Manlet Clothier.... Why?

MikeMcMann

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This thread is meant to be taken seriously and not to be used to belittle manlets.

As i said in another thread, yesterday i was shocked to walk past this store below catering to Manlets.

It did not make sense to me??? As a tall guy (6'4") i grew up finding that few stores catered to people who were tall. A few Big and Tall type stores jumped in to cater to this niche market and that made sense as many times, tall people could not find things to fit anywhere else.

Manlets have no such problem. As a kid growing up to become a tall adult, i can say that almost all stores have all the height sizes right up until people get tall. If a 6 year old, 10 year old, 15 year old or 25 year old person going through normal growth patterns (not tall) can find stuff in their sizes, so too can a manlet.

it is just a question of 'is he the height of the 10 year old or the 15 year old'. But they all can find clothes.

So why? Is it solely to avoid an potential embarrassment of shopping in the appropriate section? If so should stores group clothes by height and not age bracket and would that fix it?

This store below has made me curious?? Any of you sherdoggers shop in a store like that?

OTERO MENSWEAR
Otero Menswear is a men’s fashion lifestyle apparel brand for short men. Otero Menswear seeks to make a positive difference in the world by offering apparel that fits the height, size and body type of men 5’4" – 5’9".

Capitalism.
And everyone wants to be part of some kind of group.

I found my new clothing store. Thanx m8.

Clothes racks have gotten pretty tall these days bro. Don't even get me started on how high mirrors can be

Good way to connect with other dudes in the struggle too

Last edited:
That Tolken Movie Shit...

Capitalism.
And everyone wants to be part of some kind of group.
Ya but to start a store to sell clothing sizes that are already in most of all the main clothing stores??

I get it for 'Big' and "Tall' as you literally were SOL when it came to getting stuff that fit in 99% of the stores. Thankfully that has changed now with an increasing height population, but back then as a tall guy you were getting Floods for pants and rolling up all shirt sleeves since nothing fit.

I can't decide between the Minimalist Crossbody Bag or the Swank Crossbody

Manlet Clothier is gonna be the the next champ at 125. YOU WATCH.

I pro-mess le belt shall stay in Nort Americahh for you guys dere.

This thread is meant to be taken seriously and not to be used to belittle manlets.

As i said in another thread, yesterday i was shocked to walk past this store below catering to Manlets.

It did not make sense to me??? As a tall guy (6'4") i grew up finding that few stores catered to people who were tall. A few Big and Tall type stores jumped in to cater to this niche market and that made sense as many times, tall people could not find things to fit anywhere else.

Manlets have no such problem. As a kid growing up to become a tall adult, i can say that almost all stores have all the height sizes right up until people get tall. If a 6 year old, 10 year old, 15 year old or 25 year old person going through normal growth patterns (not tall) can find stuff in their sizes, so too can a manlet.

it is just a question of 'is he the height of the 10 year old or the 15 year old'. But they all can find clothes.

So why? Is it solely to avoid an potential embarrassment of shopping in the appropriate section? If so should stores group clothes by height and not age bracket and would that fix it?

This store below has made me curious?? Any of you sherdoggers shop in a store like that?

OTERO MENSWEAR
Otero Menswear is a men’s fashion lifestyle apparel brand for short men. Otero Menswear seeks to make a positive difference in the world by offering apparel that fits the height, size and body type of men 5’4" – 5’9".

The market dictates what's sold. If there was a large enough market needed to fill the 6'4" and up store, there'd be one. Apparently, the normal stores are enough to fill that niche.

There's no need for a manlet store.

Clothing stores cater to average height and below.

This is just a company trying to separate itself from the pack to try and gain some attention.

The market dictates what's sold. If there was a large enough market needed to fill the 6'4" and up store, there'd be one. Apparently, the normal stores are enough to fill that niche.
No, that is why there was always Big and Tall type stores. It was a niche but a big enough niche for a few chains to target it but you would have to go looking for those stores. Most regular stores did not carry those tall sizes.

The manlet market has always been served. Those sizes exist in pretty much all major clothing stores. So why a niche store for a niche that is already served?

I'll edit this post to include a video I'm searching for which answers TS question.

It's more to do with proportions.

Yes most stores will sell an item of clothing in a small or extra small. But the proportions might still be off.

And at 5'7, most 30 inch leg length jeans/trousers can still be too long. So imagine being 5'4 and not only having to pay the price of jeans, but also extra to have them tailored.

I'll edit this post to include a video I'm searching for which answers TS question.

It's more to do with proportions.

Yes most stores will sell an item of clothing in a small or extra small. But the proportions might still be off.

And at 5'7, most 30 inch leg length jeans/trousers can still be too long. So imagine being 5'4 and not only having to pay the price of jeans, but also extra to have them tailored.

I can remember going clothes shopping as a kid, trying on pants or a long sleeve shirt, and being thrilled if you turned up the cuff and found there was enough material that you could get it let out a couple inches to lengthen it so it would actually fit properly. That was a good day finding that extra material there. And it was very rare.

Getting things let down for a hem (or up) was quite cheap. You did not need a tailor, just a seamstress and many stores would do it free, back in the day if you bought the item from them.

So this 'tall guy' does not have much sympathy for the extra tailoring as that was always a dream situation for me.

Back