Media Marc Goddard says Adesanya vs Gastelum was the best fight he ever reffed, admits he cried afterwards

Guy literally is the definition of "could have been" if he didn't have some of the shittiest discipline imaginable.
Had what it takes to at least become a Rockhold type of transitional champion.
Tell me bout his discipline. You got info on him missing out training ? Or he simply wins some losses some while also giving great fighters trouble.

However Kelvin is tough as a rock.

Amazing fight for sure. Not trying to have hipster take but I honestly thought Poirier/Max was better. It was the ultimate speed-chess fight, and also had many momentum swings.

He then Rogan and Rogan told him about Ronda and he started crying too.

With that being said, amazing fight.

i cried after Izzy's last fight too .......
but thats neither here nor there

That Gastelum headkick was so unexpected lol. Adesanya was prepared for anything but that.

That fight was both positive and negative for Izzy's career. On one hand, it showed he's an absolute dog and had warrior spirit. On the other hand, going life or death with a significantly smaller fighter who was a good (not great) striker dispelled some of the myths about Izzy being the best striker of all time (yes, that was a common narrative).

Goddard is a fucking can and he cost me money in that fight. Should have stopped it…

His size held him back too. Like Hendricks he would have benefitted from a 175 lbs div.

Hendricks had to kill himself to make 170 and was clearly too short for 185.
Both of them wouldn't have had to kill themselves to make weight if they weren't little fatties.

Both of them wouldn't have had to kill themselves to make weight if they weren't little fatties.
Its clear they are both short, and probably would PREFER to fight at 185 but are too short for it. Wide stocky motherfuckers.

Gastelum at 185 gave Izzy a fuckin battle.

His size held him back too. Like Hendricks he would have benefitted from a 175 lbs div.

Hendricks had to kill himself to make 170 and was clearly too short for 185.
He actually just had to stop eating for a couple of hours.
But my wife agrees! It feels like killing themselves for some people!

Its clear they are both short, and probably would PREFER to fight at 185 but are too short for it. Wide stocky motherfuckers.

Gastelum at 185 gave Izzy a fuckin battle.
That loss was his best fight ever.
He's not too short, he's too undisciplined.

As talented as Kelvin was this fight showed he lacks the fight IQ and heart of a champion.

Back