Man Utds next manager?

Roy Keane is the guy to get those lads in order. Was already a leader when Ferg was in charge. Neville would be a solid choice, but that team needs toughness. Neville's too eager to compromise.

Roy would be a terrible choice. And I'm a fan of Roy. From his playing days, he'd make a terrible manager. He won't compromise and it's "my way or the highway" and it's no use to you when you slide studs up at your players in practice (I jest... kinda) and they can't play.

I follow a club that’s won nothing since 1980. Doesn’t mean I don’t know an overhyped bully when I see one. Steve Bruce was harder than Keane, as was Schmeichel, but they didn’t base their entire career around a contrived image like he did.

Sorry son, he’s been debunked as a poor manager, and history will show he was a competitive, limited footballer, with above average fitness and a below average temperament. He wasn’t a properly hard footballer, just a bad-tempered bully.

Your assessment of Roy is pretty much spot on. He's a poor manager and anyone that thought he'd be a good one a the end of his career was on some serious drugs.

Given his ability, his competitiveness and will got him a pretty good career and probably the right kinda of person to lead Man Utd at that time.

Back