Manuwa is in trouble

He won't even get by Diabate tbh.

He won't go very far I don't think.

He'll be fun for a while though

I think Diabate is going to win their fight.

Diabate is very unathletic and gasses VERY quickly.

There's somebody on here with a sig calling Manuwa a future champ. How difficult his life must be with that sort of judgment.

Lol,that might be Manuwa himself.

He surprised me against Kingsbu, but I don't think he'll do too well in the UFC. He probably beats Diabate, but I'm not sure he'll go much farther

There's somebody on here with a sig calling Manuwa a future champ. How difficult his life must be with that sort of judgment.

LOL

But back to the topic: I got my money on Diabate on a pure striking battle (which I think will be the case), and a fighter without good grappling (AT LEAST a good TDD), has no future in MMA.

I favour Diabate because I think he's better all around, but Manuwa has big power and a pretty good smash game if he can get top position.

I think this is a fun fight, and appropriate matchmaking for both guys.

Anyone know where Diabate is training for this one? Manuwa got the home town advantage

Thread title is misleading. I thought that he had some personal or legal issues or something. As to the OP, I agree with the notion that a fighter cannot expect to get far in the big leagues of modern MMA without being well-rounded.

I'm real excited for his fight against Diabate, two fantastic strikers, I see Manuwa winning

Well, I wouldn't be sure about that. I think Diabate is a far more proven high level striker, no? Seems like that to me. He held his own against some of K-1's very best guys even though he was often at a significant size disadvantage. He doesn't really have that problem in the UFC. Manuwa looks awesome striking, sure, but a takedown still seems like a more intelligent solution considering what punishment Diabate can take and keep coming. That guy is bound to catch you with something slick eventually if you stand with him for too long. I don't know maybe "The Snake" has lost a step. Personally I still wouldn't recommend playing stand-up with him.

Well, I wouldn't be sure about that. I think Diabate is a far more proven high level striker, no? Seems like that to me. He held his own against some of K-1's very best guys even though he was often at a significant size disadvantage. He doesn't really have that problem in the UFC. Manuwa looks awesome striking, sure, but a takedown still seems like a more intelligent solution considering what punishment Diabate can take and keep coming. That guy is bound to catch you with something slick eventually if you stand with him for too long. I don't know maybe "The Snake" has lost a step. Personally I still wouldn't recommend playing stand-up with him.

I'd say overall Diabate's striking is probably a bit more crisp but Manuwa has the edge in the power department at least at this point in their respective careers, the guy is a straight knock out artist. Diabate while he may be able to pick him apart with his reach and technique would be wise to not "stand and bang" so to speak because if he gets caught with one of Manuwa's power shots then it could get ugly.

This is going to be an easy KO victory for Manuwa for sure, if he wants to get farther in the division he really needs to improve his cardio big time as well as his TDD and grappling

He is also 32 which doesnt help...yet you'll still here Rogan calling him a great "prospect" as if he's 24 or somethign!

Hopefully he looks at his last fight and tells himself the truth. He was most likely down on the scorecards, he just inflicts a lot of hurt with his fists. If he's serious about this, he'll recognize that he needs to just wrestle for awhile.

how fucking high are you right now?

I'm torn, Manuwa's speed and power look mighty fine but Diabate has the reach, credentials and versatility with his muay thai.

Wouldn't even be surprised to see Diabate hit a takedown or two! Rooting for Manuwa to light him up though!

Snake has improved his offensive grappling lately, he's no longer a poor man's Spider on the ground. I wasn't too impressed with Manuwa, but he does have power and some solid skills on the feet (solid, not great).

The thing is, Diabate is an awesome striker based on technique, but he's had the trouble that many good pure strikers have in MMA - adapting defense. He gets hit way too much for that good of a striker, and I wouldn't be surprised if Jimi cracks him through the middle.

I favor Snake if he comes to grapple, Manuwa slightly if it stays standing because of that power and the things above.

Also, this is a good fight to make. But Te-Huna/Snake is similar to Gonzaga/Kongo. Their positions are close and they're about on the same level. The difference is Cyrille's age. I would've made that fight.

Hopefully he looks at his last fight and tells himself the truth. He was most likely down on the scorecards, he just inflicts a lot of hurt with his fists. If he's serious about this, he'll recognize that he needs to just wrestle for awhile.

Did you watch the fight..?

Manuwa has been wrestling with Phil Davis for a while now and I've never seen him taken down.

If he puts his hands on anybody including JBJ they are going to sleep

Don't feel sorry for me sunshine - my life's all good.

Worthless people who judge others without knowing them are the guys you need to feel sorry for.

Don't feel sorry for me sunshine - my life's all good.

Worthless people who judge others without knowing them are the guys you need to feel sorry for.
Lol, I was hoping you'd turn up. I'm afraid I never said I felt sorry for you, just making a joke about your questionable sig.

Did you watch the fight..?

Manuwa has been wrestling with Phil Davis for a while now and I've never seen him taken down.

If he puts his hands on anybody including JBJ they are going to sleep
Manuwa was taken down 2-3 times by Kingsbury?

Back