Man's gut ferments food making him a permanent drunk

one of the rare few who can truly use "I was drunk at time" as a viable excuse.

At least he doesn't have alcohol on his breath. He could pass a breathalizer test.

Read the article, lol.

His wife is a nurse and she gave him a breathalizer test, and without any drinking he'd blow a 0.40.

Basically he had an overgrowth of yeast in his stomach, and when he eats food the yeast ferments it into ethanol. They gave him a big dose of antibiotics to kill the yeast in his stomach, and he's normal now.

Jesus Christ, .40? That would get old after a while

That sounds like it fucking sucks. Either you are hungry all the time, or drunk all the time.

That article says that its basically caused by a yeast infection in the gut... so next time a girl says she's got thrush, go down on it.

tumblr_lo9et1q9711qzbyhpo1_500.gif

I know he's permanently pissed, but does he have that horrible hangover permanently as well. Cos that would really suck.

The best way to cure a hangover is with another beer!

In his case, eat a little food

that's getting way to drunk. .40? that's insane.

I imagine this makes both his farts AND burps flammable..

My old college roommate was an organic chem major and once explained to me that lactic acid and ethyl alcohol were similar enough that potentially a little gene tweak could make it so whenever I worked out hard, I got drunk. Did want.

Glad the guy is better. While I enjoy a good buzz that must have been fuckig awful and could really screw with your life.

That would suck but I wish I could get drunk by just eating.

Man that would wreck your liver.

Back