Margarito vs. PBF

Kermit didn't know shit about defensive he just lowered his head and took a beating to it so he could complain. I remember Mayweather doing something similiar against Hatton I think it was (Although Floyd clearly does have defensive skills).

I was actually weighing it during the fight because maybe it will happen if Margarito beats Cotto which isnt impossible. I think Mayweather would be able to block the shots with his shoulder roll and create distance with his elbow inside and pot shot his way to a decision like you said.

i agree with tam

mayweather is too smart. tony not smart enough. if mayweather finds an exploit, its over and i dont think margarito would be able to adjust.

for margarito to win, he has to hope mayweather doesn't figure out how to win. and that has not happened yet.

Floyd hit's plenty hard to make Margarito think twice about diving in..... he'd have to eat 2 to land one, and that's a hard sell for Tony to KO Floyd.

I just can't see PBF KOing Tony. So I think it would be a UD for floyd because like the other poster said floyd can switch from plan A up to plan Z

Floyd hit's plenty hard to make Margarito think twice about diving in..... he'd have to eat 2 to land one, and that's a hard sell for Tony to KO Floyd.

Cintron hits about 3 times harder than Floyd. I dont think Floyd's shots would deter Marg at all

I was thinking this too. But, Margarito jumped from one angle to another when Cintron tried to shell up, battering him from all sides.
If Mayweather were to do (if they were to ever meet) he couldn't do that for too long, Margarito would just transition from one angle to another, cracking away.

If Floyd had reasons before for not fighting Margarito.... those reasons were just compounded from Margarito's fight on Saturday.

but cintron's footwork is awful, his footspeed is average, and his croushing at the waste has little science to it - he just does it as an attempt to move his head, but it lacks any purpose. margarito being able to attack at his sides had as much to do with the mistakes cintron was making as did margaritos ability to shift angles.

I think Floyd power is seriously underrated and Margarito's chin is overrated. I watched the fight today and Cintron punches were not at all powerful and rather sloppy. Margarito is so slow and predictable that I can't see him landing much on Floyd. It takes a lot of energy out of you to miss a punch vs hitting something. Mayweather would put Margarito away with sustained punishment if he really wanted to.

Interesting. I think Cintron is a power puncher. I agree his punches looked sloppy, but I thought it was because he was ridiculously loading up on all his punches.

I think Kermit's KO record speaks for itself. He can hit. And Margarito can take a punch.

Seeing is Margarito basically just plods forward and is extremely offensive minded, and that he's never been legitimately kayoed before tells me his chin is more than sturdy.

yo...was that a new cut on Tony's eye or a previous cut?

Wasn't the one against Santos above his eye?

Back