Margarito vs. PBF

PBF's shoulder roll/crouching crab/philly shell defense will be enough to avoid the big shots. PBF would pot-shot his way to a UD.

I was thinking this too. But, Margarito jumped from one angle to another when Cintron tried to shell up, battering him from all sides.
If Mayweather were to do (if they were to ever meet) he couldn't do that for too long, Margarito would just transition from one angle to another, cracking away.

If Floyd had reasons before for not fighting Margarito.... those reasons were just compounded from Margarito's fight on Saturday.

Do you really think Margarito is some kind of offensive technician? He's a very good fighter, but it's not like he has plans B through Z. You need that to compete with Mayweather, let alone beat him.

Do you really think Margarito is some kind of offensive technician? He's a very good fighter, but it's not like he has plans B through Z. You need that to compete with Mayweather, let alone beat him.

you have to admit he does have a pretty good plan A especially when he starts plan A in round 1.

PBF by KO.
I can't ever bet against PBF no matter who he fights. Even if he fights Jesus I will still bet on him.

you have to admit he does have a pretty good plan A especially when he starts plan A in round 1.

Agreed. Margarito is great at what he does. My point though,w as Mayweather is good enough to make you beat him another way. He can take away what you do best and make you look stupid if you can't adjust. Can Toni do something else? I'm not sure he can.

Agreed. Margarito is great at what he does. My point though,w as Mayweather is good enough to make you beat him another way. He can take away what you do best and make you look stupid if you can't adjust. Can Toni do something else? I'm not sure he can.

kinda like the Zab Judah fight, eh?

I think PBF takes the fight with Margarito via pot shot and clinch. By the way has PBF's chin ever been seriously tested?

kinda like the Zab Judah figtht, eh?

I think PBF takes the fight with Margarito via pot shot and clinch. By the way has PBF's chin ever been seriously tested?

He's been hit by Corrales a few times. Castillo a bunch of times. Judah hit him with a couple of beauty's. Thats plenty. He's not Roy Jones in there.

Good points. Margarito is a threat to anyone if he starts his engines early. I just think PBF is way too slick and defensively he is no Cintron. I think PBF wins a fairly wide decision.

He's been hit by Corrales a few times. Castillo a bunch of times. Judah hit him with a couple of beauty's. Thats plenty. He's not Roy Jones in there.

I've only seen the Judah fight. I remember thinking he didn't look like he liked getting hit...but who does.

By KO? You crazy...

I love watching Tony fight, but I just see PBF getting used to his tempo early on and spending the rest of the fight connecting with power straight rights and hooks until Tony is grinded out late in the fight Hatton style.
PBF may have had some boring fights, but I do respect his power. He was able to KO Hatton who not long before was walking through Tzyu hits like they are nothing (which is a big big task). He also knocked Diego down how many times.
Hes not a KO machine, but I see him fully capable of putting down Margarito if hes motivated.

I love watching Tony fight, but I just see PBF getting used to his tempo early on and spending the rest of the fight connecting with power straight rights and hooks until Tony is grinded out late in the fight Hatton style.
PBF may have had some boring fights, but I do respect his power. He was able to KO Hatton who not long before was walking through Tzyu hits like they are nothing (which is a big big task). He also knocked Diego down how many times.
Hes not a KO machine, but I see him fully capable of putting down Margarito if hes motivated.

the only way Margarito hits the canvas is if he gets caught off balance. PBF won't KO him.

Tszyu and Hatton are '40 lb fighters. Margarito is a bigger stronger welter. There is no way in hell Mayweather is turning out the lights on Margarito. Even if youre a mayweather fan, theres no way to think Mayweather is going hit Tony with anything he hasnt seen already power wise.

You also have to keep in mind I'm kinda a PBF dicksucker. So take that for what its worth. lol.

really. we had no idea...hehe. who knows even though margarito's beard is a lot better, not many thought PBF would ko hatton.

really. we had no idea...hehe. who knows even though margarito's beard is a lot better, not many thought PBF would ko hatton.

yuh huh! Check out the prediction contest for that month. Lots of people on here called it. Including ME

I didn't think he would either. Especially after watching the Baldomire (where his hand was messed up) and De La Hoya (well no kidding he didn't hurt him) fights. However, I still think his KO power is underrated. I can def. see him KOing Tony, not easy, but I can see it happening.

Back