Margarito vs. Cotto

Naw, right now, Cotto and Margarito need to duke it out. Thats fine. But after that, hopefully there will be enough noise being made to force him to fight the winner

Trust me it's going to take more then Margarito for Mayweather to come out of his shell.... Give him Quintana again easy win for that WBO belt then give him De La Hoya for the money.... after Cotto outclasses De La Hoya Mayweather will HAVE to fight him.

That is a big fucking order for Cotto to handle though. He will most likely get through Quintana again, but De la Hoya and esp. Margarito won't be an easy task. If it takes all that to get to Mayweather, I doubt he will fucking make it.

Dude Quintana and De La Hoya would be easy fights... De La Hoya is too slow and come on man.. De La Hoya couldn't handle Mosley twice look what Cotto did to him... Margarito is the only hard fight right now....really hard actually.

Dude Quintana and De La Hoya would be easy fights... De La Hoya is too slow and come on man.. De La Hoya couldn't handle Mosley twice look what Cotto did to him... Margarito is the only hard fight right now....really hard actually.

I don't know about easy fight for de la hoya. De la hoya probably can't go the full 12 rounds anymore, but he still has decent speed and the wrecking ball left hook. At this stage, Cotto would most likely win, but it's not going to be easy. And Cotto didn't own Mosley. It was a CLOSE fight.

And a lot of people argue De la hoya deserve the decision for the second fight against mosley.

Also, styles make fights. Cotto is not the speed demon, combo machine Mosley was in his prime.

I don't know about easy fight for de la hoya. De la hoya probably can't go the full 12 rounds anymore, but he still has decent speed and the wrecking ball left hook. At this stage, Cotto would most likely win, but it's not going to be easy. And Cotto didn't own Mosley. It was a CLOSE fight.

And a lot of people argue De la hoya deserve the decision for the second fight against mosley.

Also, styles make fights. Cotto is not the speed demon, combo machine Mosley was in his prime.

I know he didn't own Mosley but he outboxed him which no one expected. He's getting quicker and better. One thing Cotto has is timing which makes up for his speed. Plus with Cotto hitting De la Hoya in the gut back to back I don't think De La Hoya will last.... I don't know if Cotto has the power to K.O. De La Hoya but I think the referee might stop the fight similar to the Gomez fight except De La Hoya will put up way more of a fight and it will probably get stopped in the 8th or 9th

I don't se how Cotto can take this. Both MArgarito and Cotto are there to be hit. It seems Margarito has more power and a better chin. Plus I think MArgarito will look huge fighting Cotto.

This is a terrible fight for Cotto.

Are you kidding? Margarito doesn

i think the tijuana tornado will ko cotto thoug thoug fight and i hope margarito takes this one and goes to fight floyd for a big big money fight
VIVA TIJUANA!!

I can't wait for this fight. They're gonna meet in the centre of the ring and it's gonna hit Cotto square in the face that he's never been in with anyone as big and powerful as Antonio.

Cotto's been having fun fighting guys who come to "out box" him. Right here he is faced with his first big powerful welterweight puncher.

^^^
Easy we've seen Cotto hurt a number of times, by Corely in particular, who isn't a puncher.

Ive only seen Margarito "buzzed" a bit by Daniel Santos, but that was at light middle and Santos can punch a bit.

^^^
Easy we've seen Cotto hurt a number of times, by Corely in particular, who isn't a puncher.

Ive only seen Margarito "buzzed" a bit by Daniel Santos, but that was at light middle and Santos can punch a bit.

I'm saying Margarito has a better chin. My text was poor.

^^^

He gets hurt and comes right back. Also Ricardo Torres is a hard hitter and he is the only one who knocked down Cotto...Cotto got right back and whooped that ass. Corley can hurt anyone especially Cotto was going a little wild and trying to end him early he got careless got hurt but came back and took him out.

I think Margarito will hurt Cotto but Cotto will come back stronger like always.... when he gets hurt he wakes up.

I can't wait for this fight. They're gonna meet in the centre of the ring and it's gonna hit Cotto square in the face that he's never been in with anyone as big and powerful as Antonio.

Cotto's been having fun fighting guys who come to "out box" him. Right here he is faced with his first big powerful welterweight puncher.

So Ricardo Torres tried to out box him? Ricardo Torres is one of those guys a lot of boxers ducked. Especially Mayweather because he lands bombs and he's aggressive as fuck. Margarito is tough as nails but Cotto is going to out box Margarito and if he needs to brawl to hurt Margarito a little he will. Cottos over all skills > Margarito Skills

Cotto KO1 big stinky Mexican.

Your racism and fighter bashing are no longer needed here.

Thanks,
SBC Representative KK.

Really looking forward to the Cotto/Margarito fight...and with 2 guys who are really coming to Fight, not dance and shoe-shine looking to win on points; these ol' boys want the decisive KO.
Warriors.

I think it's the most anticipated fight of the year.

All we need is Kenny Bayless to ref it.

I see Cotto doing a lot more offensive boxing than straight pressure. Cotto won't be running around like Floyd against Baldomir, but I see him moving with his feet and trying to give Magarito angles and pepper him with his improved jab. Magarito is going to make him work, but I see him losing by UD. Maybe Cotto could wreck him with body shots. I never seen anyone consistently attack Magarito's body.

But don't get me wrong though. Margarito is my boy and he has every physical advantage against Cotto (power, height, chin). And of course Cotto has never seen Margarito type of pressure and world class inside work. Plus, Cotto defense it not that great. He is there to be hit from time to time. Margarito has a great shot. But you have to lean towards cotto for his skill set.

you forgot massive reach advantage. Cotto only has a 67 inch reach. (that's kinda crazy eh?)

you forgot massive reach advantage. Cotto only has a 67 inch reach. (that's kinda crazy eh?)

Well, he is 5'7. Not a lot of people are built like Marvin Hagler and Floyd Mayweather. Hagler was 5'9 with a 75 inch reach and Floyd is 5'8 with 72 inch reach.

Back