Maneater - 05/22/2020

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Will anybody be playing this? It is on sale in most online shops for at least $15-20 cheaper than normal $60 dollar games - definitely wouldn't pay the full price for it.

It won't be a GOTY contender by any stretch of the imagination, but it looks to be quite fun and an RPG type shark-game with evolution?

I have preordered it and watched some gameplay videos, and the game looks quite nice.

I am playing Doom, and will play Eternal after it, but it seems like a little fun break from bigger games coming soon.

Thoughts?

It would be really cool to fight some wales or giant squid like in Jaws: Unleashed.

Im so goddamn interested I cant even put it into words how much I want to be a shark and fucking eat people.

But Im waiting for reviews on this one. Even if they're just OK I'll probably give it a go.

Im so goddamn interested I cant even put it into words how much I want to be a shark and fucking eat people.

But Im waiting for reviews on this one. Even if they're just OK I'll probably give it a go.
I wish this game looked less cartoon-like, but it still looks fun destroying boats by jumping through them lmao.

May pick this up, also saw Saints Row 3 remaster comes out same day, a couple of fun games to pass the time. I heard they have some interesting ideas for add ons for Maneater.

At the very least it looks fresh as hell, which is pretty rare these days. I'm just concerned with how repetitive it'll be. I can see it being one of those games that gets really old after an hour or two. I'd love to be wrong though, and for it to go on to become a cult classic.

I loved jaws unleashed. Forgot this game was dropping

I'm gonna wait for reviews and some gameplay to drop. I'll most likely buy either way

was fully prepared to NOPE this but you play as the shark so i’m in!
Did you play Jaws unleashed on xbox/ps2? Classic.

I'm just wondering if the graphics look too cartoony and if itll get repetitive

Did you play Jaws unleashed on xbox/ps2? Classic.

I'm just wondering if the graphics look too cartoony and if itll get repetitive
nah man never heard of it before now

and aye, not sure how much fun you can get out of this til it gets boring, imagine if they brought back sharks etc to gta though that would be decent

It's getting 7's from places like gamespot, ign, gameinformer gave it an 8. Seems to really depend on if the player of the game can look past the wonky fighting at first and just enjoy the comedic carnage along the way.

This game has way exceeded my expectations so far. I didn't do a whole lot of research on it beforehand, so I went in expecting a shallow (but fun) game where you go around terrorizing a bunch of people and killing them in creative ways. Instead, it's essentially a fully open world ARPG where you play as a shark and slowly evolve from a baby all the way up to a massive, Jaws-esque monster. There are levels, skills, quests, and even a surprisingly nuanced combat system complete with counters (which you'll need to make good use of if you decide to tangle with alligators early on... trust me!).

What's surprised me the most is just how much of a focus there is on the underwater stuff--namely other fish and wildlife. I've spent way more time gobbling up fish and battling alligators and barracudas than I have going on Jaws-inspired rampages, and that's something I never would've expected. There are even underwater cave/tunnel systems you can explore, which sort of remind me of dungeons in ARPGs.

The only real complaints I have are that the controls can sometimes feel clumsy, it's tough to keep up with fast-moving creatures in combat (even with the Focus key/button), and the lack of a mini-map or navigation system can sometimes make it tricky to get from one area to the next without having to reference your full map.

I'm only about 5 hours in according to the Epic launcher, but based on my current playtime I'd rate the game a solid 7.5/10. If you guys are after a truly unique ARPG, and just a fun and unique game period, you should definitely give it a look. It won't be winning any GOTY awards anytime soon, but I think it has all the makings of a future cult classic/hidden gem. It really makes me wish there were more games like it!

Has anyone else here played it yet? If so, what do you think about it?

I was really excited about this but I don't pay money for epic exclusives. Those big front loaded contracts absolutely murder the passion and creativity of game developers.

The game is pretty good. but the price meh.. needs to be lower. should be at least 20 dollar game or lower

Waiting on this game and Snowrunner to go on sale before I pick them up.

This game has way exceeded my expectations so far. I didn't do a whole lot of research on it beforehand, so I went in expecting a shallow (but fun) game where you go around terrorizing a bunch of people and killing them in creative ways. Instead, it's essentially a fully open world ARPG where you play as a shark and slowly evolve from a baby all the way up to a massive, Jaws-esque monster. There are levels, skills, quests, and even a surprisingly nuanced combat system complete with counters (which you'll need to make good use of if you decide to tangle with alligators early on... trust me!).

What's surprised me the most is just how much of a focus there is on the underwater stuff--namely other fish and wildlife. I've spent way more time gobbling up fish and battling alligators and barracudas than I have going on Jaws-inspired rampages, and that's something I never would've expected. There are even underwater cave/tunnel systems you can explore, which sort of remind me of dungeons in ARPGs.

The only real complaints I have are that the controls can sometimes feel clumsy, it's tough to keep up with fast-moving creatures in combat (even with the Focus key/button), and the lack of a mini-map or navigation system can sometimes make it tricky to get from one area to the next without having to reference your full map.

I'm only about 5 hours in according to the Epic launcher, but based on my current playtime I'd rate the game a solid 7.5/10. If you guys are after a truly unique ARPG, and just a fun and unique game period, you should definitely give it a look. It won't be winning any GOTY awards anytime soon, but I think it has all the makings of a future cult classic/hidden gem. It really makes me wish there were more games like it!

Has anyone else here played it yet? If so, what do you think about it?

love it. i haven't play games in years and this game caught my attention. <Lmaoo>.

Thought it was original and cute. :D feels like animal gta. haha

At the very least it looks fresh as hell, which is pretty rare these days. I'm just concerned with how repetitive it'll be. I can see it being one of those games that gets really old after an hour or two. I'd love to be wrong though, and for it to go on to become a cult classic.

i thought it was pretty good, didn't get bored of it maybe because i enjoy watching my shark grow. lol.

Back