Manlet Clothier.... Why?

I can remember going clothes shopping as a kid, trying on pants or a long sleeve shirt, and being thrilled if you turned up the cuff and found there was enough material that you could get it let out a couple inches to lengthen it so it would actually fit properly. That was a good day finding that extra material there. And it was very rare.

Getting things let down for a hem (or up) was quite cheap. You did not need a tailor, just a seamstress and many stores would do it free, back in the day if you bought the item from them.

So this 'tall guy' does not have much sympathy for the extra tailoring as that was always a dream situation for me.

That gets fucking annoying if you have to do it for every pair of pants you buy as an adult.

Manlets have no such problem. As a kid growing up to become a tall adult, i can say that almost all stores have all the height sizes right up until people get tall. If a 6 year old, 10 year old, 15 year old or 25 year old person going through normal growth patterns (not tall) can find stuff in their sizes, so too can a manlet.

Reebok should offer all the guys in 125/135/145 free children's clothes.

No, that is why there was always Big and Tall type stores. It was a niche but a big enough niche for a few chains to target it but you would have to go looking for those stores. Most regular stores did not carry those tall sizes.

The manlet market has always been served. Those sizes exist in pretty much all major clothing stores. So why a niche store for a niche that is already served?

The manlet market hasn't always been served. Getting kid's clothes is not serving the manlet market. They need adult suits and such. It's a niche - just like big and tall.

And they do have a small number of those niche stores. If the demand were greater, more retailers would offer it.

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2018/...tite-men-ash-and-erie-peter-manning-jimmy-aus

That gets fucking annoying if you have to do it for every pair of pants you buy as an adult.
It was a dream scenario years ago before more 'tall' sizes were stocked.

You could spend hours and hours trying on styles you liked of pants, all ill fitting Floods, and hoping there was extra material up under the cuff that could be let down.

Most times you went home empty handed or just bought the Floods.

(for those not familiar with the term 'Floods' it was for pants that looked like they were pulled up purposely as if walking in a flooded basement and trying to not get them wet. Funnily today 'floods' are in fashion and people buy their pants purposely short. But back then you were teased mercilessly for wearing floods.)

The manlet market hasn't always been served. Getting kid's clothes is not serving the manlet market. They need adult suits and such. It's a niche - just like big and tall.

And they do have a small number of those niche stores. If the demand were greater, more retailers would offer it.

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2018/...tite-men-ash-and-erie-peter-manning-jimmy-aus

Ya I don't really get that. They have suits for young men and boys, and quite frankly they are not made by age, they are made for the size they are. Our school had a dress code and we had to wear suits to school growing up. They were available and not hard to find.

So unless you are talking about short and fat (fat can be problem at any height), I don't know why a manlet would struggle to find things in his size. He is the height of a 12 or 15 or some age kid. That kid, if normal weight was the key demographic clothing choice for retailers. That person growing up was the AVERAGE and had everything designed to his specific size.

Truth is clothes should not be designated by kids or adults. Ok some styles should be. But clothes in general should be by size not age bracket. How would a non fat manlet need any different jeans than say a normal 15 year old boy would need. All the choices for the boy should fit him. They are not kids jeans. They are just jeans. And so on. For tall people that option just did not exist, much of the time.

Ya I don't really get that. They have suits for young men and boys, and quite frankly they are not made by age, they are made for the size they are. Our school had a dress code and we had to wear suits to school growing up. They were available and not hard to find.

So unless you are talking about short and fat (fat can be problem at any height), I don't know why a manlet would struggle to find things in his size. He is the height of a 12 or 15 or some age kid. That kid, if normal weight was the key demographic clothing choice for retailers. That person growing up was the AVERAGE and had everything designed to his specific size.

Truth is clothes should not be designated by kids or adults. Ok some styles should be. But clothes in general should be by size not age bracket. How would a non fat manlet need any different jeans than say a normal 15 year old boy would need. All the choices for the boy should fit him. They are not kids jeans. They are just jeans. And so on. For tall people that option just did not exist, much of the time.

The majority of the manlet market is short and fat. Americans are fat as fuck.

So imagine being 5'4
cover2.jpg

The majority of the manlet market is short and fat. Americans are fat as fuck.

Well 'fat' is the market then. As tall and fat have the same problem as does average height and fat.

For manlets who are of non fat proportions they should have little issues finding clothes to fit. And if they want a nice suit and can afford it they can go bespoke, or made to measure, which is what I have to do as a taller guy.

it is just a question of 'is he the height of the 10 year old or the 15 year old'. But they all can find clothes.

