• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Manel Kape misses weight, fight vs Nicolau is OFF!

A title shot? Slow down haha.

Dude already lost to Nicolau already not too long ago, and in the fight before that he got bullied by Pantoja.

He has no top wins at all in the UFC. His best win 14th Dvorak.

Come to think of it, how is Kape even ranked 6th?
He kinda got a little limelight in his last fight and would be on a 5 fight win streak. It makes some sense, the only guy really ahead of him that isn’t coming off a loss or hasn’t already fought Pantoja recently is Albazi who was booked already with Moreno but withdrew.

He kinda got a little limelight in his last fight and would be on a 5 fight win streak. It makes some sense, the only guy really ahead of him that isn’t coming off a loss or hasn’t already fought Pantoja recently is Albazi who was booked already with Moreno but withdrew.

That limelight was more from what he did to Izzy at the presser, and because of his post fight interview, but I get your meaning.

If he's ranked 6th, there really aren't many other options right now.

That limelight was more from what he did to Izzy at the presser, and because of his post fight interview, but I get your meaning.

If he's ranked 6th, there really aren't many other options right now.
Yeah it was but that kind of stuff helps guys skip the line. Don’t agree with it but it’s the reality. I just think a title shot was in the cards for him with a win because of the current state of the division.

Yeah it was but that kind of stuff helps guys skip the line. Don’t agree with it but it’s the reality. I just think a title shot was in the cards for him with a win because of the current state of the division.

Well, I he was supposed to fight Kara in his last fight. A win over Kara would have definitely put Kape in 4th place. With Royval just losing his title shot, Amira injured or whatever is wrong with him, and Moreno already booked for a mexico card, a title shot for Kape would have been pretty much certain.

Well, I he was supposed to fight Kara in his last fight. A win over Kara would have definitely put Kape in 4th place. With Royval just losing his title shot, Amira injured or whatever is wrong with him, and Moreno already booked for a mexico card, a title shot for Kape would have been pretty much certain.
I think that was probably next with a win but missing weight this badly… You hate to reward him for it. Not really sure who you give Pantoja though if Albazi is out for any length of time. But UFC may also just say fuck it and do it anyways lol.

I've never been a fan of this dude, but it still sucks when guys miss weight. Hope the fight still happens.

Sucks for him. The UFC isn't going to want to promote an unreliable fighter. Why deal with the headache?

Dammit Kape, you got all that hype from the last presser and ended up throwing it away by missing weight like a dummy.

That sucks. He’s one of the few 125ers I’ve been a fan of.
had no idea there is a card tomorrow or that Strickland duplesis is the following week.
Same I kinda assumed MMA was over for good, so I'm invested 100% in curling, man, so underrated sport, so many subtelties and thrill. And during international comps you just KNOW you have the whole country behind you.

Haha shame!! Couldn’t have happened to a nicer person. Can’t beat a ranked opponent at 125 so I’m sure he’ll do well at 135.

Back