Media Many people don't know, but his name is not chimaev

Why do people keep calling him Viking?
He is Borz=Wolf not a fucking Viking lmao

Chechen viking ? What is that ? So it's like brazilians and their nicknames ?

So is that translation for a nickname? I hear people call him wolf?
Would it be akin to someone saying “Jacare” Souza?

Real question would be how long as Chimaev been attached to him? How long has Borz?

He’s just another generic hype train that will get found out when he fights someone decent.

that’s what I’ll refer to him as

What makes you say this bud? I know he’s not faced any world beaters yet, but surely there’s more evidence to say we may have something special on our hands rather than just a bum? He has immense grappling, fights multiple times a month and also has KO power and great speed. Watch Teddy Atlas breakdown his Meerschaert KO

Great info. Thanks TS. So the "Borz" nickname is kinda unnecessary.

Just Chimaev itself is pretty cool and fits him since he's Chechen born and living in Sweden.

You couldn't be more wrong.

tell me what impressed you more.

Was it beating literally the worst fighter on roster in Phillips?
Was it ragdolling some unknown kid from the UK with no wrestling and looked about 155lbs?
Or was it knocking out Gm3 the career journeyman with no chin?

Or do you just wanna be held down by him in your fantasies?

Either way I hope he gets the wonderboy fight because that will be the funniest shit I’ve seen in a long time

So is that translation for a nickname? I hear people call him wolf?
Would it be akin to someone saying “Jacare” Souza?
Chimaev is the mixture of the words chechen and viking ( probably in sweedish ) he probably is using this as a surname cause his real surname is too difficult, his real nickname is borz but yeah in some ways you could see "chimaev" as being a second nickname lol

tell me what impressed you more.

Was it beating literally the worst fighter on roster in Phillips?
Was it ragdolling some unknown kid from the UK with no wrestling and looked about 155lbs?
Or was it knocking out Gm3 the career journeyman with no chin?

Or do you just wanna be held down by him in your fantasies?

Either way I hope he gets the wonderboy fight because that will be the funniest shit I’ve seen in a long time
Why are you such a negative person? Is your life so bitter and empty that you can only be happy by see other people fail? I don't get it

Last edited:
What makes you say this bud? I know he’s not faced any world beaters yet, but surely there’s more evidence to say we may have something special on our hands rather than just a bum? He has immense grappling, fights multiple times a month and also has KO power and great speed. Watch Teddy Atlas breakdown his Meerschaert KO

I’ve watched him fight literally the two worst fighters on roster who have LITERALLY no take down defence and I’ve watched him knock out a journeyman.

I judge them like I see them, and sure he handled bums accordingly.
If he does something that impresses me I’ll holla at ya, but for now.
Generic typical hype train and I’ve seen it all before.

Back