Law Marine jailed for speaking out about Afghan withdrawal

And still no accountability from the Generals. Imagine if it would've been a lower ranking person making the same decisions.

In this thread the right will pretend not to understand military laws and rules and will once again show they have a complete inability to make distinctions.
Everyone understands there are marching orders to follow. But in the end, who was the one getting sent to the brig? Sometimes people have to be called out.

Not to post criticism
And I'm absolutely fine with that if he was ordered not to do it.
The military isn't a place for principles. You can't pick and choose which orders to follow.
It's also that very reason I think general milley should be in the dock next to him.

From that article, it seems clear to me that he wasn't sent to the brig for his criticism - or pronouns - but because he ignored a direct order not to post.
It wasn’t a real order though, was it? It wasn’t like he was asked to secure a hill or advance on a beachhead, was it?

It wasn’t a real order though, was it? It wasn’t like he was asked to secure a hill or advance on a beachhead, was it?
I wasn't party to the conversation but If it came from a superior officer then yes, i would consider it an order.
And unlike securing a hill or beachhead it wasn't a hard order to follow.

Marines don't have the freedom to criticize their superiors.

Unfortunately this

There was some politician who was a national guard member still, who was brought up in court martial proceedings for critiquing the Govenor

Everyone understands there are marching orders to follow. But in the end, who was the one getting sent to the brig? Sometimes people have to be called out.

This demonstrates exactly the point you supposedly replied to. There is absolutely nothing new or different going on in the military here it's a non story. nobody has ever been free to publicly criticize their superior's orders and remain in the military. And nobody on your side ever cared about that when people were complaining about things your side dissaagreed with but now that somebody is complaining and they agree with your position all of the sudden it's time to have outrage and throw a fit. You guys are children.

This is fake news.

Respect the chain of command and STFU.

If you completely disagree with your military's direction, finish your run and leave, then have it at it. If you're asked to perform an unlawful act, there are steps you can take, legally and not so much lol

Binary Milley should be in the brig with him.

"Shut up and follow orders."

-Adolf Hitler

" Shut up and follow orders"

the right concerning servicmen who are hippies protesting war and the right concerning people questioning police.

You guys are babies.

And yet plenty criticized the former Commander in Chief.

You would literally defend anything your side does. They could hang this man and you would defend it.
Must defend Trump!

He knew going in what the consequences were. What he didn't know was whether anyone would hold the leadership accountable for their shit decisions and execution or not. Apparently, you can fuck up as bad as Milley and the rest of them did in Afghanistan, and nothing happens to them. We now know our leadership is not accountable for bad decisions and actions.

Yeah I'm not sure why anyone would expect a Marine Lt. Col. to be tolerated publicly lambasting his superiors in any capacity.

Indeed. Though I’m still more shocked that your military and political leadership can be shown to be so incompetent and rightly have no concern for public backlash.

Everyone knows the military is not only a huge waste of money, but responsible for innumerable war crimes across the world. Yet few people care enough to vote for those who oppose them.

It should be clear to everyone at this point, as it was beautifully summarized by the US last blind murder spree in Afghanistan, that it’s a totally unaccountable organization made of a mix of incompetence and malevolence.

He came across completely unhinged in his videos and posts.

Absolutely no surprise he's getting court martialed

And yet plenty criticized the former Commander in Chief.

You would literally defend anything your side does. They could hang this man and you would defend it.

Go back and look how hard he excused Vindman. Absolutely zero integrity.

I guess the court marshall will have to determine if that was a valid order or not.

This demonstrates exactly the point you supposedly replied to. There is absolutely nothing new or different going on in the military here it's a non story. nobody has ever been free to publicly criticize their superior's orders and remain in the military. And nobody on your side ever cared about that when people were complaining about things your side dissaagreed with but now that somebody is complaining and they agree with your position all of the sudden it's time to have outrage and throw a fit. You guys are children.

This is fake news.
The access we have to social media and ability to reach the masses IS something new. Just last year my state pretty much activated everyone at different times for the covid mission. We were lied to and dicked around regarding how they wanted to pay us, length of orders, and tricare. We had about 8 IG complaints within the first 2 weeks without any resolution. So what happened? People went to the news to complain and the story got out. Shit got resolved real quick after that. Now, the reporting got out anonymously but should they have found out who did it ther3 would have repercussions.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Baker
Back