So why? Is it solely to avoid an potential embarrassment of shopping in the appropriate section? If so should stores group clothes by height and not age bracket and would that fix it?
Because kid's stores don't sell clothing suited for business settings. I don't think a manlet wants to go to work in overalls or whatever it is kids wear these days. They want nice tailored professional attire like everyone else.
465cba60eef4501b5de4a4bec9e8cf2c.jpg

886608038-1024x807.jpg

American clothing sizes are distorted by how fat everyone is; overseas I can just fit into a medium and can't even fit a small size onto my body. I'm 5'8 150 and I wear a small as a perfect fit in America. And I'm at the 40%ile for height, not too skinny, so there are a lot of guys smaller than me. That means shorter men that aren't fat probably can't shop at normal clothing stores. It's gotta be a huge market that's largely untapped actually.

This thread is meant to be taken seriously and not to be used to belittle manlets.

As i said in another thread, yesterday i was shocked to walk past this store below catering to Manlets.

It did not make sense to me??? As a tall guy (6'4") i grew up finding that few stores catered to people who were tall. A few Big and Tall type stores jumped in to cater to this niche market and that made sense as many times, tall people could not find things to fit anywhere else.

Manlets have no such problem. As a kid growing up to become a tall adult, i can say that almost all stores have all the height sizes right up until people get tall. If a 6 year old, 10 year old, 15 year old or 25 year old person going through normal growth patterns (not tall) can find stuff in their sizes, so too can a manlet.

it is just a question of 'is he the height of the 10 year old or the 15 year old'. But they all can find clothes.

So why? Is it solely to avoid an potential embarrassment of shopping in the appropriate section? If so should stores group clothes by height and not age bracket and would that fix it?

This store below has made me curious?? Any of you sherdoggers shop in a store like that?

OTERO MENSWEAR
Otero Menswear is a men’s fashion lifestyle apparel brand for short men. Otero Menswear seeks to make a positive difference in the world by offering apparel that fits the height, size and body type of men 5’4" – 5’9".

Its AF bro. /thread .... taken seriously.

It's a meme at this point but it's true: under capitalism, horrible ideas for which there exists no demand or gap in the market inevitably die out. So for that store to still be in business implies there's many people in the immediate community who feel they need a store with clothes that cater to them and their height specifically. Maybe it's an illusion and other stores have stock that adequately covers them, but if they feel like they want a store just for them, it's a legitimate gap. For instance, maybe they're more insecure than average and thus put forth more effort in their clothing to compensate. Like fat girls who have flawless hair and clothes, spend hours doing their make-up, wear high heels, etc.

It's a meme at this point but it's true: under capitalism, horrible ideas for which there exists no demand or gap in the market inevitably die out. So for that store to still be in business implies there's many people in the immediate community who feel they need a store with clothes that cater to them and their height specifically. Maybe it's an illusion and other stores have stock that adequately covers them, but if they feel like they want a store just for them, it's a legitimate gap. For instance, maybe they're more insecure than average and thus put forth more effort in their clothing to compensate. Like fat girls who have flawless hair and clothes, spend hours doing their make-up, wear high heels, etc.

I think it honestly appeals to manlets who feel embarrassed to shop in what would be the kids section in many normal stores.

It is not that they cannot find a ton of clothing options in most large clothing retailers but those that fit them best are in the kids section.

Just my guess.

I honestly cannot translate what you mean by this post??? Can you translate into normal English and not text speech as I am curious?

Basically if you buy high end mens clothes, like Zegna, Pal Zalari etc, $2K a suit, $300 shirt, a lot of these brands now have AF, Asian Fit. My local BOSS store is like 75% of their store is either slim fit (ghey size) or AF. I leterly can't shop at my local BOSS store lol

The Chinese gots the money and be buying shit up. Its like if you walk past Tiffany & Co or Canada Goosedown stores, its like 80% Asain people.

To you and me, its manlets, but to clothing companies, its AF for dem rich Asains.

it is because us manlet dukes will usually wear weird pant sizes stores don't carry like 38 x 28 because we are short but weight like 180 lbs of muscle. we dont have puny 30 inch waists or long ass 32 or 34 in inseam like the lanklets on this website with 30 x 34 pants.

This thread is meant to be taken seriously and not to be used to belittle manlets.

As i said in another thread, yesterday i was shocked to walk past this store below catering to Manlets.

It did not make sense to me??? As a tall guy (6'4") i grew up finding that few stores catered to people who were tall. A few Big and Tall type stores jumped in to cater to this niche market and that made sense as many times, tall people could not find things to fit anywhere else.

This store below has made me curious?? Any of you sherdoggers shop in a store like that?

OTERO MENSWEAR
Otero Menswear is a men’s fashion lifestyle apparel brand for short men. Otero Menswear seeks to make a positive difference in the world by offering apparel that fits the height, size and body type of men 5’4" – 5’9".
the problem with your logic here is that a regular 5'8" 15 year old will be a lot skinnier than a stocky 5'8" manlet so we can't wear their clothes our calves ,waist ,thighs and glutes are much larger.

Back