer kinds of PEDs. Its the penalties these fighters get and the non-impact it has on their contracts. You will see TJ Dillashaw making a comeback by either instant no1 contender fight or title shot.

Fun fact:

Hunto was playing a comp game in CS GO while doing the interview.

Just another reason why Hunt is a fucking legend.

I dont single them out. In fact idgaf about boxing or other sports, that i barely or not even watch.
The problem is not so much the testing itself, which is atleast frequent but fails to detect newer kinds of PEDs. Its the penalties these fighters get and the non-impact it has on their contracts. You will see TJ Dillashaw making a comeback by either instant no1 contender fight or title shot.
i don't know what's next for tj but that's a fair critique. as for newer ped's, there's of course no solution to that. although i don't know how prevalent new undetectable ped's are into the general sporting landscape.

Stipe is like meh ill fight when i feel like it

Hunto is right

He's just trying to get paid for real. I guess he figured he can make more money in court than in the cage. He's talking about "health concerns", yet signs to compete in boxing, which is known to be "less healthy" than MMA. Quite contradicting.

Hunt just needs to keep fighting the good fight fight against the tyranny of the UFC.

The UFC needs an overhaul, at this point it is just turning to a C level version of kickboxing with just low level talent from DWCS.

every finalized sanction is disclosed.

they went to the model literally every other sport uses in terms of public disclosure.

Wrong, VADA delivers it's finding to the commission's not to their clients.

But we do not know who is sanctioned and who isn't, since then it is up to the promotion to decide, up until a verdict has been found.

But they have already been exposed in the Jon case as hiding their findings from commissions. So there is no way to know if UFC is sliding positive tests under the rug or not, since it has ko accountability anymore.

Also following that change in policy, the UFC resigned with USADA.

I'm a huge fan but he fought in Japan his entire career which had no drug testing and paid less money. Sounds like sour grapes from a man too old to compete at that level anymore but an ego and pride too big to admit it.

They keep getting these cheaters and putting them before health, money before health, people and fighters’ health.

If the roids really make you that mad, no one's stopping you from doing them too. I mean, you're a morbidly obese 5'10 300 lbs and make a living in cage fighting with a Homer Simpson punch me in the head until you gas out boxing style, don't tell me you care about your health too much.
"If the roids really make you that mad, no one's stopping you from doing them too." You got a chip on your shoulder against Hunt or what? You sound like the type that thinks they couldn't succeed at anything without cheating/that everyone else is cheating so your only shot is to only cheat. Good on you.

Wrong, VADA delivers it's finding to the commission's not to their clients.
vada is hired by the commission to do the work of the commission. usada is delegated to oversee the testing and resolution by the commissions. their roles are different. their powers are inherently different. i do believe when usada is testing on behalf of the commission they provide results to the commission for the commissions that have jurisdiction and request it (not the out of competition testing).

But we do not know who is sanctioned and who isn't, since then it is up to the promotion to decide, up until a verdict has been found.

usada has the authority. it's not up to the promotion. usada can and has given provisional suspensions before final verdict.

But they have already been exposed in the Jon case as hiding their findings from commissions. So there is no way to know if UFC is sliding positive tests under the rug or not, since it has ko accountability anymore.

Also following that change in policy, the UFC resigned with USADA.

again, every actual sanction is disclosed. so if there is a violation that leads to a sanction, they can't hide it. the details are made public.

i know you are not going to change your mind.....

I'm a huge fan but he fought in Japan his entire career which had no drug testing and paid less money. Sounds like sour grapes from a man too old to compete at that level anymore but an ego and pride too big to admit it.

They keep getting these cheaters and putting them before health, money before health, people and fighters’ health.

If the roids really make you that mad, no one's stopping you from doing them too. I mean, you're a morbidly obese 5'10 300 lbs and make a living in cage fighting with a Homer Simpson punch me in the head until you gas out boxing style, don't tell me you care about your health too much.

The drug testing in Japan was fair since it wasnt really against the rules. It was an even playing field as everyone was on the same page.

hes so salty because a wwe rassler embarrassed and beat the shit out of him

He's just mad he's too much of a bum to even get close to winning a title
Mmm false? He's competed for both the UFC interim heavyweight title, and also competed for the Pride Heavyweight title and actually had the champion is less than favorable positions in that fight. He's also a K1 World Grand Prix champion. He's competed for titles basically every where he's fought. It's fine to not like the guy, or his current stance. But to to say he's too much of a bum to get close to a winning a title is outright wrong.

It's not like he is a talentless HW. Despite what his record may suggest, he has beaten guys like Nelson and Black Beast in fascinating ways so he will always have a place in the HOF for unexpected and devastating KOs.

That being said, I did want him to KO Lesnar thinking he was easy bait since he hardly does well when punches are thrown back but then he lost; too bad some of the most important fights were rigged against him.

Also he's only 5'10 (looks like that is his correct height) but he's pretty skinny for someone who is that height and weighs over 265.

Think your missing the point about Hunts gripe with the UFC. They apparently knowingly allowed Lesnar to fight him after his positive test before ufc 200, hence the lawsuit
The problem is that is actually not the case. The test was before the fight but the results did not come until after the fight. If it was the way he says it is the case would be easy to prove. Every test report has the date the test was taken and the date of the results. All Hunt would have to do is point to the result date happening before the fight date. The problem is he can't do that because it did not happen that way.

They had to take the same tests. Hunt wasn't under any different set of circumstances.

Factually incorrect. Lesnar was granted a special waiver for his fight versus Hunt, so wasn't tested beforehand and then failed the lone pre-fight test. So, essentially, they knew he would fail and put him in anyway in order to generate interest.

Back