Mark Hunt on Brock Lesnar's suspension from NAC: 'It's not harsh enough'

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Mark Hunt isn't too impressed with the punishment the Nevada Athletic Commission gave Brock Lesnar.

On Thursday, the NAC officially suspended Lesnar for one year and fined him $250,000 for failing a drug test before his UFC 200 fight against Hunt and one afterwards, as well.

"It's not harsh enough considering he gets the same [punishment] as Jon Jones and Jones didn't fight," Hunt said. "Would that penalty have sufficed if I had died or been maimed?"

Lesnar first tested positive for the anti-estrogenic agent Hydroxy-clomiphene in an out-of-competition United States Anti-Doping Agency drug test on June 28, and then another in-competition test the day of the event on July 9.

Jones, who was pulled from the card just three days before, was also given a one-year suspension by the NAC but was not fined. He tested positive for two banned substances, Hydroxy-clomiphene, as well the Letrozole metabolite, an aromatase inhibitor, prior to UFC 200.

Hunt, who's loss to Lesnar has now been turned into a no contest, retained a lawyer in August. He wants clauses put in his contract that will protect him in the event a future opponent tests positive for any banned substances, however, the UFC, according to Hunt, isn't keen on implementing his demands.

"I want compensation for what’s happened and I want a change," Hunt said last month on The MMA Hour. "Either that or release me from my contract.

"Like I said, if you’re not going to make it an even playing field or a fair go, you’re not going to put a clause in my contract that says that makes me a feel a bit more better, well then why should I…I’m already in a contract I can’t get out of."

So now that Lesnar has finally received his punishment, Hunt says he'll let his lawyer handle the UFC. He's hopeful they'll meet his demands but is willing to continue to sit out if not.

Hunt says he's already missed out on three fight offers since his July fight against Lesnar.

"I am still waiting on UFC," he said. "Will they allow my clause or [will] we get into a lawsuit so the whole world can watch?"

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/12/...nars-suspension-from-nac-its-not-harsh-enough

I love you Hunt, But get over it now.

get back in the cage big fella.

Every time I read anything from hunt, it confirms my theory that he was always hard to knock out because his head is 98% skull.

Called this yesterday in my post! Hunt's a money hungry child! Saw that Brock purse and knows he's career is almost over so he's burning his bridges trying to get a last minute pay day.

Every time I read anything from hunt, it confirms my theory that he was always hard to knock out because his head is 98% skull.

well... that's not very nice, lol

if he would've died or been maimed? holy hell he is literally the p4p overreacting kingpin.

Mark took the fight, NOBODY made him get beat up by a wrestler who hasn't fough in 5 years

Get over it already Mark. Time to move on.

Its not like brock is the first person who could or would fail a drug test he has fought. Everyone in k-1 was on steroids when Mark fought there.

To be honest, maybe Mark doesnt go about it the best way, ranting on facebook and generally calling everyone cunts, but he does have a valid argument.

A clause in fight contracts whereby you get x % of the opponents purse if they test positive, similar to the system with failing to make weight, is not a bad idea, UFC dont have any real cause to oppose it (Doesnt cost them anything) and any opponent that refuses to the clause, well, questions have to be asked of them.

but then I think if you test positive you shouldnt get paid full stop. In any other sport, if you win, test positive, your prize money and everything else is withheld.

19erokqfstuskjpg.jpg

I agree with Mark......make it a level playing field or pay for the consequences......

I liked Hunt until I heard him speak about all this. I thought he was one of those crafty old Pride and K1 Veterans who didn't give a fuck and just threw down win or lose. He's turned into a real sour individual.

HUNT ONLY ASSUMED BROCK WAS ON STEROIDS, HE DIDN'T KNOW!!!111

Back