Mark Coleman on Ken Shamrock

Prime ken 95 subs him with ease
He double legs mark too
Yo, you're back <RomeroSalute>

Your devotion to Ken Shamrock when everyone was making fun of him when he came back to MMA after his pro-wrestling years; (particularly during the second and third Tito fights) was a inspiration back when I made my first Sherdog account.
(Back when your avatar was a picture from Ken vs Bas Rutten)

Not a lot of sherdoggers really changed my mind about a fighter, but you were one of them. <NewGina>
I still would have put my money on The Hammer against prime Ken, but I would have been nervous as hell watching that fight...

I'm still salty about the Pedro Rizzo fight Mark was talking about in that interview, which he lost via a controversial split decision.
Heavy.com: I saw you at the "Shogun"Rua-Lyoto Machida fight and you got pretty intense about the decision. Does it make you madder because of the Pedro Rizzo fight where you got jobbed and the Kevin Randleman-Bas Rutten fight where Kevin got cheated?

Mark Coleman: Me and Shogun have a lot of respect for each other. And sometimes when you lose to a fighter there is a bond. You kind of pull for them to win. I just felt that was an amazing performance by Shogun. I just know how hard he worked for that fight. I just know how devastated he was. There's no worse feeling in the world.

I still feel the Pedro Rizzo fight. I know Randleman still feels the Bas Rutten fight.
You put in so much training, so much time and work and energy. To have something taken from you like that, it really changes your whole career. I was never the same since then. I can remember fighting Akira Shoji in the Pride Grand Prix. And I think I may have landed 300 punches to about two. But after you lose a fight, a judge's decision, like that, you aren't the same person. I remember coming over to my corner and asking them if I won the fight. They were shocked that I asked that question, but really in my mind, I couldn't be sure. It will mess you up mentally for quite some time.

Speaking of Rizzo, his fight in Australia against a shot Ken Shamrock with messed up knees was so hard to watch (lots of big name in that small event though)... can't believe Ken was still fighting 6 years after that one, MMA is a ruthless world.

Mike Ehrmantraut has let himself go

Ehrmantraut by 1st round menacing look

giphy.gif

That YouTube channel has the hookup with interviews with all the UFC legends. I’d like to know how that channel lands so many interviews with legendary fighters

Met him and Baroni once at a weigh ins. Both were cool as hell and just bs’d with me for a few. Both were solid muscle and ripped

It's horrible I know, but with Coleman I think of -

Mark with with his daughters post Fedor fight - just surreal
Mark stumbling on the ropes winning the Pride GP
The Pete Williams knockout

Coleman's daughters 100% still have nightmares about Fedor.

Bout time someone made a real thread. I tend to favor Ken because while they were both roided to the gills, Shamrock displayed more stamina. He was a decent brawler. Coleman probably only had one avenue to victory - vicious GNP. Also, Ken's wrestling was underrated (see Severn 1). Shamrock by leg lock.

It's horrible I know, but with Coleman I think of -

Mark with with his daughters post Fedor fight - just surreal
Mark stumbling on the ropes winning the Pride GP
The Pete Williams knockout

You know... I bet the younger one is quite the hottie now. #nopedo

Coleman gonna have the GOAT OAP grandpa stories for the kidz

“I don’t go into a fight thinking I’m gonna lose.”

Welllll....there was that one time Mark.
BronzeEmptyGossamerwingedbutterfly-size_restricted.gif

I’m not shitting on Mark Coleman. Just a joke. But we all know this fight was a work.
That was early Pride. Part of that game, unfortunately.

Yo, you're back <RomeroSalute>

Your devotion to Ken Shamrock when everyone was making fun of him when he came back to MMA after his pro-wrestling years; (particularly during the second and third Tito fights) was a inspiration back when I made my first Sherdog account.
(Back when your avatar was a picture from Ken vs Bas Rutten)

Not a lot of sherdoggers really changed my mind about a fighter, but you were one of them. <NewGina>
I still would have put my money on The Hammer against prime Ken, but I would have been nervous as hell watching that fight...

I'm still salty about the Pedro Rizzo fight Mark was talking about in that interview, which he lost via a controversial split decision.
Heavy.com: I saw you at the "Shogun"Rua-Lyoto Machida fight and you got pretty intense about the decision. Does it make you madder because of the Pedro Rizzo fight where you got jobbed and the Kevin Randleman-Bas Rutten fight where Kevin got cheated?

Mark Coleman: Me and Shogun have a lot of respect for each other. And sometimes when you lose to a fighter there is a bond. You kind of pull for them to win. I just felt that was an amazing performance by Shogun. I just know how hard he worked for that fight. I just know how devastated he was. There's no worse feeling in the world.

I still feel the Pedro Rizzo fight. I know Randleman still feels the Bas Rutten fight.
You put in so much training, so much time and work and energy. To have something taken from you like that, it really changes your whole career. I was never the same since then. I can remember fighting Akira Shoji in the Pride Grand Prix. And I think I may have landed 300 punches to about two. But after you lose a fight, a judge's decision, like that, you aren't the same person. I remember coming over to my corner and asking them if I won the fight. They were shocked that I asked that question, but really in my mind, I couldn't be sure. It will mess you up mentally for quite some time.

Speaking of Rizzo, his fight in Australia against a shot Ken Shamrock with messed up knees was so hard to watch (lots of big name in that small event though)... can't believe Ken was still fighting 6 years after that one, MMA is a ruthless world.

cheers pal
I browsed but stopped posting
I had both accounts banned 04jamell and idonotbieveit this one
But then few weeks later on New Year’s Eve about 4 years Ago I was unbanned again lol

and here I am

ken is my all time favourite he got me into MMA in 2002

the hammer I got lot of respect for I think 96 ken wins mark would take him down but get subbed imo
But Mark is capable of pounding the shit out of ken on ground

Thanks for the nice words

I met him back in 96. Heck of guy to talk to. When he first came to the UFC you wondered who the hell would beat him until parts of his game got exposed. His toughest loss for me was him not beating Maurice Smith.
same here

Back