Maneater - 05/22/2020

Hadn't heard of this game til right now but it definitely looks like something I need to check out
If nothing else I wanna support it cause it looks like the type of random weird games we would get a couple console generations ago but rarely get anymore
Reminds me of Deadly Creatures on the Wii and I loved that game

I love games like this. That mid-budget, kind of crappy but kind of awesome game we used to get in the 360/PS3 days. I'd pick it up just for the novel idea of playing an ARPG as a shark.

The Epic store exclusivity is a no dawg from me. Just like Control, Metro: Exodus and others....in a year from now I won't give a shit. A shame Epic is worse than consoles are now about exclusives.

Kinda disappointed the song from the trailer isn't Hall & Oates.

It's kinda like saints row with sharks. Play in short spurts it does get repetative. I like it though

I'm enjoying the game so far but it says I'm 19% completed and I haven't really done anything
I'm just cruising through swamps eating turtles and getting my ass kicked by alligators
It's fun though

I'm a level 5 bad ass testosterone filled teenage shark now and the game is starting to open up a bit
Finally won an alligator fight and I'm starting to learn how to navigate these murky swamp waters a little better
Still haven't done a whole lot of actual missions and there's really no storyline at all so far but I'm still very much enjoying the game

Now that I can control my shark a little better it's fun to creep up on an alligator and slap the shit outta him with my tail and skate off laughing
I'm such a teenage troublemaker

I love games like this. That mid-budget, kind of crappy but kind of awesome game we used to get in the 360/PS3 days. I'd pick it up just for the novel idea of playing an ARPG as a shark.

The Epic store exclusivity is a no dawg from me. Just like Control, Metro: Exodus and others....in a year from now I won't give a shit. A shame Epic is worse than consoles are now about exclusives.

Epic worse than console???

exclusives with consoles stay as exclusives generally. Most never leave the home console for the other console and maybe years later it’ll hit the PC.

Epic generally holds exclusivity for new games for 6 months to a year at most I think. Borderland 3 for example.. It’s on Steam now..

but this game isn’t even an exclusive. It’s on every console, Epic and steam...

and I finally picked up Epic Last week. I was leery at first but games are a bit cheaper and I’ve received two great games for free already (CIV 6, Borderlands Handsome collection) and purchased Assassin Odyssey with all the DLC and season pass and Assassin 3 remastered for $30...

I was hating on Epic but now I am not sure why I ever did... they take less from the company so the creators are getting more for their hard work..

Last edited:
Alright I been playing this game nonstop for 3 days and I think Im ready to give it my official recommendation
Once you get through the grind of the swamp area and are strong enough to enter the ocean the game starts to rock with action and excitement
Killing humans, fighting bosses, terrorizing beachtowns, nonstop chaos!
Best way I can describe is Far Cry with sharks, if you enjoy the cache hunting and landmark finding parts of those games then you'll dig this
Sadly there are no towers to climb but there are beach piers that you have to figure out how to get to the top of

Im really loving this game

I really hope there is a patch soon to fix the frame rate, on my PS4 pro, whenever I try to get my bounty up and hunters come after me, the frame rate really drops and stutters quite badly.

Fun game though. Although it would have been nice to see dolphins lol. The camera work can be really annoying sometimes, when in a fight.

ive watched a lot of youtube vid's on this game. Exploring the ocean seems cool, but the combat just seems like it would get repetitive. Also I watched all the cutscenes for the storyline and combined they were like 10 minutes or something which seems a little shallow (pun intended).

I platinum'd the game today, it was fun (if very repetitive) for a week. Would have liked to seen more sea creatures to eat, though. Or more bosses.

The game feels pretty empty

Although, the
Apex Orca
kicked my ass a few times. It was the only Apex predator that I struggled with.

On sale for like $26 on amazon right now on Xbox. Went ahead and took the plunge. Watched Jaws over the weekend so this felt like appropriate timing.

My friend bought this game for Ps4 and apparently there is some issue with the game where it will crash and delete your save files, happened to him.

Just a warning

ive watched a lot of youtube vid's on this game. Exploring the ocean seems cool, but the combat just seems like it would get repetitive. Also I watched all the cutscenes for the storyline and combined they were like 10 minutes or something which seems a little shallow (pun intended).
You expected a game where you control a man eating shark to have a heavy, well thought out story?

(Of course I had to post this video)

This game looks fun but Ill wait till it comes down in price.
Something about games where you have to keep moving kinda irritate me at times (water or space stuff or even Tony hawk games at times before you had the option to get off the board)
Unless Im racing having to be in a constant forward motion just seems extremely limiting to me and at times frustrating if the controls are poor.
How was the maneuverability of the shark?

Just got this off the store. Its definitely something different!

Finally got around to playing this game (got it for free on PS Plus). This game is mindlessly fun. It's a bit rough at the beginning but once you level up past a certain point it's rather easy. Mutations make for super easy fights depending on your target. The draw of this game is that it is so casually relaxing to swim around (especially once you hit the Ocean area). The gameplay is extremely repetitive but I am really enjoying this game. Would have paid an easy $20 for this game. I might buy the DLC/upgrade to support them.

Back