Manuwa is in trouble

He's english and not named bisping so I wouldn't hold out a great deal of hope.

I think all the sherdoggers need to learn what really constitutes a 10-8 round. Sherdoggers throw that out every time a guy gets hurt a couple times.

Manuwa spent the first half, almost exactly, of the first round on his back with Kingsbury working for a d'arce, then hurt him a couple times with strikes. In my book and by the unified rules, that is still just a 10-9. If the entire first round went like the second half, definite 10-8. A 10-8 is when one fighter doesn't do a damn thing and just gets beat on the whole round. Kingsbury got a takedown, moved to half guard, and worked for a sub.

Aside from all that, Manuwa's tank was empty between rounds 2&3. He probably would have been subbed and definitely would have lost the third round and probably the fight.

Last edited:
I figured he'd smash on one of the worst LHW's in his debut. I think he might get outstruck here. Some overreacted to the kinsbu fight IMO. He's not going anywhere in terms of title contention, but that shouldn't matter he puts on good fights, is violent and exiting.

They'll pair him up for a while against strikers and then we he's racked up a couple of wins put him in against a wrestler and lose and then get paired again against strikes to see him put on exciting fights and highlight real KOs.

But you most certainly always know it never happens that way.

The UFC always prefers the classic striker vs. grappler/JJ match over a striker vs. striker or wrestler vs. wrestler match.

Just look at most of the fights right now that's going to happen (Koscheck/Lawler, DHK/Siyar etc...). Don't get me wrong I love a good wrestler v striker fight but it seems most of the time they put them on.

I figured he'd smash on one of the worst LHW's in his debut. I think he might get outstruck here. Some overreacted to the kinsbu fight IMO. He's not going anywhere in terms of title contention, but that shouldn't matter he puts on good fights, is violent and exiting.

Agree. Every new signee doesn't have to be labeled as a top prospect/future champ. He's fun to watch and brings it, will have good fights with low-to-mid level fighters, which makes him a nice addition.

When Manuwa says that he is going to get the KOTN bonus, you are in big trouble....

I think all the sherdoggers need to learn what really constitutes a 10-8 round. Sherdoggers throw that out every time a guy gets hurt a couple times.

Manuwa spent the first half, almost exactly, of the first round on his back with Kingsbury working for a d'arce, then hurt him a couple times with strikes. In my book and by the unified rules, that is still just a 10-9. If the entire first round went like the second half, definite 10-8. A 10-8 is when one fighter doesn't do a damn thing and just gets beat on the whole round. Kingsbury got a takedown, moved to half guard, and worked for a sub.

Aside from all that, Manuwa's tank was empty between rounds 2&3. He probably would have been subbed and definitely would have lost the third round and probably the fight.

Bull Shit

1.gif

By your criteria Maynard won this round 10-9 since he didn't destroy him for exact 5 minutes.
A 10-8 round should be used when a fighter is badly hurt to the point where the ref could almost stop the fight.

In my book and by the unified rules, that is still just a 10-9. If the entire first round went like the second half, definite 10-8. A 10-8 is when one fighter doesn't do a damn thing and just gets beat on the whole round.

You're right and wrong..first I think you're crazy to not call that a 10-8..look at Kingsbu's face and tell me that wasn't 10-8. He was a punching bag. But the scorecard was 19-18 going into the last frame and I think Manuwa was gassed and this fight would've ended 28-28 a unanimous draw

He's english and not named bisping so I wouldn't hold out a great deal of hope.

yeah because no way any English man could be good at mma. It's not like they are a country whose produced tons of top athletes before or anything, right?

first of all Kingbury has a gret chin. No shame in not being able to put that guy away an have him coming at you. Kyle is a very dangerus guy.

Diabate is the favorite but Manuwa is a younger breed. There is no reason to believe he can't out strike Diabate.

weird OP.

he's in trouble because he's going to lose at some point? Well, yeah.

Diabate via ''upset''

manuwa could ground and pound diabate out. if he stands and trades it wont end well for him.

neither man gets past any solid wrestler in the lhw division.

Back